Chapter 5

"Jeonghan, I choose you!" Part 2

Zm45RZQUxrHjYXGiqpSngeRs2P6Ntxy1WhYdqoeO

It’s been close to a week since Soo Min returned to her grandmother all the way back in Busan, Korea. Things were a bit difficult at first but she was able to settle back into the room she used to stay in when she was staying with her beloved grandmother. It had really only been a little over a month since she was last there, it shouldn’t be that hard… but it was.

 

She missed everything about Seoul, she missed her best friend and his roommates, his neighbors, their friends… she missed him, she missed Jeonghan the most. For the past week she’s been on and off crying and barely ate or slept, she was so broken hearted, she couldn’t believe this was happening to her. Never did she think things would end up like this and she never thought in a million years that it would be her that breaks the relationship off. She thought about it a lot when she got to Busan, wondering if she made a mistake or not, and after a whole week, she realized she did. I should have waited…

 

It was clear she was really stressed about her relationship with Jeonghan, but since it was her first relationship, it was difficult to talk about. She wanted to talk to Jisoo about it though anytime she thought to bring it up she always chickened out. Only now did she notice she has a problem with talking about her issues, possibly because she doesn’t want anyone to feel bad for her and pity her. It was stupid to think that way, but she couldn’t help it. She didn’t get much attention growing up because she was living in the shadow of her sister all that time and learned to live with it. Even if she wanted some sort of attention then, she definitely didn’t want attention now.

 

Maybe her past was also affecting her just like Jeonghan’s was affecting him. Her problems with her family didn’t seem as bad until now. Nothing will change, will it? Despite trying so hard, things weren’t really resolved? Perhaps they were going to need a professional’s help… but even then, she knows she could never open up about it to a complete stranger. The only person she truly opened up about her issues was with Jeonghan and sometimes Won Woo. Now that she left Seoul, they wouldn’t be there for her anymore.

 

It’s my fault. She blamed herself. I should’ve been stronger...

 

Her grandmother was really surprised to see her back in Busan so quick and worried what went on in Seoul that had her granddaughter running back to her. Soo Min wouldn’t talk about it at first, but after the second day of crying her eyes out, she finally told the elder everything because she had to, she didn’t want her poor grandmother left in the dark about everything. She went on to say how she reunited with her best friend, to making new friends, running into her sister and Ren, getting into a relationship that sadly didn’t last long. It was hard to talk about Jeonghan, she missed him terribly. He wasn’t going to be easy to let go of after this.

 

“Sweetie, why didn’t you just give it time?” The elder had question. Of course, Soo Min had asked herself that question, too.

 

“I couldn’t do it.” Soo Min had replied back. “It didn’t seem like it’d be that easy to fix and it was honestly stressing me out really bad. I was afraid it’d hurt me more if I waited around.”

 

“First relationships are always the hardest.” Her grandmother sighed while giving her a pat on the back. “I’m sorry, Minnie.”

 

For the rest of that week, she didn’t leave the house and spent most of her time cleaning and rearranging stuff for her grandmother, occasionally relaxing on the couch to watch some TV but it didn’t last long as her mind would wander during commercials. She needed to focus on something to stop herself from thinking about them, from thinking about him…

 

Now in present day, it was a Saturday afternoon as Soo Min was cleaning up the kitchen after having lunch alone. Her grandmother was invited out by the friendly neighbors for lunch, and while they invited Soo Min to come with, she wasn’t up for socializing today. They assured her it was okay and that they understood before leaving with her worried grandmother.

 

Of course it wasn’t going to be as simple as things going back to normal after one night’s sleep… actually, she’s barely gotten any sleep since leaving Seoul a week ago. It was just hard to sleep at night, and when she did manage to fall asleep she’d either have a bad dream or constantly wake up from her busy mind. She kept thinking of how things could have been different. Should she had stayed to wait it out? How could she of handled it differently? Does Jeonghan hate her now?

 

That question haunted her. She had promised him she would never hurt him like the way Mi Young did and even though she didn’t do the things his crazy ex did, she was sure she probably hurt him 100x worse than what Mi Young did. I’m a horrible person…

 

Wiping at her eyes, she scolded herself for thinking about it too much. The more she thinks about it, the more she regrets running away. I’m such an idiot… But what was done was done. There was no jumping back in the past to stop it, there was no time machines, unfortunately. Damn it.

