CHAPTER 1

A flying Tteokbokki's love story
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 1:

Everything was quiet that specific morning inside Jihye’s apartment. You could hear the neighbors that had woken up early this morning or the mother that was shouting to her kid to wait for her in the hall. And still Jihye was sleeping without a care about what was going on in the world.

Another hour passed in silence. Soon that silence was broken from her alarm that started doing all those annoying bip -bip sounds. Jihye opened her eyes and looked around finally realizing that morning came and she had to wake up to go to university. She opened her eyes while searching for the small device that was making all that annoying noise first thing in the morning.

“Ugh… Shut up” she said groggily with her morning voice.

Finally the bip-bip stopped.

Sigh… Silence returned to the apartment once again.

5 more minutes she said to her shelf and she closed her eyes once more.

What a bad decision did she take. The next time she woke up was when her phone was ringing.

She opened her eyes and looked around.  She stood up and searched for her phone.

She finally found it lying next to her in the pillow. She picked it up and heard her best friend’s voice from the other side.

“Good morning sunshine! Are you ready? Where am I supposed to wait for you inside or outside university? Oh, oh how about the café shop right across the road?”  

Jihye rubbed her eyes. “Wait Mina!” She said with a sleepy voice. “One question at the time! I’m not ready yet. Actually I just woke up.” She said and looked in the clock to see what time it was. Her digital clocked showed 8:35.

WHAT?!? She overslept it was her first day and she overslept.

“What? You just woke up?” She heard Mina half screaming. She couldn’t blame her though. She made a medal note that the next time she is going to wake-up as soon as she hears her alarm.

“Well yeah …I fell asleep late yesterday night, but don’t worry wait for me in that small café across the road ok?”  She said with a sheepish smile and a reassuring voice at the same time so her friend won’t doubt her.

While they were talking Jihye was already out of her bed and she went to the bathroom to wash up.

“Ok. You better hurry up missy; we can’t be late on our first day.”  She heard Mina’s cheerful voice from the other side. Well someone was indeed happy about today.

She ended the call with Mina and headed to the bathroom to get ready.

She loved her apartment. She finally moved out from her parent’s house and came to live alone without her parents in a small apartment, but still it was a cute apartment. Well she promised that she would visit every weekend. It wasn’t like they lived far away from each other! She only had to take the bus and it was a 20 minute ride to go back home. She didn’t miss her parents much. Well judging from the fact that she would visit them every weekend and they talked to the phone every day it made their distance to become non existence. Plus she also lived in Seoul and she had her best friend near her house, which was great.

Her apartment wasn’t that small it had a pretty big living room that she decorated on her own with a sofa, some drawings here and there a coffee table, let’s not forget the television where she could watch her favorite dramas and of course the bookshelf where she kept all of her favorite books! If you turn a bit to the right you would see the kitchen. Well her kitchen was small, but it was fine she didn’t cook so it wasn’t like she used it that much anyway.

If you walked toward the end of the hall you would see her bedroom. That room was her favorite place. It was big and she bought the bed with her own money from her summer part time job. It was a king size bed and next to it was her desk and her wardrobe. She did own a lot of stuff anyway and her friends used to make fun of her saying that one day she would have to live outside of her house due to the massive amounts of clothes and make-up. Last but not least we have the bathroom, where she was right now fixing her natural make-up before heading outside. It had enough space to do her activities like a normal person!

By 8:46 Jihye was ready to head to university. She went outside to catch the bus. Even though she lived only 20 minutes away from university judging from the fact that she woke up late it was best to take the bus.

By, 8:57 she went outside of the bus and headed toward the café where she was supposed to meet Mina. While she was walking she saw a bunch of guys screaming at each other.

Show off she thought to her shelf. She tried to ignore them and as she was about to cross the road one of the guys she tried to avoid pushed her to the side. She thought he was going to apologize, but it seemed like he didn’t realize he pushed her! She sighed it wasn’t like she would like to start any argument first thing in the morning.

As soon as the sigh left she heard a voice from behind her shouting.
“Hey!” It belonged to a guy. And damn girl he sounded y (?)

She turned around because she thought he talked to her. The guy didn’t seem to care much about her and had his eyes fixed to the guy from before. She thought he was a fri

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter