CHAPTER 3

A flying Tteokbokki's love story
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 3:

Soon Friday came!! Jackson was really happy! Who wouldn’t? I mean it’s the end of the week.
He left his house full of energy that couldn’t be hidden.
Not only because it was Friday, but he had finally met Jihye and everything were working out smoothly.
He was considering for asking her out. He could always ask Mark’s opinion. After all he was his best friend and he knew him better than anyone which meant that he could be a great help.

When he arrived in the university he didn’t wait for Mark he simply walked into the class and sat down in some random place he found suitable for him.

 He fished out his phone and played with it for a while until Mark got there.

“Good morning man!” Said Jackson while giving Mark a brofist.

Mark looked at him weirdly. Jackson was way too happy.

“Okay what’s wrong?” Was Mark’s first words.

“Nothing. Can I be happy for no reason?” Jackson answered the obvious.

“No, you have to have a reason to be this happy.” Mark said while trying to make some sense from all of this.

“Okay.” Jackson said simple and soon continued. “Listen, I was wondering for a while if I should…” He stopped and smiled like an idiot.
“If you should what?” Mark questioned with a teasing tone.

“If I” Jackson continued. “Should ask Jihye out.” He said with one breath, totally nervous and with flushed cheeks.
If he was this nervous to even talk about it with Mark, how could he suggest it to Jihye?

Mark smiled with Jackson’s shyness.

“Its easy man just be your self. I know that you can do it, plus I think she has the hots for you too, judging from the fact that she smiled as soon as she spotted you.” Mark said with a serious yet soft tone.
Jackson head was up as soon as he listened to Mark’s words.

“Really?” Jackson said with a smile.

“Well see for your self.” Mark said teasingly.

And Jackson did. What greeted him was the most beautiful sight. She was standing there with her smile and she was like an angel.
As soon as she realized that Jackson saw her she waved happily and walked toward him.

Jackson felt nervous.
Okay man you can do it! He said to him self. Play it cool, ok? Play it cool!! 

“Good morning.” She greeted softly.
Jackson didn’t say anything; he just smiled like an idiot.

“May I sit here, or is this seat taken?”  She asked again with the same calming tone.
Jackson just stared at her not saying anything, until he felt a small hit on his left side and that was enough to pull him out of his thoughts.

“Ah yes.” He said with a harsh voice like he hadn’t talk for a long time. “You may sit here no problem.” He cleared his voice and turned to Mark whom tried to hide a smile.

Jackson felt embarrassed. Way to go Jackson way to go. He said to him self.

Soon their attention was turned toward the lesson and the awkward moment was long forgotten, or so they thought.

Jackson couldn’t stop thinking about how to ask Jihye out. There was no way he could walk up to her and be like; do you want to go out with me? No that would be terrible not to mention she would decline, because she would thing he was a player.

Something he was not.

He had never dated before in his life, that’s why he was so nervous. He didn’t have the confidence to ask her out, he didn’t know what to say. Do you just walk to her and say “hey are you free this Saturday?” or what?
He ruffled his hair, while his mouth let out a frustrated sigh. It was really difficult and the fact that she was looking at him with such a cute expression didn’t help his thinking at all.
He decided to push back that question for a while he needed to focus on his class.

Two and a half hours later the class was half empty. But Jackson was still there putting his things in the bag slowly, to buy him shelf some time and slow Jihye up, because she was waiting for him to walk out form class together. You may say that they were talking a lot more since that Monday.
“Um…” Jackson started.

Jihye turned to look at him.

“Yes” She answered simply.

“I was wondering.” He continued with a more confidence this time. “If you wanted to go out with me.” He finished a bit too quickly for his liking but soon added. “If you want that is…” He said again, only this time he looked at her with hopeful eyes.

Jihye was taken aback. It wasn’t like she didn’t know what to answer it was more like her dream was coming true. She was crushing on Jackson since the moment she saw him and he was totally her type.
Jackson from the other side, mistook her quietness for a denial and he was about to tell her that she didn’t have to pressure her self.
“I would love to.” Was Jihye’s answer and she was feeling her cheeks on fire.

Jackson broke out a smile a really attractive one.
“Great! How about tonight?” He asked really excited this time.

Jihye smiled. Well it was Friday night and she didn’t have any plans, so why not go out with Jackson.
“Sure.” Was her simple answer.

“Perfect.” Jackson answered and was about to turn around, but stopped.

Jihye looked at him weirdly.

“So you know, it wi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter