Originally

It's Like Fireworks

Chapter 1   Originally

           The crowd bustled as the boys moved around the stage laughing and singing and dancing as they had done for a while now. When they’d first started they could only have dreamed about being on stage and becoming so popular but it was largely thanks to the elder members in the band. The youngest glanced across the stage to see white hair streaked in pink bouncing around as he spoke smooth rhythms into the microphone. Their leader. The man’s profile glowed in the stage light, masculine but beautiful. His serious eyes reached out to the crowd and drug them in and his smooth and deep voice charmed them and stole their hearts. Though, in reality, their leader was gentle, funny, and a little strange and didn’t really care about the women throwing themselves at his feet. NamJoon had easily pulled the crowd in… the crowd and his youngest band member. His heart raced anytime he got to watch. It was almost suffocating. Jungkook glanced at their leader from under his black bangs but quickly looked away when their second oldest member, Yoongi, looked over at him. It wasn’t like he was afraid of that hyung but the one staged named Suga was very intellectual and quick witted. The problem was the Kookie did not want to get caught and he would be the one to catch him. A fact that he was reminded up when Yoongi winked at him before spinning his own rhymes to the crowd. Unlike NamJoon the one called Suga was small and had milky white skin with his hair dyed reddish. He was beautiful too and whenever he began to rap the young man’s soul shown in his eyes. Honest, sincere and heartfelt. The little brunette smiled at him before letting his eyes wander back to their leader while his hyung was occupied.

             His attention was ripped away as the song ended and one of the other younger members wrapped a sweaty muscular arm around him to yank him down to the other’s height. “Ow, Jimin-hyung!” the kid whined as he tried to push the chubby cheeked dancer away. Jimin was hyper, talkative and cute with big puppy eyes and a hard body. He was the shortest member so he was often teased but the youngest member liked him a lot. He was fun to play with. Finally two of the other members, HoSeuk and TaeHyung managed to distract the baby faced gym nut and Jungkook was released. Ah, he’d forgotten about TaeHyung who grinned at him with a silly box smile. TaeHyung was also very close to their youngest member and was someone who the kid loved to be around. Crescent shaped eyes that crinkled with his silly smile and fluffy purple hair that bounced when the eccentric owner was excited. TaeHyung wasn’t as aggressive as Jimin and often balanced his attention to the members well. He was someone that JongKook was very glad joined the band. JHope, who was always goofing off with TaeHyung and Jimin was a little older, but he was hyper and happy and could occasionally be very handsome… when he wasn’t being a complete idiot. JHope was the mood maker but thankfully he wasn’t as sharp as the other hyungs. “Are you impressed with your hyungs?” came a soft voice from behind him. It was their last, and oldest member. The kid had almost forgotten that SeokJin was also very observant. Jin was excessively handsome with big, sweet eyes, soft brown hair, and a gentle smile. He was like a real life prince in appearance but in reality he was awkward and a little bit of an otaku. It was okay with Kookie though because they played a lot of games and watched a lot of movies together.

             “All except Jiminie and Hobi hyung.” The kid replied and Jin giggled.

             “Better not let that kid hear you call him like that.” The oldest was referring to the disrespectful way that the kid had referred to Jimin who was older than him.

             “Do you blame me?” Kookie asked with a laugh and Jin laughed too, patting the kid on the head and the moving to stand near Yoongi and NamJoon. They welcomed him over and allowed him to use one of their microphones to speak to the crowd. Once the oldest hyung had finished JHope tried to wrestle the smaller Yoongi’s mic away but the little redhead managed to escape before making a witty joke at his bandmate’s expense. That’s when the other two attacked. “Hyung” came a singsong whine as Jimin tried to act cute to their leader, “I want to talk too.” JongKook twitched and resisted the urge to go smack his baby faced hyung. “Gross.” Their leader responded and looked over at TaeHyung who was giving him beautiful, wide puppy eyes. He sighed and looked around to find JongKook standing a little ways behind him before waving him over. The kid moved automatically at his leader’s command but every step made him more nervous. He was nervous to be near their leader. He handed the heavy black mic into Kookie’s hand before motioning out to the crowd. Kookie glanced at them nervously and stumbled through a thank you. He was, after all, thankful to them for giving them such fame. The crowd cheered happily for the cute kid and the leader wrapped an arm around the kid’s shoulders. Heat filled the brunette’s face but thankfully it could be attributed to his shy nature and the large crowd watching on. The heat from his leader’s arm spread through the kid’s body and he breathed in NamJoon’s warmth, feeling his cheeks getting sore from the huge smile on his face. The mic was passed off to TaeHyung, mostly because Jongkook wanted to annoy Jimin, and the white haired leader patted his favorite dongseng’s shoulder, “You did well.” He told the kid who stared up at him with innocent and wide eyes.

             Afterwards they quickly changed to head back to the dorms. Jin was the first into the shower, followed closely by NamJoon and YoonGi, next was TaeHyung and after him, JHope. Jimin made sure to ask the youngest if he wanted to shower first but he was still too shy. The kid shook his head and waited until all of the others were in bed for the night before taking his own shower. He’d always waited for them. He was the youngest so he should wait, plus he was too shy to risk one of them walking in on him. Just the thought of it made the kid cringe and turn red. He sighed and let the warm water rush down his skin before scrubbing himself down and making sure to get every last bit of makeup off of his face. He had school in the morning.

 

             TaeHyung was awake as soon as the sun rose, sitting in the kitchen watching their eldest member cook breakfast. The young man hummed a song quietly as he stared out of the window. Mornings were nice. The air was cool and crisp and the crowds hadn’t come out yet. He liked it when he woke up and Jin was cooking. It reminded him of home and of his family. He sighed heavily before Jin turned around to eye him. “Bored already?” the older said with a soft giggle. It was true, TaeHyung was horrible about getting bored easily. It was hard to keep his attention for long so he was often fluttering around trying to find something interesting and fun. He loved having fun and that’s part of the reason he was so thankful to be in this band. His bandmates were silly and fun and accepted him for being as silly and wild as he was. “Want to do me a favor?” the band’s prince asked, catching the younger one’s attention. The purple haired kid popped his head up and waited, with curiously wide eyes for his hyung to tell him what to do. “Go wake up Kookie.” Jin noted, waving his spatula in the direction of the room the three of them shared. Tae had been super careful not to wake the others up before leaving but if Jin was asking… He stood and moved back into his own room quietly. Better to leave Jiminie asleep so that Kookie could get ready in peace. He slid over to the younger kid’s bedside and pulls the sheet down just enough to see his face.

             Ah, TaeHyung noted, he’s so cute. He grinned at the sleeping Jungkook who’s face was just barely shimmering in the light. He still barely had his baby cheeks and his long lashes cast shadows across them. Soft, sweet but somewhat thin lips were pursed in sleep and the kid kind of looked like an angel. His hyung could see it. Big white wings and a halo on the shy, quiet kid with the powerful voice. He liked their magnae a lot. It was fun to play together and he never got too tired of Tae’s weirdness. Although Tae really did like all of their band members, he enjoyed time spent with the youngest because the kid was very capable and smart so he often got jokes that Jimin didn’t. It wasn’t like their other roomie was slow, but his personality was often too hyped to carefully listen. That was cute too. Jimin was also cute with his cute puffy cheeks and puppy dog expressions. While he had glanced over at the other sleeping boy, Kookie had rolled over and was now facing directly into Tae’s chest. His warm breath pressing through the shirt and the other boy immediately moved away. He couldn’t wake Kookie up. The kid was too cute when sleeping. Too cute. He moved quietly back into the kitchen. “I can’t” he giggled with a big box smile, “He’s too cute!”

             “Well that cutie will be late for school if we don’t wake him. Come over here and flip this when it starts to turn brown. I’ll go wake Kookie.” Jin sighed and took his apron off to hand it over to the purple haired onlooker who made a complaint but did as he was told anyway. It would be fun to flip pancakes. He wondered if he could do it like they do in movies. Jin left him giggling to himself over the stove.

 

             Jimin woke up to Jin gently shaking one of his roommates awake. The dark haired magnae rolled over softly and Jimin’s heart nearly leapt out of his chest as the kid’s sleeping face came into view. Jongkook was unbelievably handsome for someone still in school. He was like something out of a manga or a drama. The kid was tall, strong, handsome and somehow cuter than anything Jimin had ever seen. Big eyes slowly opened as the kid made eye contact with their oldest member and sighed heavily. School. JongKook was the only one of them still young enough to be in school, Jimin and TaeHyung had graduated almost a year ago and the older were going on four or five years out. They all worked during the days or nights while Kookie enjoyed school life. The baby faced Jimin found himself wishing that he could go to class with his beloved magnae. He watched through on eye so that no one would know he’d woken and Kookie sat up before glancing around. Honestly, the kid was too shy but the shyness was cute in its own way. “Hurry up and get ready.” Jin told the kid before leaving the room and their youngest member followed obediently, glancing at his sleeping roommate again before stripping his pajamas. For a seventeen year old the brunette was well build and slender with strong arms and creamy skin. Damn, Jimin though as he rolled over and listened to the kid panic for a half second and then hurry through donning his uniform. Damn, Damn, Damn… he’s just a kid, Jimin. Just a kid. He sighed and pushed himself back into sleep.

         

 

             TaeHyung watched as Jimin bounced around the room in anticipation, laughing at his silly friend who was running between windows like a puppy waiting for it’s master to return. “It’s way past time, where is he?” the little puppy whined and HoSeuk caught Jimin in a hug before tossing him onto the couch and play wrestling with the hyper kid. Tae laughed to his heart’s content at them before Hobi, their nickname for their hyper dance captain HoSeuk, yanked him in and smothered him too. Jimin complained loudly but he was grinning and TaeHyung curled himself up against his friend to reduce the area his hyung could tickle while Jimin fought the hyper dancer off of them. Hobi hit the floor with a loud slam and Jimin quickly hopped away but Tae was still caught and begged the older boy to let him go, through his laughter. “Do something cute and I’ll let you go!” The hyung demanded with a goofy smile so Tae managed his best ageyo while laying down. “Ahhhh” Hobi made a silly sound pinched Tae’s cheeks while singling, “Why are you so cute??” They laughed and hugged before collapsing together on the couch. The members were so fun. “Jiminieeeeee” Hobi called in a singsong voice and Jimin made a face, causing their hyung to hop off the couch and be after him again. The two dancers had too much stamina and it made the vocalist tired watching them so he wandered off towards the window where he saw the van pull in and a familiar brunette bunny hopping out. “He’s here.” He said softly and Jimin pushed Hobi away to rush to the window and happily exclaim that he was going to go down and meet the younger boy.

             He’d almost made it to the door before their silver haired leader calmly ruined his plans. “No.” came the deep and sure voice. Tae laughed as Jimin’s shoulder sunk and he turned to complain to the young man playing on his cell phone. NamJoon didn’t even look up before denying him again. The puppy boy tried everything from whining to acting cute but the leader never looked up and they all knew that if the kid left anyway there would be hell to pay. The rapper was always very nice to them and indulged most of their silly behavior but when he wanted you to stop, you stopped. He was not someone they wanted to mess with. He was strong, smart, and well-respected. When they were still trainees there was once a rumor that he was a street thug before joining the company. Jin assures them that the rumor isn’t true, but NamJoon had never addressed it and sometimes Yoongi references it as a possible truth. Tae was pretty sure that it was just to keep the crazy Hobi and Jiminie in line but he wasn’t particularly sure. Finally the door opened at Jimin pounced on the high-schooler as he stepped through. He hung off the kid’s neck until JongKook finally pushed him away. “Go away, hyung!” the brunette bunny growled but Jimin was relentless so Tae wrapped an arm around the kid and pushed his bandmate away, dragging him to their room to change. “Don’t worry.” He told the shy kid, “I’ll go bother Jiminie so you can change in peace.” Once the door closed Tae out Jimin pounced him and caught him in a headlock to complain about being pushed away but they were close friends so the purple haired kid was used to it. He slid his hand around and started tickling the puffy faced attacker who immediately collapsed onto the floor and struggled to get away while laughing. Kookie finally resurfaced in black skinny jeans and an oversized tee shirt with a beanie and boots.

             “Want to play some basketball?” Jimin asked with wide puppy eyes but the kid grimaced.

             “I can’t today, hyung.” JongKook noted with a sad expression, “I have vocal training.” Jimin’s shoulders slumped and his expression darkened for a second but he recovered quickly. Tae didn’t notice as he was focused on their sad looking magnae.

