Final

Found

Try listening to this while reading

 

 

 


 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


 

 

"Kris, are you sure you are going the right way?" Luhan shifted the strap of his bag pack uncertainly. He followed Kris as he watched him with uneasiness. He did not answer Luhan. 

 

"I think we are lost. How are we going to find everyone?" His voice quivered slightly in fear. Kris stayed silent. How was he supposed to tell Luhan openly that he forgot the way out of this cave? Luhan was already beginning to get worried. It was nearing twilight, and he did not want him to get worried anymore.

 

"Kris. Please speak." He did not stop and continued moving forward. He rushed forward to stop him. "Look, it’s okay to accept that you have forgotten the way." He studied his face, there was embarrassment all over it. "How about we rest for some time and then we will continue finding our way out?" He gave a reassuring smile and Kris nodded softly in acceptance. 

 

They managed to find a flat surface where they unrolled their sleeping bags. Both of them had come to this place with their friends on a backpacking trip in the forests. On their trekking course, the guys found a cave which they wanted to explore and hence went in. The rest wanted to join as well and were equally excited, therefore following them from behind. The beauty of the cave led Kris and Luhan deeper, without realizing that their friends were no longer behind them and had gone. And it was long after did they realize that they were lost in a cave. 

 

The awkwardness between the two became heavy as both of them were sitting far apart from each other, staring into the fire. 

 

"You should eat something." Kris finally said something. "You have not eaten in a long time." He spoke while rummaging through his bag for something to eat. 

 

"Then you should eat as well." Luhan spoke quietly after. 

 

"I am fine. You should eat." He politely declined the offer as he handed the bag of chips. "It's not enough, but better than nothing." Luhan took the packet of chips and quietly started eating. 

 

"Thank you." He slightly bowed his head in thanks. "You should eat as well though." He offered the packet to Kris. He shook his head but the other insisted. "Please take." He walked towards with bag and sat next to him.

 

"Are you cold?" Kris asked while taking a chip from the packet. 

 

"No not really. The fire is helping." There was silence. "How did you manage to find wood?" 

 

The sound of small droplets falling could be heard from a far. 

 

"I actually found them here." 

 

"Really? That means people have also stayed here. The cave must be safe then." Luhan quietly spoke as He was looking at the fire. 

 

"Yeah. I guess." He too turned to watch the fire. 

 

The cackling at the fire could be heard.

 

Their hands went to take another chip and their fingers met. The touch was...special. That simple touch made their fingers tremble. 

 

"I am sorry." They both softly spoke at the same time making them smile in unison. 

 

"Here, take first." Kris spoke handing the packet to the other. 

 

"No, you take first." He pushed the packet back towards him, looking at his face. 

 

It felt like time had stopped. The two were gazing into each other’s eyes, their faces lighting up slightly with the constant cackling of the fire. 

 

"Never did I think that I would see Luhan in such a different light. He is...an angel." 

 

"Why did I never notice Kris before?" 

 

Before both of them knew what was happening next, the two starting leaning forward gently pressing their lips against the others, making sure their place was felt deep inside the other's heart. The isolation had bought the two together in an unexplainable way which neither of them had expected. It wasn't desperation to find someone close but rather a realization that the two were in fact perfect for each other. The few words that they had spoken were no big deal, but there was definitely a spark between then which allowed both of them to have such mutual feelings for each other. 

 

The simplicity of the kiss of was broken when both of them heard echoes of their friends looking for them. Luhan turned to face Kris and saw his flushed face looking at him lovingly. Kris noticed him slightly messy hair and his eyes looking at him in admiration. 

 

Both of them did not want this moment to be broken so soon. He watched Luhan as he got up and started rolling his sleeping bag and setting his things up. How he wished that he talked to Luhan more openly. 

 

Luhan noticed Kris watching him, he felt his gaze following him. He bit his lip in regret. He wished that they have conversed more. He felt that there could be something more between them, something more than friends. 

 

"Luhan-yah!!!" He heard Minseok shout when he was found. "Thank god we found you." He ran towards Luhan and hugged him tightly. "I was so scared. We were all so scared." 

 

Luhan's eyes showed happiness of being found, but there was sadness when he looked towards Kris. 

 

"Hyung!" Kris turned around and saw Chanyeol coming towards him. "Hyung, why did you just stay behind? We were worried." He lightly punched Kris in the arm making Kris smile slightly. His eyes occasionally darted towards Luhan who was still talking to Minseok. And their eyes met.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Luhan, thank you for being in this cave with me."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Kris, I am glad I got to be with you this way."