Chapter 23

Leaving before we've loved
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Closing the door Da In felt numb.

 

Her mind was blank .

 

 Empty .

 

Pressing for ground level She watched Kikwang's door disappear as the lift doors closed .

 

Her luggage felt ten times heavier as she dragged it out of the building . She resisted the urge to take a last glance at his apartment building , knowing If she did she would have burst into tears .

 

Bye bye Kikwang .

 

--------------

 

Retrieving her suitcase , Da In thanked the driver and entered her apartment building .

 

 looks like I'm back here.

 

Arriving on the fifteenth floor where her apartment was located , she pushed up the cover of her electronic lock and punched in the passcode before pushing down the handle.

 

Eh why isn't it working ? 

 

After a few more failed attempts Da In was about to give up.

 

Suddenly it hit her , she was had entered Kikwang's passcode not her own.

 

After thinking for a few moments Da In  punched in the correct code .

 

The door finally whizzed open.

 

The apartment was cold , dark and empty . It was void of life .

 

The grim environment dampened her mood even more .

 

Lugging the heavy suitcase to her bedroom , she wished that someone would be there to help her .

 

Her room was untouched , everything was the way she left it .

 

The maids still came to clean once in a while, thankfully there wasn't a thick layer of dust . 

 

Placing down my handbag . Da in stared at the pair of high heels. The goodbye gift from Kikwang .

 

Kikwang had remembered me staring at them . What a sweetie .

 

Looks like I won't been seeing him again…ever...

 

That moment , she snapped .

 

Tears streamed down her face as loud sobs echoing throughout the house .

 

The house was empty . Too empty .

 

Feeling slightly weak from the emotional draining day , her knees gave way causing her continue crying on the floor .

 

She continued crying as she hugged her knees .Tears flowed down her cheeks staining her jeans dark blue. 

 

She rested her head against the wall as she gasped for air between sobs .

 

Is it even possible to be that attached to someone that I've known for less than a year? 

 

It's been barely an hour . And I miss him .

 

 A lot .

 

Regret seeped through her veins as She recalled every time I told him to get lost .

 

Every argument replayed through her head .

 

Da ins mascara dripped down her cheeks as her sobs worsened .

 

Her hands stained black as She wiped away her tears . I must look like a mess .

 

Suddenly her sobs came to a halt, something was missing . 

 

I lost something . 

 

Oh yeah . My heart .

 

Lee Kikwang . 

 

You idiot.

 

---------

 

She entered the car not looking back .

 

What was I even expecting?? 

 

Sighing Kikwang entered his now empty bedroom . The usual feminine mess was now gone .

 

Taking a seat on the bed his thoughts unconsciously drifted to Da In.

 

 

Her smile 

 

Her laugh

 

Her perfect features

 

Her witty comebacks 

 

He missed everything 

 

A few more tears traced his face as the thoughts of her consumed him.

 

Standing up Kikwang stepped into the walk in wardrobe.

 

It was half empty.

 

Or optimists would say half full.

 

He had never been particularly optimistic.

 

Her clothes were gone.

 

Staring at his side of the wardrobe , his eyebrows furrowed. In the middle of his folded dress shirts was a black box

 

His eyebrows arched in curiosity. 

 

Picking it up , Kikwang opened it to reveal a pair of unique looking cuff links .

 

Under the box was a pink envelope .

 

Opening the flap , He took out the pink paper as the scent of her cherry blossom perfume filled his nostrils .

 

Kikwang ah ,

 

Thank you for taking care of me ! I prepared this surprise for you. I also Organised your clothes into sets for you to chose from . Hehe. I hope you like the cuff links ! They're designed by a local designer . You better use them ! I really want to thank you for everything ! I hope you will find the love of your life ( I pity her or him. Whichever way you swing ) after I've gotten out of your way ! 

 

Thanks again ! 

 

Da In

 

Love of my life ?

 

 She already left .

 

He thought to himself sighing .

 

Running his hand along the clothes rack he Looked through the sets she had put together.

 

That moment He wished he had the guts to tell her that's she's always on his mind .

 

That the only reason He'd been smiling these days was because of her .

 

I guess this is how my first love is ending .

 

 

Goodbye Da In .

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

------------------------

1 month later 

 

"What about you ? "

 

Da In whipped her head up to look at the man sitting across her .

 

"Sorry ? "

 

She replied with a tight smile .

 

"I was wondering if you enjoy movies ."

 

"Yeah I do especially horror ones ."

 

She "enthusiastically" replied .

 

The man grinned before commenting that he was a huge fan of horror films too.

 

"We should watch one together sometime ."

 

He suggested .

 

"Sure ."

 

Da In answered with stiff smile .

 

One month after leaving Kikwang's house ( and life ), Da In was forced on numerous blind dates .

 

All of which were utter disasters .

 

The first one was so arrogant even Gaston would have been appalled .

The second one was so quiet , he probably owned a library

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter