Chapter 20

Leaving before we've loved
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"KIKWANG!!!!!"

 

Kikwang shot up in bed at the scream.

 

"KIKWANG HELP ME !!"

 

Throwing the covers off , Kikwang jumped out of bed and done the stairs .

 

"What what ? What happened ? "

 

He asked panicking as he spotted Da In squatting on the couch.

 

"There was a lizard and it's so disgusting , and it's not going away !"

 

"Wait… a lizard ? I thought you were getting murdered but it was just a lizard ?"

 

Kikwang groaned as he processed the situation .

 

"I ALMOST DIED !!! "

 

She screamed motioning for him to come closer .

 

"You're telling me . The great Kim Da In who is not scared of freaking flying roaches , spiders and 360 degree rollercoasters is scared of a harmless lizard ? "

 

He commented burying his face in his hands.

 

She nodded urgently .

 

"YES! Now carry me to the room . I'm not walking on the same floor as that thing ."

 

"Are you serious ? "

 

"Do I look like I'm joking ?"

 

She questioned with an eyebrow raised. Kikwang remained unmoving . Da in rolled her eyes .

 

" if you don't move , I'll jump on you ."

 

Sighing , Kikwang turned around backfacing her allowing her to hop onto his back .she wrapped her arms around his neck and legs around his waist . A sigh of relief escaped her lips.

 

"Why are you even scared of lizards ? "

 

He asked as he lugged her up the stairs .

 

"Their tails snap off and it still moves . It's off your body it's dead . It shouldn't be wriggling . "

 

She shuddered as they reached the top. Kikwang chuckled as he sat on the bed allowing her to get off his back .

 

"Thanks, you saved my life ."

 

Kikwang flicked her forehead.

 

"Just brush your teeth and sleep, it's already 12am . Go piggy ."

 

He commanded snuggling under the covers.

 

Yawning , Da In walked to the bathroom.

 

"Good night loser."

 

"Whatever piggy."

 

----------------------------

 

"Omma it's 3am what do you want ? "

 

Da in groaned into the phone .

 

"Omma speak clearly I can't hear you ."

 

"Da I-in its sang Min, his plane cra-ashed into the sea . Da in ah what am I going to do ? What about Yeontae ? My baby...."

 

Da in sat up at the news .

 

"Wait what happened to oppa ? "

 

Da in stuttered as the news sunk in .

 

"We are on the way to the air-rport . Min Hyuk and Jong Hyun are with us too. Come if you can . Yeo Tae doesn't know yet it's not good for the baby . I'm hanging up ."

 

Da in sat in bed as the monotonous beep rang in her ears.

 

My Brother , he's dead. He's gone . He died in a plane crash . What about his Wife and his baby?

 

Da in didn't cry . She was too shocked to cry . She was too sad to produce tears .

 

"I have to get to the airport .."

She mumbled to herself .

 

Shaking she got out of bed only to fall to her knees .

 

Hissing in pain she used the bed as support to stand up .

 

"Da In you okay ? "

 

Kikwang groaned as the thump woke him up.

 

"Where are you ?"

 He questioned realising her side of the bed was empty.

 

Suddenly he heard a few heart wrenching sobs .

 

"Da In ? "

 

He mumbled quickly getting out of bed and running to the broken girl .

 

Flicking on the bedside lamp he saw her on the ground her body shaking from her cries.

 

"Hey .. what happened ? "

He asked shocked as he sat next to the girl.

 

Cupping her face in his hands , he lifted her Chin to look up at him .

 

Tears streamed down her face dripping onto her pyjamas .

 

"M-my oppa . He-e's gone . He's dead!  his plane crashed .What am I gonna do ? my oppa..."

 

She revealed as her sobs grew louder .

 

"Wha-at ? "

 

Kikwang gasped before wrapping his arms around da in .

 

"Im so sorry ."

 

He whispered as he gave her a squeeze .

 

She shook her head .

 

"I need to get to the airport . I can't drive like this . Bring me there please ."

 

She stared into his eyes , hers were glistening with tears . Kikwang nodded as he helped her up .

 

"I'll grab your things and we can go okay."

 

He soothed her and wiped her tears with his thumbs .

 

Da in sat on the bed and continued crying.

Kikwang grabbed her purse , two jackets and changed into a pair of sweats .

 

Slinging the handbag over his shoulder , he guided Da In down the stairs and helped her into a pair of flats .

 

"Kikwang ah . My oppa must feel so cold in the water. He must be freezing ."

 

She mumbled .

 

Kikwang sighed as he buckled her into the passenger seat .

 

The only word to describe the crying girl was broken.

 

Kikwang hopped into the Drivers seat an

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter