Chapter 7

Behind the Cameras

    Soonyoung is in the practice room waiting for Wonwoo's arrival. Most of the members were busy doing last  minute preparations for Wonwoo's homecoming-Mingyu and Seungcheol hyung cooking up a storm in the connecting kitchen, Hansol and Minghao putting up decorations, Chan and Seungkwan hooking up the sound systems, Jisoo hyung and Jihoon doing god knows what in the next room, Seokmin and Junghan hyung playing on their phones (they don't have anything to contribute anymore seeing as most of the members got it all covered), and Junhui, again, missing in action.

 

        Soonyoung is worried about the Chinese member. He is not as close to him as he is to Wonwoo, but he knows the other member enough to realize that something major may have had happened when he was away to cause this level of distress. Wonwoo is important to Junhui, yes, but for him to return so frazzled and changed is not something that would have resulted only with Wonwoo's hospitalization. If he was really worried about that, he would have punched the living daylights out of him when he learned of how Wonwoo came to be in the hospital, like what Seokmin and Mingyu had done. Soonyoung doesn't even know if Junhui knows that he's the reason Wonwoo's  hospitalization.

 

    Suddenly, very loud cheers broke Soonyoung's thoughts. He turned to see what the commotion was all about when he saw Wonwoo entering the practice room and most of the younger members ran up to him and gave him a group hug. He saw Wonwoo's laughing face and his heart contracted a bit-it's been so long since he last saw his bestfriend laughing like that.

 

    Wonwoo then turned to him which  made Soonyoung's heart leaped.

 

    "Awww, why aren't you joining in Soonyoungie? Isn't a group hug your specialty?" his bestfriend asked him jokingly.

 

    "Well, if you missed me that much," Soonyoung started while flipping off his nonexistent long hair. "Who am I to refuse?"

 

    Soonyoung then ran up to the members  hugging Wonwoo and leaped to hug them. Chan, Hansol, Seungkwan, Seokmin, and even Mingyu screamed in horror as Soonyoung hugged/jumped to them making them fall to the ground while Wonwoo just laughed it all off. 'Ahhh, it's good to have the normal Wonwoo back,' Soonyoung thought.

 

    Seungcheol hyung finally broke off the excited kids, and led them to the laughing hyungs at the center of the practice room. Soonyoung looked around and saw Jisoo hyung back-hugging Jihoon who's looking at them with a fond smile (something the members rarely see as the shortest member is usually frowning that Soonyoung was tempted to capture the moment with his camera), Minghao was beckoning to his boyfriend to join him which Hansol obliged to, Junghan hyung was just sitting there looking like a proud dad finaly seeing his son come home from war (which just as well be the case, Wonwoo did get home after he battled with being in coma), and lastly, Junhui (who Soonyoung just now noticed, he probably entered the room when he heard a lot of noise due to Wonwoo's coming) sulking in the corner of the room again.

 

    Soonyoung's heart went out to Junhui, it really did. He knows how fiercely the Chinese boy loves his bestfriend, and even though Soonyoung's heart is hurt every time he saw the former lovebirds cling to each other before, he would take all the pain in the world just to see both of s go back to their cheesy relationship.

 

    "So now that we're all here, why don't we talk about the situation first before having the party?" Seungcheol hyung asked.

    

    Everyone nodded their head, except for Junhui, but Seuncheol hyung just ignored the former. Seungcheol hyung probably knows that Junhui hyung won't acknowledge much of the on-coming discussion anyway.

    
    "So here's the thing, as you all know, Wonwoo has retrograde amnesia, meaning he could remember things from the past but only up to a certain point. In this case he only remembers up to filming our Project 17 showcase, am I right Wonwoo?" at Wonwoo's nod, the leader continued. "I already talked to our managers earlier, our next comeback would still be held towards the end of March, but since Wonwoo can't remember most things, we'll help him as much as we can this month, and hopefully, he would remember his lost memories, is everyone okay with that?"

 

    Again, everyone nodded their head except for Junhui. What Seungcheol hyung asked is a no-brainer, really. Most of the members are in love with Wonwoo or formed a deep bond with their member, so most would be willing to do almost everything for him.

 

    "So are there any questions?"

 

    "What about Wonwoo hyung's rap parts?" Chan, our very dependable maknae asked.
    

    "Oh, right. It would probably go two ways, it's either Wonwoo writes those things and Jihoon approves, or me and Hansol would take over his parts," Seungcheol hyung explained.

    
    "That's not fair, what about me?" Mingyu asked or more like whined.
    
    We all looked at the tallest member who was pouting like a baby. Soonyoung laughed at the picture it presented, then most of the members joined him too. Mingyu pouted even more, which made them laugh harder.

 

    "Awww, are you jealous you baby giant?" Wonwoo jokingly asked. Mingyu nodded his head at the question which sent the members in another laughing round. "Aww come here you big baby and let me comfort you."

 

    Mingyu jumped from his seat and went directly to Wonwoo and sat on his lap. The older, on his part, hugged the big baby and ruffled his hair while making cooing sounds. 

 

    Looking at them, Soonyoung feels a sense of deja vu. He hadn't seen this kind of scene since their last comeback. Wonwoo and Mingyu hadn't really interacted much lately, and to see them interacting again makes Soonyoung's heart contract.

 

    A little noise was heard, which most of the members didn't hear but Soonyoung did. While most of the members joined in in teasing Mingyu, Soonyoung looked at the source of the noise that he heard. He saw Junhui, glaring at the scene but didn't do anything. That sight only makes Soonyoung heart feel more pain for the Chinese member.

 

    "Okay, enough teasing my giant baby. I have a question," Wonwoo said.

 

    All members stopped what they were doing and nodded their head to Wonwoo.

 

    "What happened to Kim Naeun? I was going through my messages and haven't seen her name in my contacts anymore," Wonwoo asked then looked around all of them.

    
    Soonyoung almost face plamed when he heard Wonwoo say that. And Soonyoung was not the only one. He saw Mingyu literally face palmed. All the other members looked confuse though.

 

    Seungcheol hyung, as usual was the first one to break the silence.

 

    "Who is Kim Naeun, Wonwoo?"

 

    Soonyoung  leaped off from his seat and answered before Wonwoo could open his mouth. "Ummm, may I talk to Wonwoo for a bit?"

 

    Wonwoo looked liked a confused puppy that Soonyoung felt bad.. He was just about to lead Wonwoo out when Seungcheol hyung said: "Whatever you need to say to Wonwoo you can say it front of us, Soonyoung."

 

    "But hyung," Soonyoung whined.

 

    "No, sit down and do as Seungcheol said," Junghan hyung said. He glared at Soonyoung who had no choice but to follow the older.

 

    Soonyoung sat down again and pouted. He can't believe after all this time, Wonwoo's secret would finally be outed.

 

    "Now, Soonyoung, what would you have told Wonwoo outside?" Junghan hyung started.

 

    "Nothing," Soonyoung murmured.

 

    "It's not nothing if you would tell him wherever we won't hear it, so spill," Seungcheol hyung said.

 

    Soonyoung stubbornly jutted his chin, not telling the members anything. The two oldest shook their heads in disappointment at Soonyoung and turned their focus on Wonwoo.

 

    "Wonwoo, do you know what Soonyoung would have told you outside?" Junghan hyung asked. Wonwoo looked at Soonyoung who shook his head vigorously.

 

    "I don't?" Wonwoo asked while tilting his head to the side. At this, Soonyoung can't help but face palm. It can't be more obvious that Wonwoo is lying.

 

        "Don't lie Jeon Wonwoo, you know the consequences of lying to me right?" Junghan hyung said while flashing a menacing smile at Wonwoo. Whoever said that Junghan hyung is an angel is dead wrong, and was probably bribed by him to say that.

        

"Ireallydon'tknow...ButIsawSoonyoungshakinghisheadrapidlymakingmelookguiltywhilesayingthatIdon'tknow...PleaseJunghanhyung,Ireallydon'tknowwhatSoonyoungwasgoingtosaytome," Wonwoo said really fast, and if it weren't for the fact that they were all used to hearing most of the members rap, they wouldn't understand a thing that Wonwoo said.

 

    "Okay, I'll trust you for now Wonwoo. But mind answering something for me? Of course you won't you'll answer anything, right?" Junghan hyung paused for a minute but continued on when he saw  Wonwoo nodded his head. 

 

"Who is Kim Naeun?"

 

    "You guys don't know?" Wonwoo asked back.

 

    "If we knew we wouldn't have to ask you, dumba**," Jihoon butted in which earned a smack in the head from Junghan hyung.

 

    "Jihoon, shut up. Let me do the talking," Junghan hyung said. Jihoon  sulked to Jisoo hyung's arms, which earned a laugh from his boyfriend.

 

    Soonyoung saw Wonwoo looked undecided if he should talk about who Naeun is, but with a quick look from Junghan hyung, Wonwoo decided to spill the beans.

 

    "Kim Naeun is my girlfriend, or was, I don't know...I thought for sure you guys already know," Wonwoo said cooly, trying to pretend that what he just said is not a big deal.

 

    "GIRLFRIEND? SINCE WHEN HAD YOU HAD A GIRLFRIEND?" most of the members yelled. Soonyoung also saw Seungkwan fainted and Chan thankfully caught him. None of the members paid attention to the drama seeking member as they were use to his antics.

 

    Soonyoung sneak a pic on a certain quiet Chinese boy and saw the said guy went out of the room. He cursed Wonwoo in his head. How dense could that guy be? How could he just spill that kind of thing?

 

    "I thought you guys all knew? It happened ages ago, or what seemed like ages to you guys anyway,"  Wonwoo said.

