The Little Cinderella l Part 1

Drabbles & Ghosts - Falling For Mr. Bad Boy l Sunny x G-Dragon l Part 1 of 1

The Little Cinderella l Sunny x Chanyeol l Part 1

Words: 1422

 

Sunny was about to explode right now. Literally. Explode. Scream at his face and stomp him into the curb. Watch as blood flooded down his face and smiled. 

 

She was running late as it was, and did not need the help of this pretty boy to ruin her day any longer. Up until now, it had been smooth sailing for her (as smooth as it could be being slaved to a rotten-to-the-core step mother and her two supposed step sisters). She felt the biting regret of having turned the corner too quick and slamming smack dap into his chest, his hard and defined chest -- a certain Park Chanyeol chest as he introduced himself to her with a stupid smile. Gosh. People these days. 

 

Just the thought of the way his hand landed on her sent chills down her spine. Of all the other places to grab, it had to be her hand. Sunny could see coincidence from a mile away, and that was definitely not one of them. ert! The worst of it, though, came when she took as little as two steps. Her frickin' plastic bag decided to rip and spill everything out for the world to see. Great. Just her luck. And there he was again, right beside her with that stupid smile. That stupid, goofy smile. He had picked up her groceries with the slowness of a dying tortoise and then said -- charming and sweet -- "I'll help you with these." The mere thought of it made her want to tear her hair out from its roots.

 

The. Nerve.

 

It was his damn fault to begin with! Now, here they were, in front of a well-known cosmetic store in Korea -- probably the single most popular one, Sunny thought. To her amusement, not, the line was larger than Chanyeol's stupid grin. "Thanks," Sunny snarled and then said, in a hushed whisper -- practically ghost-quiet -- "For nothing." She lined up behind a couple of school girls that looked almost too young to be here, placed her bags down and stood there and waited. Her eyes, dark brown eyes, moved about the crowd, and she guessed that it would be another thirty minutes before she could get in. But then then wandered over and met Chanyeol's -- that stupid jerk -- and she rolled her eyes. "You can leave the bags here and go now." 

 

Then he does his stupid smile again. "But I haven't gotten your name yet." He got in right up close to her, shoulders touching as his arms took the weight of the shopping bags. "Plus, shouldn't you be thanking me for carrying these for you?"

 

Sunny's face turned beet root red. She fumed and then huffed and puffed. The. Nerve. "You!" She tried to hold it in. The anger swelled. Dark clouds hung over here eyes, and then it all erupted, spilling out like a volcano. "THIS IS ALL YOUR FAULT!" She screamed at him, at the top of her lungs, not caring that eyes were drawn to her almost instantaneously. "If you hadn't knocked me over and made my bags ripped I wouldn't have to be waiting in this stupid line!" Her chest heaved and her body rocked. She felt better instantly. "Now go away!" 

 

Chanyeol's feet was root into the concrete and every fiber of his skin went cold. The stupid grin disappeared out of sight and he mumbled a brief apology. He put the groceries onto the floor beside Sunny's feet and shifted into the crowd and, looking over his shoulders to meet her eyes once more, disappeared from view soon after.

 

Sunny took a final deep breath and went back to waiting. At once she softened her expression, and guilt ate her up from the inside. Looking back, it was her fault for rushing in the first place. She wasn't looking where she was going, if she recalled correctly. It was most definitely not his fault that the bag ripped. He even helped her out by carrying them all here! Gosh. And then she yelled at him in front of everyone. Sunny realized she should not have done any of that. 

 

"Do you think that was her boyfriend?" Sunny suddenly heard someone in front of her say -- it was one of the school girls. She caught a glimpse of a blonde head turn to look at her before snapping back around. 

 

"Nah. Definitely not. He looked way too good for her." 

 

Then there was giggling. "She's ugly as hell. No way she has a boyfriend in that shabby get-up."

 

Sunny's foot moved uncomfortably, awkwardly around. She traced a line with the tip of her Converse, her worn-out Converse that was now more dirt black than white. She does not remember the last time she had even cleaned them. Then her eyes caught the window mirror a spitting image of her. Her black hair -- tied into a single pony tail -- had split ends on top of split ends, she wore no makeup and there were dark bags under her eyes, her flannel was black and white and red and pink, and severely outdated. The only thing that was remotely nice was the pair of jeans she wore, a hand-me-down from one of her step sisters who had dropped a size.

 

Just as she was about to sink into depression and leave, making up a lie about how the store ran out, a voice popped up beside her.

 

"Hey." It was Chanyeol and his stupid smile, and it looked like he brought himself a fistful of plastic bags. "I'm sorry I made your bags rip so I got you some more." Then somehow his smile got wider than it already was -- how was that even possible? He gathered the groceries on the floor and began sorting them out into bags. 

 

"T-thanks..." Sunny mumbled and bent down to help. "I guess."

 

"Here, I'll carry these." Chanyeol took her bags and smiled at her -- that same stupid smile -- and it contagious. For the first time today, Sunny smiled. "Wow," he exclaimed, breathlessly, "you should smile more often."

 

Her smile dropped and disappeared from her face. The pissed off expression she had worn took its place. Then, she threw a kick, threw it as hard as she could, and it caught him, dead on, in the shin, and Chanyeol sank, hopped and yelped like an injured puppy all at once. But he seemed to be enjoying himself from the smile that never left his lips. As the pain drifted away, he said, "Hey, come with me." And before Sunny could concentrate long enough to say no, he was dragging her up the line like no tomorrow -- much to the angry looks from everyone. 

 

There was a large secuity man, dressed in a dark suit, standing in front of a crimson rope. He had an indifferent expression on his face, and Sunny knew right away that they weren't getting in. "What are you doing?!" She hissed at him, trying to break free from his grip. 

 

Chanyeol threw a smile over his shoulder and charged. The man made a move, and Sunny winced. "Stop!" But to her surprise, his hands went for the rope and they were ushered inside. Sunny stood there, momentarily stunned. "W-wha-- " When he thoughts returned to her, she caught a large signage of the limited edition cosmetics that she came for. Without a second thought, she rushed off; she shoved against the other women to get to the nearest shelf and -- finding that it's empty -- shoved her way to the next one. 

 

 

"Excuse me!" She cried to the nearest sales assistant. "Excuse me." The sales assistant walked passed her without as much as a glance. "Excuse me!" she said as another one passed by her, looking ahead as if she did not existed. "Excuse..." She began to trail off. 

 

A Louis Vuitton handbag. Then Gucci loafers. There was a Saint Laurent purse. That man wore an Armani suit. Ah. There was a Rolex watch. And Prada. And Thom Browne. And Alexander McQueen. And. And... 

 

And she wore second hands...

 

A finger snapped beside her ear and she looked up. It was Chanyeol. His face was no longer full of smiles. He wore a mask that she could not read. A mask that made her feel scared. He looked a little annoyed, somewhat angry, and a third pissed. A sales assistant was with him within a second. "My friend here," he began, his voice was thick and heavy -- no longer sweet and charming -- "She needs some assistant."

 

"Y-Yes, right away, Sir."

 

To be continued...

 

End.

 

Title: The Little Cinderella

Genre: RomCom

Characters: Sunny, Seohyun, Yoona, Boa, Chanyeol

Plot: Like Cincerella with a twist

By: sophialovexiumin

Comment: How was it? Let me know what you think of this one please, readers :) Some parts sounded a bit stiff so any critizism is appreciated!