Bug in the system

Red

“No, no, no! What are you doing?” Kai appeared as Shaye was taking apart and shutting down anything connected to the doorway.

“It’s not safe.”

“It was safe, until you started taking stuff apart! Why didn’t you stop her?” He turned to Taehyung.

“I tried” he shrugged “You know she doesn’t do anything without a reason.”

“It wasn’t safe enough and we can fix it later.”

Kai immediately hopped on one of the computers “What do you mean?”

“Someone was probing.”

“Do you think it was Raven?”

Shaye ruffled her hair “I doubt it. The signature was completely different but it doesn’t mean it was good.”

Kai sighed “Alright, did you finish what you needed to do?”

“I think so.”

“Good, because Chen isn’t going to be happy.”

“Chen can kiss my . And don’t you dare let him touch the system. I said I would fix it.”

“Actually you said we.”

“Whatever” She rolled her eyes “I’ll fix it and do it properly too.”

Kai chuckled stepping back “Alright, alright. I’ll let you handle it. Let’s head up.”

She took a step forward as her legs gave out. “I’ve got you” Taehyung held her up. “I’m sure everyone is gathered it the living room or milling around the house by now. Let’s get you up to Jin.”

“Why Jin?”

“Because he’s a healer.”

She just stared at him.

“Did you not know that your mates have powers?”

Shaye glanced at her brother “Shut up. I know that Taehyung can teleport and Yoongi has some elemental.” She giggled briefly at a memory “When we were little it rained anytime he cried. A tantrum caused lightning and anything worse was full out storm. I completely forgot about it until now but that would be why he always seems so calm and it takes a lot to faze him. I would love to see what he can do now, it’s been a long time since I last saw him use it.”

While she was talking Taehyung and Kai were making their way upstairs. And before Shaye knew it she was placed on Jin’s lap “What?” he started questioning before he felt the imbalance in her energy and wrapped his arms around her waist as her back rested against his chest. “So what was that about earlier?”

Shaye shrugged “Bug in the system” she glared at Chen. “What you did was the equivalent of an emergency hot wire on a car. Of course I’m exaggerating a smidge but…”

Chen turned to Kai “What did she do?”

“Probably saved our asses.”

She turned an apologetic gaze to Ezra “I’ll have to fix the doorway so Ezra and his pack can return home once we get Jae.” The Alpha nodded in understanding.

“No. What did you do” Chen turned to Shaye not wanting to believe his ears.

“What’s going on?” Mason entered the room with Tao.

Chen and Kai immediately zeroed in on Mason. “Please tell our sister that we don’t need to destroy our doorway when we’re all done with everything.” They wrapped themselves around Mason who looked to Shaye for help.

“Excuse me” she muttered to Jin before releasing an exasperated sigh and standing up. “I told you guys when it was just an idea that it’d be dangerous having something like that in your house. And that now that it exists in your house that it’s be okay to keep if you made some changes to it.”

“She’s right” Mason chimed in “The way it’s set up now, anyone or anything could come and go even when it’s supposed to be turned off. Before we leave we could help you with it if you’d like?”

Chen and Kai look at each other and Tao and Shaye immediately pulled them off of Mason. “For the love of everything, please don’t.”

“You don’t want me to help you?” Mason blinked slightly confused knowing how excited Shaye was with the technology they had.

“Not you, them.”

“What were they going to do?”

“Do you guys have a cartoon movie called Hercules?”

Mason’s pack shook their heads “Don’t believe so.”

Shaye and Tao shared a look releasing their brothers who started bowing to Mason “We’re not worthy!”

Shaye started swaying slightly to keep her balance. Jin took notice and pulled her back to the couch.

“I’m fine.”

“Please.”

She settled back without fighting. “Hey Mason” she pulled his attention from her brothers groveling. “How long has Jae been missing for?”

“About 3 days.”

“Alright if I’m right about this. She’s been here for about 9 days give or take. The only good things about that is the time difference could’ve been worse. And neither of us has felt anything.”

“You have an odd way of finding the silver lining.”

Shaye just nodded. “Alright, quick introdutions for my guys. All the doppels stand next to each other please.”

“I still can’t get over the fact that there’s two Kai’s. If they’re anything alike it’s gonna be that much more trouble.”

Kai propped his arm on Kasper. “Shut up Hyung as if you’re one to talk.”

Shaye coughed gaining their attention “There’s similarities between all of you. I can tell you however unlike Baek, Riley actually knows his way around a computer. Once again Mason is Jae’s twin. Next is- Ez knock that smirk off your face.” He dropped it only to have Kris smirk in his place. “Not you too.” He nodded, because of course Ezra talked to Kris about her being an Alpha.

“The annoying one next to Kris is one of their Alpha’s Ezra. Next is Arren, he and Luhan are probably the most alike. The last two are Kasper and Riley.” They just waved.

“This is Jin” she pointed behind her “You kind of met Jimin earlier. Then there’s Yoongi, Hoseok, Jungkook, Taehyung and their Alpha NamJoon.” She pointed around the room. “Now that that’s settled did you guys figure out how we can get eyes on the inside?”

“Not exctly,” Maru stood up and started to pace “we can’t have the cameras unless we want Raven to piggy back and find us. We might be able to do the cctvs surrounding and nearby if we have other hackers do it and we piggy back them while scrambling signals.”

Shaye tapped Jin’s arm and he let her up. “What if we want Raven to piggy back us?”

“Widow maker?” Shaye nodded.

“I don’t know” Maru was unsure.

“Sure you do. We can combine both methods, we have enough people here and over the world if we needed the help.”

Xiumin raised a hand “You’re trusting other hackers?”

The duo nodded. “There are a few that we both trust outside of my brothers who I know for a fact have no connection with Raven. Alright!” Shaye snapped her fingers “Dummy ware.”

“What?”

“Absolutely not.”

Shaye pouted at Maru who was still shaking his head “Raven’ll spot it from a mile away.”

She shook her head “Not my dummy ware. Raven has never dealt with anything like it. Pair it with widow maker and a touch of fox and Raven’ll never know what hit ‘m.”

Maru scratched his brow “I guess it’s worth a shot. Now how are we going to get the girl out?”

Shaye glanced around the room “I’ll tell you that later.”

“We have the blue prints!” Sehun, Chanyeol and Zelo ran in.

“How?” Shaye followed Chanyeol to the dining room as he spread them out on the table. He glanced up at her “Like your family and the police, we know a few people in city hall.”

“Did you tell them what they were for?”

Chanyeol shook his head “They didn’t ask. And if it’ll put you at ease they also don’t like your aunt.”

“Not really, but thanks.” She held her hand out materializing a marker “We can write on these?”

Chanyeol nods.

“Ah.”

Shaye turned to Taehyung “What?”

“That explains it.” He left the room to talk with Jin and Yoongi.

Shaye just shook her head and started marking things on the blueprints “There’s going to be cameras: here, here, and here…” She paused.

“What’s wrong?” Kasper asked. Everyone around the table saw the brief look of horror that flashed through her eyes before she shook her head and continued.

“Knowing her, she’ll have men patrolling these floors.”

“That’s not a lot” Arren realized.

“She’s very confident in her prowess and reputation. Anyways we need to avoid these areas.”

“How? The way she has stuff set up. If it’s how it’s set up. There’s no way we’re getting in undetected.” Riley was a bit skeptical, she couldn’t blame him.

“Don’t worry about it. Now if you’ll excuse me.” She tried going off on her own but NamJoon knew better and snagged her hand before leading her to the backyard.

He ran his hands up and down her arms “Want to tell me what that was about?”

“Other than the fact that Riley is an unlike Baekhyun?”

He sighed “Whatever it was that’s making you shake.” He gave her a knowing look when she opened . Causing her to shake her head before starting again. “I can’t tell you because I don’t know what it was myself.”

 “Alright let’s try another one. Yoongi pointed something out to me. When were you going to tell us that you’re going in alone?”

“Not completely” She muttered. “Not everyone can go and there’s always the possibility that we’ll need back up. I plan on taking Yoongi with if that helps calm you down. We’ve been bonded much longer than the rest and he knows me best. I won’t have to worry about him being distracted because he’s worrying about me.”

Namjoon stared at her for a bit before nodding his head side to side “Fair enough. The others won’t like it.”

“Tough. Plus the less people who actually know what the plans are the better. It’s not that I don’t trust it’s just easier.