             “Ah, I need to practice too” the purple haired bandmate noted, “Can I come?”

             “I guess you should ask NamJoon Hyung and Manager Hyung,” Kookie noted, a little light back in his eyes when he thought someone might get to go with him so Tae grinned widely and hurried to ask their leader and manager.

 

    Jimin glared at his band mate’s back but sighed, he’d already gone to vocal training for the day and if he went back the teacher would complain. TaeHyung didn’t mean to come between them. He just wanted to support the kid, they all did, so Jiminie couldn’t get too angry. He watched his crush excitedly follow their roommate towards their leader. That’s right. He had a huge crush on the youngest member. Kookie was cute, but he was also masculine, strong and unbearably handsome. The problem was, Kookie was not interested, and also still only seventeen. He couldn’t pursue him yet. Not until he was older. For now, Jimin had settled himself into staying close friends with the kid but the problem was that no matter how often he had to talk himself down he was always wanting to spend time together, to monopolize the youngest member and most of all, to touch him. He wanted so badly to wrap his arms around the handsome young man. He wanted to push his lips against the other’s skin and he wanted to trace Kookie’s muscles with his fingers. He wanted too much. He was too greedy and he knew that he was pushing the shy boy away but he couldn’t help himself. He could barely control himself from crawling in bed together.

 

    JungKook followed TaeHyung into the livingroom to ask NamJoon about going with him and the leader eyed him suspiciously for a moment but shrugged. Tae was on the vocal line with the kid so they often trained together, Jin said it was a good way to estimate how each other will sing a song so that they can harmonize and adjust. As TaeHyung spoke with NamJoon JungKook fixed his eyes on them. It wasn’t weird now. He had a reason to be watching. He watched his leader’s dark sultry eyes calculate ’s words and his full thick lips move as he replied. He eyes the older boy’s broad and muscular shoulder and tanned skin. The younger boy loved his chances to observe the man. The beautiful and intelligent man that he called leader. Tae’s bright box-shaped grin spread and NamJoon smiled back at him with a gentle and kind smile reserved wholly for s. JungKook was jealous for a moment until that same smile turned to him. NamJoon’s smile made his heart skip beats and gave him goosebumps. “I trust you to keep TaeHyung in line, okay?” the silver haired boy told Kookie who nodded softly, too surprised to manage a real reply. His leader was truly enchanting. Tae finally left their leader’s side and hurried to wrap a gentle arm around Kookie who accepted it was a way to divert his attention. The kid wrapped his arm around his fellow vocalist’s lower back. He really appreciated that his hyung would give up a free afternoon to accompany him. It helped relax the atmosphere in the training studio a bit. Tae was always getting into trouble for daydreaming and goofing off but it helped alleviate the younger boy’s stress.

    Once they returned Tae curled up on the couch with Yoongi before the older boy left to get to work and JongKook laid his homework out on the table so that he could ask Jin for help. The oldest hyung sat at the table next to him and then heaved a sigh when he saw the math portion. “You really should ask NamJoon about this. Kookie’s eyes got wide and he shook his head almost too much.

    “Hyung is too busy. I can’t bother him.” He told the older boy while hurrying through a few problems. In all actuality, he was too nervous to ask. Images of NamJoon’s face being close to his, of the older boy’s gentle helping hand, nearly floored the kid and he immediately dropped his face into his book to avoid Jin… or Yoongi seeing his red cheeks. The redhead glanced over his shoulder at them, but was too busy patting the sleeping TaeHyung’s back to get up yet. Kookie took in a deep breath and calmed himself down before asking Jin how to do a problem. Jin helped as best as he could but Yoongi or NamJoon would definitely be better with this. Finally it was time for the two of them to leave. Yoongi and NamJoon left every night to work on music in the studio because the kids were too loud and clingy during the day. Just before they left Yoongi mentioned to NamJoon to look over their magnae’s homework so far, so the leader did. Yoongi was older afterall. The kid swallowed his nervousness as their leader leaned over him to look over the page and explain his mistakes here and there. He remembered how smart their leader was, as if being beautiful wasn’t enough. The young man’s profile was too handsome for the kid to look at so he stared at the page and took in his leader’s warmth and scent again, hoping his embarrassment was hidden well enough.

 

    This would go on for months and years.