    

    "How could we know? You never told us anyway," Junghan said.

 

    "And we all thought you were gay," Seungcheol added.

 

    Wonwoo laughed at what Seungcheol hyung said which made Soonyoung curse in his head. This is not how he envisioned Wonwoo's homecoming.

 

    "I'm not gay! Hahahaha, who gave you that idea?"

 

    "You! You were so close to Mingyu that even our fans thought you guys are together!" Junghan hyung yelled.

 

    "Oh that? That's just fanservice, hyung. I already have a girlfriend that time, and Mingyu too. What was her name again Mingyu, Im Nayoung?" Wonwoo asked and all the members attention then turned to Mingyu.

 

    "You had a girlfriend too and you didn't tell us?" Seungcheol hyung yelled.

 

    Soonyoung winced at Seungcheol hyung's tone, and he saw Mingyu doing the same. Seungcheol hyung really sound like an eomma right now, and if Soonyoung would just close his eyes, he'll see the image of his mom with Seungcheol hyung's voice.

 

    "I did..." Mingyu mumbled.

 

    "How come we never heard of this? All along we thought you guys were together back then!" Junghan hyung said.

 

    "Umm... It's a really funny story, hehehe," Mingyu started nervously.

 

    He paused for a long time and Junghan hyung became impatient. "I'm not laughing yet, Mingyu."

 

    "Well you see..."

 

    While Mingyu continued on with his story telling that Soonyoung already knows most of it, he quietly sneaked out to find their Chinese member who disappeared  earlier.

 

    He looked through the rooms and some of the nooks in the dorm that the Chinese member usually frequents at before, to no avail. He couldn't find Junhui anywhere!

    
    When he was finally going to give up, he went to the last place he could think off, the rooftop.


    Right there, was their missing member, surled up in his knees and rocking back and forth while crying. His heart goes out to their member. He can't imagine having his most important person forgetting who he is, then finding out that that person is not really who he seemed to be. Soonyoung knows that Junhui thought that Wonwoo is really gay, and not biual-so he coould just imagine whatkind of thoughts are running through their Chinese member.

 

    "Junhui..."  Soonyoung started.

 

    Junhui looked at him, his eyes are dead, and he seemed to have lost whatever will he has to live. The look in his eyes gave Soonyoung the shivers, it is a kind of look that you'll seefrom someone who is suicidal.

 

    "What? Why aren you here? To gloat that I've been the fool all this time?" Junhui said in between hiccups.

 

    "No, why would you think like that?"

 

    "Because that's what I am, right? I'm the fool who believed in everything that HE said!"

 

    "You're not a fool, Junhui. You didn't even hear out Wonwoo, you just escaped when you heard that he had a girlfriend!"

 

    "Because listening to whatever he'll say would make a difference? Would listening to him bring back my boyfriend? Will he regain his memories of us? he's not even the same person that I've left behind!"

 

    "Junhui..."

 

    "Just go back Soonyoung! I don't need any of your condenscending tone right now!" Junhui yelled, loud enough probably for the people a floor below them to hear him.

 

    "I'm not going back without you with me, and definitely not when you're still misunderstanding so much." Soonyoung said then hugged the Chinese member.

 

    To say Junhui was surprise was an understatement. He tried really hard to get out of Soonyoung's grasp but he wasn't having any of Junhui's struggles. After a few moments of struggling, Junhui finally succumbed to Soonyoung's hug.

 

    "Why are you doing this? Why can't you just let  me be?" Junhui mumbled in Soonyoung's shoulders.

 

    "Because you're a fellow member, because I don't like seeing any  of my brothers suffer, and because after all the misunderstandings, I know you are the best one for Wonwoo," Soonyoung said. He let go of Junhui then looked him in the eye. "It may not looked like it right now, but Wonwoo loves you. He really loves you, even when he was in a relationship with Kim Naeun, when he was trying to figure out his uality, he already cares for you. So just take a breath and get your s*** back together. Wonwoo needs you to be whole again."

 

    "Why? I know how much you love Wonwoo, more than as a bestfriend. Why would you choose to help me when you can go to him right now and professed your love? Right now when he doesn't know about our relationship?" Junhui asked Soonyoung, confusion clear in his eyes.

 

    "Because his happiness is more important to me than my own. I know he would not be as happy with me, I know my place Junhui, and it would always be a best friend to him. I can't change that although I want to. So get your s*** together and woo Wonwoo again, you hear me?" Soonyoung said then looked him dead in the eyes. When Soonyoung saw Junhui nod, he left the Chinese member to go back to the chaos in the practice room.

 

 

a/n:

So who did expect something like this to happen? And I'm so sorry for the crappy English, English language is a weakness of mine since it's not my first nor second language...I also struggle with grammar so yeah...Next update would be on Junhui's pov...I think...:)) share your thoughts down below??:)))