 

Finally done with cleaning up the dishes, she ventured back to her room and lied on her bed, eyes locked on the ceiling. I wonder what you’re doing now? She thought before closing her eyes. Are you doing the cliché thing? Because she sure was. She concluded all human beings were programed to play out clichés, it was just in their blood and tears.

 

“I’m sorry…” she barely got out as she was looking at the couple selca they took that time they were with their friends, they looked so happy. “I’m sorry I ruined it all…” eventually, she cried herself to sleep that night.

Zm45RZQUxrHjYXGiqpSngeRs2P6Ntxy1WhYdqoeO

Ever since that day, Jeonghan hadn’t talked much to anyone, he was barely eating and barely sleeping. He cried a lot the first 3 days and missed a whole week of work. But luckily, since he was such a workaholic, their managers let it slide. He was such a good employee… they’d help him out this time. Everyone was just at a loss of what to do for their friend. Talking about it wasn’t going to help much, his broken heart was still fresh and sensitive… it was probably best that they didn’t talk about it until he was more calm. They weren’t sure how long that’d be this time.

 

Over at Jisoo’s apartment was almost the same thing, thought Jisoo didn’t cry like Jeonghan did, if he did, it was only a little and out of frustration. He felt like he should have done something to stop this from happening, he was blaming himself for not noticing it sooner, he felt like a terrible friend because she left him, too. She hadn’t contacted him since she left and he felt like she was never going too. Did I lose her because of this? He didn’t want to think like that, but he couldn’t help it.

 

Hansol and Minghao were sad to see their older roommate so down about the whole thing. He didn’t lock himself up in his room like most people would but they could just see how it was really affecting him when they were around. There was a constant sadness in his eyes and a frown on his face. He wasn’t talking as much as he used to nor going out either. Soo Min leaving like that, it was like she took a piece of everyone with her, not on purpose but something like that.

 

Things just weren’t the same without her now. Everyone’s been missing her terribly, even poor Chan. The boy cried so much the day it happened and since then he hasn’t been that cute energetic boy everyone’s used to seeing. Seungkwan cries anytime her name is mentioned and so everyone stopped mentioning her, which felt cruel to them, they didn’t want to forget her!

 

Even Seokmin who usually was the happy virus wasn’t living up to that nickname these days. He too felt like he should have done something to prevent all of this. Besides Jisoo, he was literally the last person who saw her before she disappeared. Soonyoung tried to tell him that he shouldn’t feel like it was his fault, but that was hard to do. Something was wrong, he could sense it but he didn’t do anything about it. He hadn’t thought she’d be the type to run away like this, either.

 

Seungcheol. He was really worried about both Jeonghan and Soo Min. He was worried about how she was doing as well as Jeonghan. How were these two handling this? He tried to visit Jeonghan, but he didn’t want to see anyone and was locked up in his room. He heard how much of a mess Jeonghan was since it happened and it broke his heart. He felt so bad for the guy… There was no word on Soo Min, she hadn’t contacted any of them since she disappeared and he only hoped she was somewhere safe at least. Eventually, he bumped into one of Soo Min’s friends, Ae-Cha, who told him she only heard that Soo Min returned to her grandmother in Busan.

 

At least he knew she was somewhere safe and familiar. He worried if she was staying in a hotel around Seoul or something, somewhere unfamiliar and lonely. How did things end up like this? He wondered. He along with everyone else was truly hoping that Soo Min was going to be Jeonghan’s happy ending. Where did it all go so wrong? Not many knew about what was happening with Jeonghan’s relationship, only Jisoo and Won Woo knew at the moment and of course Ren and Min Hee, but since they don’t really hangout with Seungcheol and his friends…

 

“Just what happened to them?” Seungcheol asked quietly as he looked back at the closed door of Jeonghan’s bedroom.

Zm45RZQUxrHjYXGiqpSngeRs2P6Ntxy1WhYdqoeO

The next day, the doorbell rang at the elders front door an Soo Min made her way over from the couch to answer and soon regretted it.

 

“Yah~!” Ren stopped her from shutting the door by putting his foot in.

 

“Hey~! Don’t be so rude, let us in!” Min Hee was right behind him, trying to peek inside, her parents were trailing behind with a few things in their hands. After seeing her parents behind her sister and Ren, she sighed and stepped back to let them into the house. “Jeez, this is Halmoni’s house, not yours!” Min Hee scolded before giving her sister a tight hug.

