Personal Goal

What are the odds?

Kyungsoo woke up feeling absolutely terrible. Yesterday was a not so good day. He had dealt with rude customers, bumped into someone, and lost his book. He was never this careless and he didn't just lose things randomly. At least he didn't have the morning shift, he kind of liked it though, but he didn't like the whole waking up early part.

He decided to spend the whole day tearing apart his room in search for the book. He might have brought it home and misplaced it somewhere. The odds were zero to one hundred, but he looked none the less. He looked around his completely destroyed room and decided to put everything back where it belonged. By the time he was finished it was already time for his afternoon shift, so he gathered his belongings and headed out. Maybe today would be a better day?

Chanyeol had a pretty busy day today. Even though he was supposed to have some free time, he still had to do various interviews. He was pretty tired, since he stayed up to read the book he brought home yesterday. That reminds him, he has to return it to him today. By the time he finished the interviews, the day was almost over. He checked his watch, it was almost nine in the night. He could make it in time if he drove, but the car was swarmed by fans and they couldn't get the car out fast enough. It took quite a while for him to convince his body guard to let him walk on foot, but he agreed none the less. He grabbed the book, put on some sunglasses, and he jumped out of the car.

“Meet me next to Suho's coffee house,” he told his bodyguard as his security team managed to give a clear spot to make a run for it, hope fully his fans didn't spot him.

He ran as fast as he could to make it in time, but as he checked his watch, he saw that it was already nine thirty, the coffee shop should be closed already, but he still made a run for it. He thought he heard a screaming crowd, but he excused it as paranoia. He continued to run and again he checked his watch, but like last time he didn't notice where he was going. He felt his body collide with another body and a hot liquid was poured all over him.

“You have got to be ting me!” he heard a familiar voice say. He looked down at the floor and saw that it was the man from yesterday.


 

Kyungsoo surprisingly had a pretty laid back day at work today. He dealt with no rude customers and his shift went by quickly. He couldn't wait to go home. All he had to deal with was Kai and Baekhyun's constant shrieks of excitement over that Chanyeol guy. Once his shift was over he quickly clocked out, grabbed a cup of coffee, and went outside. Baekhyun decided to go with Kai again to see if they could come across Chanyeol, which he rolled his eyes at. The chances of meeting him were pretty slim.

He made his way outside and decided to walk it slowly. He was in no rush today. It was proving to be a good day, but boy was he wrong. He was about to round the corner, when he suddenly felt something knock him backwards and his coffee spilled all over. It stung like a . He was about to murder whoever it was.

He looked up to confront the person, when he noticed it was the same goddamn giant from yesterday. He couldn't control his anger now.

“Have you made it your goal to me over?!” he shouted.

The giant man looked at him. “I-I'm sorry, I didn't see where you were and I—“

“Bull, this is the second time you've done this. And now look what you've done, i've spilled this stupid coffee all over me!” Chanyeol offered his hand, but was ignored by Kyungsoo who stood up by himself.

“I'm sorry, I was about to—“ he was cut off by Kyungsoo who noticed he was holding something in his hand.

“Is that my book?!” he said incredulously.

“Not only did you bump into me twice , but you also decided to steal my book!”

Now hold on a minute, Chanyeol could be a lot of things, but a stealer he was not.

“Hey now wait a minute. I was not stealing It. I was going to bring it back, which is why I'm here in the—“

“I don't believe you,” said Kyungsoo as he tried to reach for the book, but Chanyeol held it above his hands. This guy was really mean and short tempered.

“You are being really mean right now and I don't appreciate it,” he said.

“Well, I don't ing care,” was the others response. There it was again. He heard another round of screams, it wasn’t his imagination now. He turned over his shoulder and saw a hoard of fans headed his way.

“Hey are you listening to me?!” said Kyungsoo.

“Give me my—“ Kyungsoo was cut off by Chanyeol who covered his mouth with his hands and dragged him into an alley.

Kyungsoo mind went wild. The audacity of this guy. He kicked and tried to scream, but this guy was stronger than him. After a lot of struggling, he gave up and noticed a hoard of screaming people run past him.

If the guy pulled him in the alley, then the people might have been after him. Who was he anyway. After the coast was clear, Chanyeol finally let him go. Kyungsoo took this chance to rip off his sunglasses.

“Hey!” said Chanyeol as he tried to get back his glasses.

If Kyungsoo was mad then, he was pissed now. “Out of all the people, it’s you who I have to run into?” said Kyungsoo. Damn, that hurt Chanyeol’s pride.

“Hey I—”

“Shut up, just give me my book back,” he said as he still tried to reach for it, but Chanyeol was not going to let that happen.

“I can’t just let you leave, not when I ruined your shirt,” said Chanyeol as he pointed to Kyungsoo’s coffee stained shirt.

Kyungsoo huffed “Well then what the hell do you suppose we do?” he asked crossing his arms.

“Well my apartment is not that far away I can—”

“No.”
 

“But you haven’t even heard my proposal,” said Chanyeol.

“I don’t have to. The answers no.”

Chanyeol took a deep breath. “Look Kyungsoo—”

“How do you know my name?”

“It was on the front cover of the book,” he said. Kyungsoo was about to speak, but Chanyeol covered his mouth and earned himself a glare.

“Listen to what I have to say. My apartment is close by. I’ll let you have one of my shirts so you won't have to wear that one.”

“Yeah, no thanks,” he said sourly. Chanyeol wanted to scream. This guy was being way too stubborn.

“Why not?”

“Because I don't know you. You could be a .”

“What are you talking about? You know practically said you knew me. I'm Park Chanyeol, I'm a famous rapper.”

“No, what  you are is an arrogant . You're so full of yourself.”

Chanyeol really wanted to smack this guy in the head. Who knew a person could be this stubborn.

“That's not what I meant. I would be a pretty stupid if I were a and celebrity at the same time,” he said as he got back his glasses.

“Only rapists think that way,” said Kyungsoo. He could tell he was annoying him, but he didn't care.

“Okay you know what? I didn't want to pull this card, but you either let me give a change of clothes or I won’t give you your book back,” said Chanyeol.

Kyungsoo stared at Chanyeol for a while. He could just leave and never see him again, but he needed his book back.

‘It’s just for today Kyungsoo, then you don’t have too see him anymore,’ thought Kyungsoo.

“Fine,” he said and Chanyeol smiled at his small accomplishment.

“Okay, follow me,” he said as he spotted his car. Kyungsoo was hesitant to enter, but he did none the less.

“Who’s this?” asked the bodyguard.

“A friend of mine,” said Chanyeol.

Kyungsoo scoffed “Like hell I a—” he was stopped by Chanyeol who covered his mouth again. He gave his bodyguard a nervous and he gave them a suspicious glance.

“Whatever you say,” said the bodyguard as he started the car and drove them to Chanyeol’s hotel. It didn’t take long to get there, which was great for Kyungsoo because he didn’t want to be near Chanyeol. He had heard of his reckless behavior and he didn’t like it one bit.

“We’re here,” said Chanyeol as he got off the car. He waited for Kyungsoo to get off and directed him to his hotel. Once they entered Kyungsoo couldn’t help but be in awe. This was way better then his shabby apartment. Chanyeol saw Kyungsoo’s reaction and smiled.

“Like what you see?” he asked and Kyungsoo quickly wiped the smile off his mouth.

“As if… so are you going to give me a clean shirt or what?” he said impatiently.

“You know, you should be appreciative that I want to do this. Most people would have walked away.”

“Yeah and most people would not have bumped into the same person twice,” said Kyungsoo.

“Okay, okay, I’m going,” said Chanyeol as he gave up trying to converse with the man known as Kyungsoo. After a few minutes he pulled out a clean shirt and handed it to Kyungsoo.

“Are you for real?” said Kyungsoo as he held it out.

“What now?”

“This is huge. How am I supposed to wear this?”

“You haven’t even put it on!”
 

“I don’t have to, It’s pretty obvious,” said Kyungsoo in a matter of fact voice.

“Would you just put it on, please,” said Chanyeol and to his surprise Kyungsoo didn’t protest. He asked where the bathroom was and Chanyeol pointed to the door at the left side of the wall. Once Kyungsoo entered, Chanyeol let himself fall on the couch and close his eyes. He sighed. Arguing with that guy was really tiring.

“Okay I’m done now,” said Kyungsoo as Chanyeol opened his eyes. Chanyeol laughed. The shirt was a bit too big for Kyungsoo, but it kind of looked adorable.

“It’s not funny, jackass. Now that you gave me a clean shirt, I’m going to leave and I’ll find a way to return this to you,” said Kyungsoo as grabbed his book and headed out the door.

“Wait!” said Chanyeol as he blocked the door.

“What now?!”

“Since I ruined your shirt, I’ll get it dry cleaned,” he said as he tried to grab the shirt, but Kyungsoo moved it away.

“No thank you. I can handle it myself,” he said as he moved aside to get to the door, but Chanyeol blocked it again.

“You either let me do this or you won’t leave,” he said. Kyungsoo was fuming inside.

“Fine, fine, whatever, just let me leave,” he said.

“I’ll take you home,” he said, but Kyungsoo was not having that.

“Okay at least let my driver take you,” he said to Kyungsoo.

Kyungsoo agreed and he left without saying goodbye.


