May all your bacon burn

Red

Shaye came down for dinner on her own, sitting between Jin and Taehyung. Yoongi looked up and audibly groaned. “We just bought you new clothes!” She took a sip of water as she shrugged “And the PJ pants are very comfy, thanks.”

His head hit the table “I told you we should’ve gotten a jersey for her” he reminded Jin. “And I told you it wasn’t going to kill you if she wore yours every now and then.”

“It might” he muttered as Jungkook and NamJoon brought pizza to the table.

Shaye took one look at the pizzas and paled slightly. “I don’t mean to be rude, is there any plain cheese or anything left to make another pizza?”

Yoongi sat up and looked at the pizzas “You’re not being rude. There should be plenty for another one. Want me to make it for you?”

 Shaye shook her head “I can do it, thanks” She got up and went into the kitchen.

Yoongi started to get up when Jungkook stopped him “Hyung, what’s wrong with our pizzas?” Yoongi ruffled Jungkook’s hair “Nothing really, she just has a weird stomach. She can eat most of everything that’s on them she just can’t eat some of them together.”

**

Yoongi finally joined her in the kitchen. He reached around her trapping her between him and the counter. He gently took the knife out of her hand as she on her finger. “That’s why I offered to make it for you. I know for a fact that you know how to handle a knife. So why is it that you cut yourself every time you cut up an onion?”

 “That will forever be one of the greatest mysteries of me. Can you move your arm please, I need to check the bacon.”

He let her out “Put a band-aid on that first.”

Shaye turned back to him and held her finger up where he could see. What she didn’t realize was that blood had started to well up again. He smirked and gently put his mouth over her finger. Her eyes widened slightly before narrowing a bit. “You will die if my bacon burns. Jin? Where’s the first aid kit, I need a band-aid.”

“The cabinet next to the fridge.” He had gotten up to find it for her and came to an abrupt stop in the entrance to the kitchen.

Shaye looked amused at Jin before turning back to Yoongi “Are you done with the onion?” He nodded with her finger still in his mouth. “Okay. Then please release my finger so you can eat and I can finish making my dinner.”

 He let her go and Jin smacked his head as they left the kitchen “Aish, this kid.”

“Yah! Hyung.” The two joined the others at the table.

“That’s right, I’m a year older than you, what are you going to do?” Yoongi kept quiet and ate his pizza.

Things were quiet for a while until Shaye came out with her pizza “So do any of you have siblings?”

“Some of us do yeah. NamJoon is the runt of his family.” Hoseok offered causing Shaye to choke on her water. She pointed at the Alpha “Mr. tall and gangly was a runt?” NamJoon rolled his eyes. “Isn’t it usually the oldest in a group of siblings that’s the Alpha?”

“Not always. As Hoseok so nicely pointed out. I’m the youngest of four and every one of us turned out to be an Alpha. My oldest brothers are twins. Yongnam stayed with the family pack and became dad’s second. Yongguk is an Alpha of his own pack. And Chanyeol also settled for being one of two seconds in a pack that occasionally splits into two and it’s led by co-Alphas. He’s just as strong as they are but never wanted to lead so he suppresses his presence as an Alpha.”

 Shaye turned her attention to Taehyung who was poking her arm, wanting to speak next. She looked at him with amusement in her eyes as he practically bounced in his seat. “My older brother, Baekhyun is in the same pack as Chanyeol and our cousin Daehyun is in Yongguk’s pack.”

 “Interesting, so you never did tell me what your pack is called. And what’s the name of the other two?” NamJoon gained her attention again “We’re Bangtan. Yongguk’s pack is BAP and the other one is EXO.”

Shaye nodded appreciative of the information and looked around the table “Any other siblings?” Jin slightly lifted his hand from the table “I have an older sister.”

 “You probably haven’t heard but I have a younger brother now.” She turned, wide eyes on Yoongi “How old?” Yoongi had a soft smile on his lips “About 9 years now.”

“Wow, super late congratulations to your parents. I know your mom always wanted another. I’d like to meet him someday. I’d like to meet all of your siblings.”

Hoseok watched her for a bit “Jimin, Jungkook and I are only children.” Shaye turned to him with a smile “So am I.”

She noticed the youngest three eyeing what was let of her pizza. She gestured that it was okay to have it and it was gone in seconds. “Who knew that bacon and onion could be so good!” Jimin said and the other two nodded in agreement. “What else do you like to make?” NamJoon slapped the back of his head “She is not going to start cooking for us.”

Shaye nodded in agreement “No, but I’ll help sometimes.” The three cheered. Her phone buzzed once and she ignored it since they were technically still at dinner. “Do you need to check that?” Jin asked. Shaye shook her head “It’s probably not-” she was interrupted by three consecutive buzzes from her phone. “Excuse me.” She ran for the office.

“What just…” Jimin started when she came back with a few articles she had printed. She dropped them in the middle of the table.

“Can I use someone’s phone please.”

“But you have-” Yoongi elbowed Jimin in the side and tossed his phone to her. She dialed a number and held it to her ear until she heard a soft click “Rancorous, Eloquent, Deadlock”

“Your choice of words are rather eloquent this time.” Shaye rolled her eyes “Not funny Fujimaru.” She raked her fingers through her hair “Is it as bad as it looks or worse?”

“It’s hard to say. Your police friends have been trying get it out there that you are indeed still alive but everyone who doesn’t matter wants proof. I’ve been talking with Chen and Kai. They’re doing what they can to shut down the stories of you being dead.”

“I don’t care what the rest of the world thinks” she growled. “Everyone who needs to know, knows I’m alive. This is a trap to get me to come out or for mom to come out so they can get me through her. I need to get word to her that I’m fine.”

“Sounds like someone near you has an idea. I’m gonna work on getting the stories taken down.”

“Thanks Maru.”

Yoongi had come to stand next to her and took the phone from her. “Appa? No she’s right here.” He quickly filled his dad in before holding the phone to her ear. “Tell him where she is, he’ll let her know.”

Shaye nodded “Hi Mr. Min.” She couldn’t stress enough how important it was that her mom stayed hidden and sage. “Please Mr. Min, deliver the message only. She’s safe where she’s at.” “But we can protect her.” Shay sighs “I know.” Yoongi gave her a look. “Fine she can go with you but only if it’s her idea, only if she asks. Promise me.” It was Mr. Min’s turn to sight “Fine. And I’ll let Yoongi know if she comes and stays with us.”

“Thank you.” Shaye hands the phone back to Yoongi before muttering an apology and disappearing.

 “Tae!”

“Already on it.” Taehyung follows her trail and appears behind her on a hilltop overlooking the city. She had a knee drawn up and was resting her chin on it. She glanced over at him “Do I even want to ask, because it shouldn’t be possible for you to have followed me.”

Taehyung shrugged before sitting next to her. “It’s kind of unique to my ability but I can try to teach you how to track someone while teleporting if you’d like.”

She immediately shook her head “No if it’s something that’s unique to you. Keep it that way. The last thing we need is the wrong people learning how to do that. But thank you.” She reached up to ruffle his hair.

“So… why’d you run?”

Shaye leaned back and looked at the sky “Just need to breathe.”

“You could’ve done that from our roof or something” he chuckled. “I know but this view is worth it.” She looked back to the city.

“Ready to go back? Suga was really worried. And we could probably get Jin hyung to make some hot chocolate.”

“Race you there!” Shaye disappeared with a smirk. Her jaw dropped when she saw that Taehyung was already sitting at the table when she appeared. “How?”

“I kinda have this Cheshire effect.” He waved his hand and slowly disappeared and re-appeared directly in front of her. “Okay that; that I’m going to ask you to show me how to do.” Taehyung thought about it for a bit before nodding “Yeah, okay we can do that.”

Someone cleared their throat causing the two to look to the table as Jin brought out the hot chocolate. “Glad you came back. Would you mind explaining exactly who is after you?”

Shaye joined them at the table and thanked Jin for the coco. “I don’t want to talk about it.”

Hoseok sighed “How are we supposed to help you if you won’t tell us?” She shook her head “That’s just is, you don’t. I can deal with them on my own. I’ve done fine so far.”

The guys just stared at her until Yoongi spoke up. “Yeah so far but how long can you go on your own? I know for a fact that you can deal with it but in the long run can you handle it?” She deflated sighing and scratched her brow. “It’s his twin brother and their sister, mostly…. Now if you’ll excuse me” She stood up and made her way upstairs.