Chapter 4

Invisible

Kris groaned and slowly stood. Dusting himself off, he walked over to Tao who had fallen off the bench and onto the ground from crying so much. Kris slowly sank to his knees in the patch of dirt next to the crying boy and gently touched his shoulder. Kris jumped when he saw that Tao hugged him around his stomach. Kris gradually hugged back and patted his hair.

“It’s ok Tao she's gone now, she's now going to hurt you anymore” he felt Tao grip the back of his sweatshirt

“I promise” 

Kris wished he hadn’t said that 

“She’s not going to hurt you any longer” 

eventually Tao stopped crying and pulled away. Sighing at the loss of warmth around his waist Kris stood up brushing the dust off his pants again. Tao stood and wordlessly rubbed his eyes with the back of his hand and sniffed. 

Kris grabbed his wrist and gently lead him across the yard. Dragging Tao through dead leaves, Kris pushed past dead bushes and stepped over a dirt path, walking across the only patch of grass on the property. Kris began slowing down as the grass stopped at a line as straight as a stripper pole. Kris ignored this and continued when the dirt turned into a hill which lead into a small forest; pushing aside green bushes and stepping over mud, he dragged Tao up the other side of the hill which was where Kris stopped.

They could feel the wind on their faces sweeping in from the east. Kris watched as Tao let go of Kris’ hand as if trying to imagine the view from where they stood.

Kris watched his back with each step Tao took it looked like as if he was floating, walking toward some unseen destination, he looked unhuman; a god almost with the way the sun shone in front of him. Kris could marvel at the way his hair flew in the wind and how his--- Kris was quickly pulled out of his thoughts and ran forward, quickly curling his hand around Tao’s wrist 

“If you take one more step you’re going to fall off the cliff” 

“What does it look like ?” Kris paused and stared out at the view in front of him 

“It’s bright and cold. Imagine being happy and sad at the same time, because you’re thinking about your past and you want to reverse the clock so you can.” 

Kris gulped trying to hold back his own tears. Tao pulled his hand out of Kris’ hold and lightly rested it on Kris’ shoulder. 

“Sit” he commanded 

Kris sat in the dirt and watched as Tao followed him, his hand still on his shoulder, he sat across from Kris his eyes, staring holes into him. Carefully he lifted his hands in front of Kris’ chest 

“Your face?” he questioned

Kris smiled 

“No, I wish I was that short” he guided Tao’s hands in front of his face 

“May I ?” Tao asked and Kris nodded and waited then he shook his head 

“Y-Yeah!” he half yelled, Tao smiled

“You nodded didn’t you?” 

“Maybe” 

Tao laughed lightly and Kris made a promise to himself to keep his friend smiling.

Tao’s hands leaned forward as Kris closed his eyes; he could feel Tao touching his face, running his hands over the fresh scabs, feeling where his eyes where he could feel Tao run his hand through his hair and down the back of his neck, he felt Tao tracing underneath his chin, he could feel Tao trying to memorize every line on Kris’ face. 

Suddenly, Tao let his hands glide over the side of Kris’ neck back to his shoulder. Kris opened his eyes thinking Tao was done. When Tao gently ran the palm of his hand over Kris’ collarbone. 

Kris flinched lightly hoping tao wouldn’t notice, But of course, he did. 

“What happened?” Kris questioned

“There's pain on your face to.” 

Kris blinked then realized he was talking about the scabs. Kris grabbed Tao’s hand with both of his 

“Let’s just say that we’re not that different, you and I. Our parents…” Kris drifted off 

“Aren't the best” 

he watched as Tao shifted his gaze downwards toward the dirt 

“What happened?” he repeated 

Kris sighed switching his gaze toward the view. He could feel the breeze on his face and he closed his eyes,

“My father” Kris started but before he could stop he realized tears were streaming down his face.

“You don’t have to tell me.”Tao said after Kris cleared his throat, 

“ No, someone should know” Tao sat silent listening, remembering the words that he said to Kris

“My mother died in a car crash. My father was drunk, we tried to stop him from driving but it was no use, we went on a bridge and he swerved to avoid a car that cut him off, he hit the rail I tried to to turn the car back on the road but as the car was going over my mom jumped out of the car and she died from the fall.--- they never found her body.”   

Kris felt a cold hand wipe away a tear from his face. Kris looked back to Tao and scoffed. 

“Look at us two sad and depressed people with adult issues sitting on a cliff talking about life.” 

Kris leaned back and connected his back with the dirt, he then quickly sat back up and gently pushed Tao down next to him 

“So not my style.” He muttered 

Staring up at the blue sky Kris could feel the dampness of the dirt soaking into his shirt but he didn’t mind. Kris closed his eyes as he felt the wind passing over his face. Kris felt like he could stay here forever, however forever was a long time, too much time, time that Kris doesn’t have. Kris was brought out his thoughts when he heard someone yell

“There they are!” 

Kris shot up, opening his eyes he turned and saw two figures running toward them. Kris grabbed Tao’s wrist 

“Time to go!” He shouted 

Together they ran through the dirt and through the forest, Kris could hear the figures chasing them. He didn’t need to look back to see who they were. Kris ran down a rocky hill, dragging Tao behind him toward a creek. They reached the bottom and Kris sat with his back to a bush; pulling Tao in front of him, he hugged him into his chest, tucking Tao’s head into his neck. 

“Stay silent.” Kris muttered

“Kind of hard to when you’re crouching on a wobbly rock.” Tao whispered back. Kris smiled. 

“Hold on.” He gently lifted Tao and set him down on the other side of the rock. 

“Better?” 

“Much,thanks.”

They stayed in silence for a while; Tao facing Kris, waiting,for the two figures to pass by them. They could hear the wind rustling through the trees and the rushing of the creek. 

“Why are we hiding?” Tao asked. Kris sighed 

“Um. My doctor and your mother found us, they started chasing us.” 

“And we ran?”

Tao looked startled, hurt, but most of all confused. Kris knew why. Tao still believed his mother was a good person trying to help him. Kris knew that feeling, when his father told him he was useless, that his mother’s death was his fault, Kris believed him. Just like Tao believes his mom. 

“Tao” Kris started cautiously 

“We ran because those people who came after us are here to hurt you and, and I promised you I wouldn’t let you get hurt.” Tao nodded 

“Are they gone?” 

“I haven’t seen them come by yet so I’m guessing-- wait get down.” 

Kris engulfed Tao in a hug trying to make themselves invisible behind the bush. Kris closed his eyes and held his breath. 

That’s when it all went down hill. 

Immediately he opened his eyes and and Kris’ chest constricted so badly that he couldn’t breath. He let go of Tao and fell backwards into the creek with a loud splash. There were shouts of ‘there they are’ and ‘get them’ and ‘Tao.’

Tao could no longer feel Kris’ arms wrapped around him and he began to panic 

“Kris” he whimpered

“Kris?” He called again trying to make his way down to where he could hear splashing. His arms made contact with flailing wet arms. 

“Kris!” He asked again his voice raising 

When he felt hands grip his sleeves he knew it was him. 

“What is it what do you need?” 

Tao could only make out the words ‘can’t, breath, pills, pocket” 

He dove into Kirs’ jacket pocket 

“Inside” Kris rasped 

Tao reached inside Kris’ pocket to find nothing there. He shook his head. 

“Nothing.” He said 

To his surprise he felt wet arms wrap around his neck. 

“Then promise me this.” Kris took a huge gulp of air. 

“Move on from me. I don’t want to be the only thing you find happiness in. And just remember.” He whispered the rest into Tao’s ear and Tao felt Kris being pulled out of his grasp. 

“Help!” Tao yelled 

“You can’t do this to him! He needs help. You’re not going to help him you're only going to take him away and hurt him more!” 

Tao could feel someone lifting him up by the arms. He squirmed to try and get out of their grasp, but as soon as he felt nails dig into his arm he stopped knowing it was useless. 

“Please, no.” 

Tao mumbled before he slipped into unconsciousness.  

 


A/n 

Hey its me again. It's been a while, sorry about that. Anyway heres the next chapter I hope you all like it :) 

Also 33 subs and an upvote AHH I LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH *hugs* 

And has anyone heard BTS's fire yet because DAMN!! 

So anyway enjoy !

Feel free to leave comments and upvote it will mean a lot and i will probably do a happy dance just for you :)

-Ring-Ding-Dong