 

Kyungsoo arrived at his apartment and he could have sworn he saw a flash in the corner of his eye, but he dismissed it as his imagination. He kindly thanked the driver and headed up to his apartment. He couldn't believe how his day went today. He was having such a good day and the person he most despised had to come and ruin it. He wasn’t going to lie, the kindness that Chanyeol showed surprised him, but he wasn’t going to show it, afterall he was the one who ruined his perfectly good day. He shut the door( rather loudly might I add) and looked in the mirror. He looked absolutely ridiculous with the shirt on, but he was too tired to take it off and he fell asleep.

It wasn’t until seven in the morning that he woke up by the sound of someone knocking fiercely on the door. He waited a few seconds before he got up to go open it. He flung the door open and was immediately greeted by a smack to the head by Baekhyun.

“Hey what the hell!” he said while rubbing his head.

“When were you going to tell me?!” said Baekhyun.

“Tell you what?” he said as Baekhyun the TV.

“This,” he said as Kyungsoo looked at the women speaking.

And on another news, yesterday rapper Park Chanyeol was spotted near Suho’s coffee house with a Mystery man.  Fans who were there at the time say that the two seemed pretty close to one another and they even saw the mysterious male leave the hotel with one of Chanyeol’s shirt. Can this man possibly be linked to the rapper in a romantic wa—”

Kyungsoo turned off the TV. He didn’t want to hear anymore. “When were you going to tell me you knew Chanyeol, huh? you made us all think you hate him when you really going ou—”

“I’m not going out with him. Baekhyun he ran into me, spilled coffee on me, and offered to give me a clean shirt. That’s it!” he said as he sat down. This could not be happening.

“Well, it certainly doesn't look like it?” he said.   Just then Kyungsoo’s phone blew up with tons of messages. Some of them were angry friends demanding why he didn’t say anything and other’s were congratulatory messages.

“Ugh, what am I going to do?” he said as he buried his head in his pillow. Baekhyun sat down next to him and ran his fingers through his hair in an attempt to make him feel better.

“Do you think you can get me an autograph?” he asked before he was smacked by Kyungsoo.

“You’re not helping!” he whined. He buried his head in his pillow when he felt his phone ring, but he ignored it.

“Kyungsoo your phone is going off,” said Baekhyun, but Kyungsoo continued to ignore.

tsk I’ll answer it then,” said Baekhyun as he answered the phone.

“Hello?”

“...”
 

“Yes this is Kyungsoo’s phone. Who’s this?”

“...”

“Yeah right? No really who is this?”

“...”

“Wait, are you serious?”

“...”

“Holy , I'm like a big fan of yours. And my friend, Kai, is an even bigger fan. Oh and by the way do you know Chen beca-” kyungsoo took this as his cue to take the phone away.

“Hello,”

“Kyungsoo it's Park Chanyeol,” Baekhyun whispered excitedly. Yeah right, Kyungsoo didn't even give him his phone number.

“Hello? Kyungsoo, this is Chanyeol.” Kyungsoo had a feeling that he wasn't calling to inform him that his shirt was ready.

“Why are you calling? No better yet how did you get my number?”

“Kyungsoo ask him if he knows Chen! Ask him” said Baekhyun as Kyungsoo hit him so he could shut up.

“Uh listen, I think you already know about the press seeing is together right?”

“Yean and what hell is that all about?”

“Look I can't explain over the phone. I sent my driver to pick you up,” he said.

“Wait, I'm not going back th-” he was cut off by Chanyeol.

“Look there's no time to argue, so please just come. I'll explain everything you get here” Chanyeol said as he hung up the phone.

Kyungsoo groaned as he hesitantly got up from his bed. “What’s wrong?” asked Baekhyun

“I don’t know, he sent someone to pick me up,” said Kyungsoo as he put on a jacket and his shoes.

“Can I go, please, please, please.”
 

“Yes, whatever,” he said as they both left the apartment. Kyungsoo opened the door to the front entrance and was meet with a hoard of people who started to take his picture. He couldn’t hear anything but people screaming at him. Some were asking him questions and others were yelling insults at him.

“Move out of the way,” said Baekhyun as he latched on to Kyungsoo. Kyungsoo spotted the car from yesterday and wasted no time in jumping in along with an all too excited Baekhyun. The ride to Chanyeol’s hotel was pretty short. Once they got there, the security team immediately ushered them inside.

“Woah, this is way better than your apartment Kyungsoo,” said Baekhyun as Kyungsoo pinched him.

“Ouch, what was that for?” he asked.

“Stop talking.” They entered the main hall and went straight to Chanyeol’s suite. One of the guards knocked and Chanyeol opened the door.

“Kyungsoo-yah!” said Chanyeol.

“Don’t talk as if we’re friends,” said Kyungsoo. Chanyeol smiled sheepishly at him and looked to Baekhyun.

