Chapter 5

Miracle in December

The house was always the same. Mom never wanted to change the interior and so did I. We left everything in their own place, except the old study room beside the master bedroom which was empty now. we wanted to decorate it later for our baby.

I placed the suitcases inside our bedroom. Jinah was behind me and still busy looking around the house.

"Get some rest, Jinah." I reached foor her hand and asked her to sit down in the end of the bed, beside me. "Do you want to change anything? I mean, if you want to change some stuff or even redecorate everything, I'll help you."

“No, I want it as it is.” Her eyes stopped wandering around and facing me now. “Thank you, Kris.”

I smiled at her. I couldn’t explain how happy I was.

“There will be a maid who will come here every day at 9 to help us to clean the house and she leaves after 3. Is that okay with you?” I her hands.

“Do you have to use the maid? I can manage it myself.” I looked at her frowned face.

“I don’t want you to tire yourself. You have work, even though honestly I want you to stay at home, and you have to protect our baby too, right? I just allow you to do something in the kitchen. I mean, I want you to cook for me.” I looked at her eyes to make sure that she is fine with my request. She smiled again.

“You are spoiling me, Kris.” her hand reached out and caressed my cheek. “Thank you.”

I rolled my eyes. “Stop the ‘thank you’ things. I have no intension to stop spoiling you anyway.”

She chuckled. “You will not understand how thankful I am toward you. My words will never be enough to describe it.”

I smirked. “You want to pay it with another thing?”

She looked surprised. Her eyes widen and she slapped my arm lightly. “What’s with the smirk? You scared me!”

I laughed watching my wife. “A simple sincere ‘I love you’ will do, Mrs. Wu.”

“IloveyouYifan.” She said that sacred sentence fast. Then she went outside. I was still in a daze when I heard her voice calling me to come back to earth. “What do you want for dinner?”

I blinked my eyes. “Ji…Jinah, what did you say just now?” I walked closer to her.

“What do you want for dinner, Mr. Wu?” She was avoiding me, walking to the kitchen.

“Not that one, the sentence before it.” I stopped behind her who was busy choosing some ingredients from the fridge.

She turned around and cupped my face. “Listen. I won’t repeat it again.” I nodded. “I love you, Yifan.”

I smiled in a perfect peace. “I love you more, Jinah.” I pecked her lips before she set her hands free from my face. She blushed.

“Did I tell you that you look cute when you blush?” I leaned toward the kitchen island beside me, teasing her.

“Stop it, Kris.” She took out some vegetables and meat. “Pasta and salad, is that fine?”

I still wear my best grin and nodded.

“Creepy!” She rolled her eyes. “Should we invite the boys and Yura?”

Oh right, Yura. Jinah and that girl knew each other since senior high school and they even went to the college together, chose the same department and courses. And even now, they worked together as pediatricians. They both love children. Sometimes I wonder whether they were working or just playing around with the kids.

“Aren’t you tired of them? Do you want them to tease you until you turn extremely red?” I simply didn’t want them to ruin our moment.

“Right! Forget it.” She tried to focus again in her cooking plan. She grabbed the tomatoes and washed it in the sink.

“Can I help you with something?” I looked around her.

“Just sit down there, watch some random show or movie.” It sounded like a command for me.

“Are you sure? I am good enough with cooking.” I raised my eyebrows.

She smiled and nodded. “Just go!” Then she turned around, did her unfinished business with the tomatoes.

I kissed her temple before moved to the sofa in front of the big screen. I tried to find a good show, but I found nothing. I looked at my busy wife again and decide to watch her from here. This was indeed the perfect fairy tale that I wanted.

The night fell deeper when we finished with the dinner and the long conversation about nothing. I helped her with the dishes since she did perfectly amazing in her coking before.

“Take some rest Jinah,” I looked at her while my hands were still busy with the plates.

“You didn’t let me touch the dishes but I want to wait you here.” She jumped and sat down in the kitchen island beside me.

I widened my eyes, surprised with her move. I let down the plate and grab her arm. “GOD! JINAH! You’re pregnant!” I shouted at her.

She looked surprised too because of my voice.

She looked down. “I am sorry.” She looked so guilty for making me worried over her.

Sigh. I looked at her and held her hands. “I am sorry. I just … I don’t want you to get hurt.” I hugged her tight. She was crying silently. I patted her back. “It’s okay. I am so sorry Jinah, I am sorry.”

It took a while to calm her. It was my false actually, but I never thought that she would cry. “I’ll finish this first. Wait here and don’t make a dangerous move.” I kissed her forehead after she nodded toward my command.

It was 11 when we reached the bedroom. The room was quite big with a king sized bed in between two nightstands. I didn’t know why, but it felt so awkward. I stood up near the end of the bed while Jinah sat down in the edge of the bed and looked at me with her red eyes.

“Sleep now, Jinah.” I told her, with the uncontrollable heartbeats in my chest.

She nodded and laid down in the right side of the bed. “You will sleep here too right?” She asked. “I need you here, Kris.”

I was taken aback by her request but I was happy of course. It’s not our first time together in a bed, but yeah,,, I was still nervous while she looked so fine. God,,, this girl.

I walked to the other side of the bed and then lay down beside her. I turned my body to face her, and she was facing me.

I caressed her redden cheek and place the strand of her hair behind her ear. “Why did you cry? Did I scare you?”

She looked down. “I am sorry, Kris. I don’t know what happened to me but I think it’s because of my uncontrollable hormones. I will be more sensitive later. I can cry anytime over nothing. I am sorry.”

“Ssssttt…I told you to stop that right? It’s not a good habit, Jinah.” I held her right hand. “It’s fine actually. I am just surprised because you looked so scared because of my voice. I was just worried. I don’t want you to get hurt.”

“Thank you, Kris.” She smiled.

“How’s my baby doing today?” I started to talk to her growing tummy.

She used her free hand to touch it. “Baby is doing great today, Daddy. Baby listened well to Mommy and didn’t do anything bad.”

I smiled to her. “Be a good baby inside there; protect your Mom, because she loves you very much. And I do too. I do love you both. Let’s meet in five months, baby” I kissed Jinah’s tummy and then kiss her forehead. “Have a nice dream, sweety.”

 

***

The fifth chapter!!! Hope you enjoy the story guys...

Sorry if this chapter is short but I just want to keep it in track.

please anticipate the next update (I hope next week, or sooner.)

 

Lots of love,

Luloverdose