“Who’s this?” Kyungsoo was about to introduce him but Baekhyun beat him to it.

“My name is Byun Baekhyun. I’m Kyungsoo’s best friend,” he said with a proud smile.

“Nice to meet you,” he said as he shook Baekhyun’s hand and Kyungsoo rolled his eyes.

“What am I here for and why am I in the news?” he said.

“Yeah about that—”

“Is that Kyungsoo?” said a person who Kyungsoo didn’t notice.

“Yeah, uh Kyungsoo this is my manager, Mark. Mark this is Kyungsoo,” he introduced them.

“We need to speak in private,” said Mark as he looked at Baekhyun.

“Oh don’t mind me, I’ll be right over there,” he said as he went to inspect the rest of Chanyeol’s hotel.

“You haven’t answered my question,” said Kyungsoo as the three of them sat down.

“I think some fans managed to track me down and they took pictures of us. I think the press thinks we have something together,” he said as he rubbed the nape of his neck.

“That’s ridiculous. I would never date someone like you!”

“Hey what’s that supposed to mean?” said Chanyeol.

“Exactly what it sounds like. You are an arrogant person who only cares about fame,” said Kyungsoo as he looked him deadpan in the eyes.

“Now you listen here. I don’t know who you think you are but—”
 

“My gosh If I didn’t know any better I’d say you guys are married,” said Baekhyun who had been eavesdropping.  

“Baekhyun this doesn't involve yo—”

“He’s right, you know. Now that I think about it, this might be good media attention,” Mark said in a thoughtful voice.

“Are you insane?” shouted Kyungsoo.

“Kyungsoo you don’t have to shout,” said Chanyeol.

“Kyungsoo, that’s your name right,” said Mark as Kyungsoo nodded.

“The press probably already knows your name. This so called hook up is probably on over the news outlets. Your face is known to millions of Chanyeol fan’s, and some of them are probably angry that you’ve been seen with him, which is not something that we can deny because you’re still wearing his shirt,” he said as all of them turned to look at Chanyeol’s shirt, which Kyungsoo forgot to take off. Kyungsoo blushed as Chanyeol smiled at him.

“It was that comfortable that you couldn’t take it off, huh?” he teased.

“Shut up,” he said as he covered himself with his jacket.

“Anyway,” Mark continued.

“The fans aren’t what they used to be. Instead of wanting to marry their idol, they ship them with other celebrities, and if you’ve been on the web you can see that people have started to talk about how ‘cute’ you guys would look together, but others are raging and they’re out for blood, so the only way we can ensure your safety is if you pretend to date Chanyeol so we can protect you,” he said as Kyungsoo looked to Chanyeol.

“You can’t be serious,” he said. Chanyeol gave him a sympathetic smile.

“He’s right, believe me I don’t want to go out with someone as rude as you, but if it’s for your safety then so be it,” he said. Kyungsoo was about to jump him when Baekhyun touched his shoulder.

“Kyungsoo I think you should listen to them,” he said.  Kyungsoo sighed, he didn’t want to go out with Chanyeol and much less pretend to.

“Can’t we just explain what really happened,” he said.

“No, unfortunately Chanyeol's been given so much negative coverage that they won’t believe it,” he said.

“Yeah, well I wouldn’t either,” muttered Kyungsoo.

“I can hear you, you know,” said Chanyeol.

Kyungsoo was in deep thought. “If I do this, how long will I have to do it for?” he asked.

“A couple of days, maybe a month or two until we figure out how to handle it,” said the manager.

Kyungsoo internally groaned, but he had to do this or else people would be out to kill him. “Okay then fine, but only because I just want to get this over with,” he said.

“Okay, then we’ll talk with Chanyeol’s P.R representatives and when we have a plan we’ll get back to you,” he said as he sat up.

“Now if you’ll excuse me,” he said as he left the room. Only Kyungsoo, Baekhyun, and Chanyeol remained.

“How about I give you a ride home?” Chanyeol said. Kyungsoo was about to reject it when Baekhyun interrupted him.

“We would love to,” he said as he pinched Kyungsoo.

Kyungsoo sighed. “I guess we’ll be needing a ride.”


 

The ride home was pretty silent, well silent for Kyungsoo since he didn’t utter a word. Baekhyun on the other hand bombarded him with questions. They arrived at his apartment and there were no more reporters, thankfully.

Both Baekhyun and Kyungsoo exited the car. “Oh and one more question. Do you know Chen?” he asked.

“Baek, stop with your obsession already,” whined Kyungsoo as he said goodbye to Chanyeol and he dragged Baekhyun up to his apartment.

Chanyeol waited until they were out of site to go back to his hotel. He smiled to himself. Kyungsoo was really something different.