 

“Sorry…” Soo Min managed to say after getting a hug from Ren and her parents. They were the only ones she had really reached out to since coming to Busan. She knew if she didn’t they’d show up to the house anyway, so she decided being in some sort of contact, it wouldn’t be as dramatic or awkward when they showed up. Her mother did say she’d visit every weekend, today was Saturday… she was living up to that promise.

 

“How have you been?” Her mother asked after they all took a seat in the living room. “You don’t looks so great, have you been eating?”

 

“I have.” She nodded. It was the truth, she was eating though maybe not enough. She didn’t have much of an appetite, naturally.

 

“You’ve been drinking water, right?” Min Hee asked next. She noticed the loss of color in her sister’s lips and it looked like a clear sign of dehydration. “Gosh, where’s Halmoni? Hasn’t she been looking after you?”

 

“I send her out with her friends because I don’t want to burden her.” Soo Min answered. “She has a lot of fun and was always going out a lot when I got here. I told her to keep doing what she was doing before I came back, I can take care of myself.”

 

“Does she know what happened?” Her father asked, looking pretty worried. It was clear Soo Min wasn’t doing a good job at taking care of herself, and they wondered if the elder noticed yet?

 

“I told her.” She nodded. “But it’s okay now.”

 

“Is it really?” Min Hee frowned. It was clear that was a lie.

 

“Yeah.”

 

The room was quiet as they all watched her, not believing a word she said. But when they thought about saying something in reply, they stopped. Nothing they said or suggested would work on her and they knew that. They just couldn’t help but want to help her. It was really unfortunate.

 

“I know you all came to check on me and maybe even visit with halmoni… but she’s not home right now so do you think you can come back when she’s here? I want to be alone.” Soo Min said calmly, avoiding everyone’s eyes.

 

No. They didn’t want to leave her alone, but they had to. “Sure, no problem.” Her mother was the first to say before gesturing the others to get up and follow. “Just let us know when halmoni returns home.”

 

“I will.” Soo Min nodded, waving to her, she had a thankful smile on her lips and luckily her mother caught that. It was perhaps a little progress between their relationship and she was glad.

 

Once they were all outside, her husband mentioned how he hoped their daughter could go back to smiling again soon. It was hard to see her like that. “All she needs is time.” She assured them. Hopefully it wouldn’t take too long, though.

Zm45RZQUxrHjYXGiqpSngeRs2P6Ntxy1WhYdqoeO

“Jeonghan, you have to get out of bed sometime this year.” Junhui frowned when he came back to his shared room. Jeonghan was curled up on his side, hugging one of his pillows tight to his chest, his eyes staring at nothing in particular. He looked tired and broken.

 

Jeonghan didn’t say a word to Junhui and honestly his roommate didn’t expect him to. But after a whole week… “Damn it, Yoon Jeonghan. I’m serious. Get out of bed, right now.” He said in a more serious tone as he walked over to help him up. Jeonghan didn’t put up a fight but it was really difficult to get someone who gave up on life to stand correctly. “Don’t let this breakup consume you, Jeonghan.”

 

Nothing.

 

“The world didn’t end. Snap out of it.” Junhui shook him a bit.

 

“Maybe not to you… but it did for me.” Jeonghan barely got out in his scratchy voice from his long week of on and off crying. “You don’t understand… I really loved her.”

 

“I know you did, but-”

 

“I was going to do so many things with her!” Jeonghan cried. “I was going to take her to so many places where we’d make tons of memories together. I was going to buy her so many things, I was going to give her so many things to show her how much I truly love and cherish her…” soon he was becoming a sobbing mess. “I was going to ask her to marry me!”

 

In that moment, Junhui stopped and retracted his hands, his eyes slightly wide. It was clear that Jeonghan was serious about his words. He had been serious about everything. It was probably why he was taking it all so badly. Soo Min was truly the love of his life, wasn’t she? After everything he’s been through, she was going to be the one.

 

But now she was gone…

 

With Junhui stunned into silence, Jeonghan returned to his bed to once again, cry his heart out.

 

Exiting his shared bedroom, Junhui was met with a worried look from Mingyu on the couch and an irritated expression from Won Woo. They could clearly hear Jeonghan crying again and Won Woo scoffed at the pitiful sound. Both Mingyu and Junhui refrained from scolding him, remembering he truly didn’t mean it. Soo Min leaving like that really had everyone caught off guard. Won Woo hadn’t been able to handle it well at all, apparently.

 

“God, that loser is still crying? It’s been a week.” He said a bit harsh.

 

“Just let him be.” Junhui simply said.

 

“Did you say something to him before that?” Mingyu asked curiously.

 

“I told him to get out of bed. I managed to get him to stand at least but one of my comments finally elicited a reply and I was shocked.”

 

“What did he say?”

 

“It’s really heart breaking now. He really loved her, you guys.” Junhui said with a sad smile, his eyes tearing up a bit. “He told me that he was going to ask her to marry him, that’s how much he loved her.”

 

The room fell silent at those words and right away Won Woo got up and left to his shared room, the sting in the back of his eyes was too strong to control and he didn’t want to cry in front of them and show that weakness. But who was he trying to fool anyway? Damn it… he crawled onto his bed and grabbed a pillow to shove his face into. His chest hurt so much… Why?

 

It was probably a good 10 minutes before he heard the door open and Mingyu entered the room. He knew it had to be Mingyu since Junhui learned to keep his distance from him. Anyone else's attempts in talking with him never worked lately. He was either silent or harsh and bitter and he hated that. He hated how Soo Min’s departure made him into this mean and cold person. Yes, he had Mingyu. Yes, he had his friends. But no, their bonds could never compare to the one he had with her, the bond he had with his wingman.

 

He was truly wingless without her.

 

Won Woo could feel the bed shift a bit, and he looked up a little to see Mingyu sitting at the edge of the bed near him, his eyes were casted down to the floor in front of him and his expression was sad. He was quiet and didn’t say anything for a bit which Won Woo thought that would be better, but the longer the silence played out, the more intense the sting in the back of his eyes got. Soon, Won Woo’s vision started to get blurry and tears started to fall from his eyes.

 

Hearing the small sniffle from his boyfriend, Mingyu turned to see Won Woo sitting there looking at him with tears streaming down his face. His expression was a mix of anger and hurt as he struggled to keep a calm face, as if he was trying to act like he wasn’t crying, but it was clear as day. He just couldn’t keep it together anymore.

 

Words didn’t work for him when he was like this, so Mingyu did what he knew worked and that was pulling his boyfriend over into his arms and held him close to his chest. Won Woo only cried harder once in his arms and buried his face into his chest while gripping onto the fabric of his shirt. “I don’t understand!” He cried out. “I’m crying like my cat ran away~!”

 

“Because she did.” Mingyu said with a sad chuckle. “It’s okay. I’m sure we’ll find her again.”

 

“No!” Won Woo pulled away, startling Mingyu at his sudden outburst. “You promised me that she’d be around when I’d meet with my parents but she’s gone now. You ing liar!” He grabbed his pillow and hit Mingyu with it.

 

“Yah~! I was sure she wasn’t going to pull something like this, I’m sorry!”

 

“It’s so stupid how people try to stay positive about everything, it’s a bunch of bull. There really is no happy endings. you don’t always get what you want. Life is cruel and we have to deal with it.”

 

“Won Woo!” Mingyu scolded. He really didn’t want to hear Won Woo say such things, it broke his heart.

 

“If you try to say one more lie to me I will never forgive you.” His eyes were so sharp and cold just then, it brought tears to Mingyu’s eyes. In an instant he got up and left the room. “.” Won Woo muttered after seeing his boyfriend flee the room while crying. He was falling apart and hurting those around him… What am I going to do? He had to do something, and quick. He wasn’t sure how much longer he could go on hurting his friends with his nasty attitude. The best way to contact her sister is…? He decided he should go find their missing Pikachu and at least try to bring her home because even if he really needed her, Jeonghan was a total mess without her. He was doing it for Squirtle.

Zm45RZQUxrHjYXGiqpSngeRs2P6Ntxy1WhYdqoeO

“Have you heard anything from her yet?” Bo-Young asked to Jisoo as they were out together with some of the others for lunch. It was them along with Jihoon and Ae-Cha, Seungkwan, Seokmin and Mi-Cha.

 

“No.” Jisoo shook his head quietly.

 

“Seriously?” Mi-Cha asked with crossed arms.

 

“Even though it’s been a week, she might need more time.” Ae-Cha innocently put out there. “A lot of people deal with breakups differently…”

 

“I know, I’m just getting worried is all.” Bo-Young sighed. Jisoo and his friends hadn’t been in the best of moods for the past week and it was hard to watch. Everyone must have gotten really attached to the Soo Min in the end.

 

“What about Jeonghan, how is he doing?” Jihoon brought it up.

 

“Not good.” Jisoo honestly answered. “Junhui’s worried that he’ll get sick soon with how little he’s been sleeping and eating. He mentioned that he’s been on and off crying all week, he’s never been so heartbroken over a girl before, it’s sad.”

 

“Awh…” Ae-Cha frowned and tears started to form in her eyes. Jihoon put his arm around her and pulled her close to his side to comfort her while Bo-Young did her best to keep her tears back. And then there was Seungkwan.

 

“Here.” Mi-Cha handed him a napkin to wipe his tears.

 

“Soo Min was pretty special to everyone, wasn’t she?” Seokmin asked around the table. They had to agree, in some shape or form, she meant something to each of them.

 

“I’ll give her another week before I go over there and drag her back by the hair.” Mi-Cha said casually, everyone at the table just gawked at her in shock by her comment. “What? I’ll really do it.” She shrugged.

 

“That’s mean!” Ae-Cha whimpered.

 

“So, at least she’d be back! Isn’t that what you want?” She laughed while reaching over to ruffle up her sister’s hair. Maybe Mi-Cha wasn’t as sensitive as everyone else, but they could tell she was missing Soo Min a lot by now.

 

“We probably shouldn’t force her back to Seoul. Maybe she’s happier in Busan?” Seokmin pointed out. “I’m not sure she could come back unless she and Jeonghan were on better terms…”

 

“True.” Jihoon had to agree. It’d probably be difficult and awkward if she came back without making up with Jeonghan. And now that they were thinking about it… were those two really never getting back together? Was it really over?

Zm45RZQUxrHjYXGiqpSngeRs2P6Ntxy1WhYdqoeO

Nightfall came quickly and Jeonghan had finally come out of his shared room to find the living room and kitchen empty. Junhui had stepped out with Mingyu to shop for their late dinner and he figured Won Woo was still in his shared room in a bad mood.

 

He felt bad for his roommates who had to deal with him this week. He sighed to himself while navigating into the kitchen and opened the fridge. He’d make it up to them somehow, but for now, he was going to be stupid one more time. He knelt down and grabbed a few bottles of something before carrying them back to his room. With Junhui and Mingyu out and Won Woo locked up in his room, there was no one to stop him from drinking his pain away with the last of their soju.

Zm45RZQUxrHjYXGiqpSngeRs2P6Ntxy1WhYdqoeO

“Halmoni, can I have some?” Soo Min asked as she was standing in front of the elder’s liquor cabinet. Instantly she saw her grandmother’s expression turn into a pout. “I just wanted to try it.”

 

“But you said you’d never drink…”

 

“I know.”

 

“I don’t think it’s a good idea, sweetie.” The elder warned.

 

“Maybe not.” Soo Min agreed while looking at the cabinet. There was no telling what would happen if she got drunk. All those clichés with people calling up their ex and saying they want them back. Alcohol was a truth serum and she was sure she’d do something stupid like that if she started to drink. But she always heard how it could help you forget the pain, and it made it so tempting. Pain killers wouldn’t be able to take away her heart ache, but alcohol could, right?

 

No… she thought to herself. You don’t need it. It’ll just make it worse. She tried to convince herself not to give in. Why would you even want to forget him, anyway? She could feel that familiar sting in the back of her eyes now.

 

“I’m gonna call it a night and head to bed, alright?” Her grandmother spoke up, snapping Soo Min out of her dejected thoughts.

 

“Oh! Okay, sleep well, Halmoni.” She cleared and gave a small wave.

 

“You too, dear.” The elder gave a small smile before heading to her bedroom, leaving Soo Min alone in the living room in front of the liquor cabinet. Even though she couldn’t be sure, she knew Soo Min wouldn’t give in so easily, she could trust the girl. If she did try it out, maybe she wouldn’t get far from the taste alone. Either way, it would be alright.

 

Staring at the liquor cabinet again, Soo Min reached over to open it and looked at the different alcoholic beverages. The longer she looked at them, the less appealing they became for some reason. Maybe it was because she was forcing herself to imagine the scenarios that were sure to come from drinking tonight. She didn’t want any of it and finally closed the cabinet. She was kind of proud that she didn’t let it get to her. Though she wished there was something that wasn't as dangerous such as alcohol and drugs to help her with her broken heart.

 

Getting up, she turned off the lights around the house before heading to her bedroom and shut the door. She quickly changed out of her clothes into something more comfortable and then fell onto her bed with a dejected sigh. Things are supposed to be getting better, right? Not worse…

 

Just then, her phone buzzed on the night stand and she lifted her head and stared at it, wondering who it was this late at night? No one had been contacting her since she left and she didn’t think they were going to. It was better like this, at least she wouldn’t have to force herself to say something back to them… she’d contact them when she’s ready.

 

She grabbed her phone off her night stand and the screen to see who it was. She had a feeling it’d be Jisoo but was quickly proven wrong and she froze seeing the name displayed in the notification bar.

 

Squirtle

 

Her heart ached as she could see part of the text message in the preview.

 

Squirtle: Soo Min, I miss you. I’m sorry about everything… pleas-

 

She had to tap on the message to see the rest, but it hurt too much to do it. Several more texts were sent to her and each text was similar. He kept saying how sorry he was and how much he missed her. At some point, he started calling her phone. She didn’t answer it of course and then she started getting voicemails.

 

There was only 2 at the moment and she debated if she should listen to them. He wouldn’t know if she did and she wouldn’t have to reply because it wasn’t in real time anymore. It was just a recorded message of his voice… that voice she loves so much.

 

Before she knew it, she opened up the first voice mail. It passed quickly and nothing was said. It was probably because he hung up and tried calling again. The second voicemail, he said something that time.

 

“Soo Min…” he sounded tired and clearly upset. “I’m sorry… please call me back. I need to talk to you, I’m worried about you.”

 

She let out a long sigh as she stared at her phone before it started ringing again. She was tempted to answer it, but she refrained and then another voicemail came.

 

“Soo Min, please answer. I need to talk to you…” something about his voice was off as he spoke. “I’ll keep calling till you answer.” He added and that time she could tell what it was. He was drinking, wasn’t he?

 

“That’s why I chose not to drink.” She frowned as her phone started to ring again. She never answered his call and she stopped listening to his voicemails until the 9th call. After debating about it in her head during the last 8 calls, she decided to answer. She wasn’t going to say anything though…

 

“Soo Min… did you answer?” He asked, sounding a little surprised. “What the heck?” He mumbled away from the phone, as if he was checking to make sure it was right. “Soo Min?”

 

She didn’t say anything like she planned and he sighed. “So you are there… good.” He sounded happy just then and it brought tears to her eyes. He must’ve been miserable this past week because of her yet even though she wasn’t speaking to him on the phone, he was happy she at least answered his call. “Will you just listen to me for a bit?”

 

This time knew she’d have to say something, how else was he going to know she agreed… what if he didn’t get the hint and waited? “Okay.” She barely said.

 

“Soo Min…” his voice was already getting shaky from his emotions and she realized maybe this was a bad idea. “I love you.” It hurt, it hurt because she wanted to say it back. “I know this is my fault, I understand… I was getting selfish and ridiculous with my feelings, I never wanted you to feel like our relationship wasn’t working. I was being stupid. I let my past relationship control me, I’m sorry.” She could hear how sincere he was despite a few of his words being slurred due to the alcohol. Perhaps he wasn’t that kind of drunk who spews out nonsense. Then again, the alcohol probably hadn’t taken its full effect on him yet. “If you come back, I promise to work harder on being a better boyfriend.” He said after a few seconds of silence.

 

Now came the difficult part. Even if he promised that… she didn’t feel like it was as easy as simply making a promise. She was one of those people who believed if something happened once, it could happen again. “Soo Min?”

 

“I’m sorry.” She said in response. “I do love you, Jeonghan, but I just don’t belong in Seoul.” It was hard for her to say because she really missed Jisoo and all his friends...

 

It was so silent on the phone she almost thought he hung up on her. What she said was probably what he didn’t want to hear and she knew that.

 

“I’ll come to you, then.” He finally said after a minute or so.

 

“What?” She didn’t expect that kind of answer.

 

“I love you, Chae Soo Min, I love you to the moon and back…” he said with all his emotions. “I’d do anything for you to be mine again, even if I have to move to Busan, I’ll do it.”

 

“Don’t do that.” She frowned. “Don’t move just because of me. You have your family and friends in Seoul let alone you’re still attending the university there. Transferring and is such a pain, it’s not worth it.”

 

“I don’t care! You’re worth it.” He protested. “I worked my off to catch you and I’m not going to let you slip away that easily. You are my Pikachu and my everything. I need you…” his voice was growing week with each word, a clear sign he was about to pass out. “I need you in my life, Soo Min…”

 

She couldn’t hold her tears back anymore, she was moved by his words. “Jeonghan…”

 

He stopped replying and she could only assume he passed out. Well at least he was sleeping now, right? She ended the call and stared at her phone for a while, playing back his words in her head. I really did make a mistake. Talking with Jeonghan tonight was difficult, it was clear he had been drinking and that only made her feel worse. To think he was drinking because of her, she didn’t like that. But then again, she had also thought about trying out some alcohol, her excuse was that she was curious but in truth, it was a cliché. Drink your heartache away.

 

What am I going to do? She thought before putting her phone away. It was time to call it a night, but even though she was lying in bed, ready for sleep, she knew it wasn’t going to come. Her mind was too cluttered with thoughts about Jeonghan… how could she sleep now? Are you going to remember what you said in the morning? She didn’t sleep at all that night.

Zm45RZQUxrHjYXGiqpSngeRs2P6Ntxy1WhYdqoeO

Waking up the next morning, Jeonghan groaned at the headache pounding in his head and he noticed the empty bottles of soju on his bed and floor. Damn… Scanning the room, he noticed Junhui wasn’t in his bed and that made him look for the time, 1:45pm. He knocked out for a long time, didn’t her? What happened last night? He was sure something happened last night judging by how much he drank. Then he paused… Did I call her last night?

 

Quickly, he reached for his phone to see he did make calls out to Soo Min and immediately regretted drinking so much. He wondered what he said to her, or if she even answered, he really couldn’t remember anything! Never again! He frowned while getting out of bed to clean up his mess. He swore he was never going to drink alone. Because he couldn’t remember anything from last night, he was nervous about what he did or said.

 

Leaving his shared room to throw away the empty soju bottles, he noticed Junhui and Mingyu on the couch talking about something. They saw him emerge from the room and immediately directed their attention to him. “Jeonghan?” Junhui asked from his seat.

 

“What?” He muttered his reply, holding his aching head.

 

“I know you were in our room most of the time, but do you have any idea where Won Woo is?”

 

“Won Woo?” Jeonghan frowned. The two hadn’t talked since last week and they were on such bad terms, the mere mention of his name was enough to make him feel bad. He hoped the guy didn’t run off and disappear like Soo Min. “No.”

 

“I’m so worried.” Mingyu said in a shaky voice. “He and I fought last night when I was trying to comfort him… do you think he ran away?”

 

“It doesn’t look like he took his stuff with him…”

 

“Then was he kidnapped?!” Mingyu looked incredibly worried now.

 

“He didn’t leave a note-...” the last word barely came out of Jeonghan’s lips as memory of last week played out. They had found food and a note on the table of Soo Min’s farewell. Would Won Woo really do the same thing? He was getting worried now, too. Poor Mingyu looked like he was about to break down in tears as Junhui tried to comfort him. “Did you tell anyone else that he’s missing?”

 

“No, we just noticed he’s been gone almost all day. We thought maybe he went out to get something to eat but he never came back and hasn’t been answering our texts or calls?”

 

This was strange, now they really feared Won Woo was kidnapped or something… The more he thought about it, his headache got worse and he was feeling really awful right about now. He wasn’t nauseous like he thought he would be, but he definitely was feeling weak. He started to get an uneasy feeling in the pit of his stomach and tried to navigate closer to the couch so he could hold onto something before he falls, but he was too late and down he went onto the ground.

 

“Jeonghan!” Junhui shouted while jumping up to help. He thought maybe he tripped or lost his balance but seeing how pale his face was, the loss of color in his lips… that fact he was totally knocked out. “… I think he hit his head on the floor!”

 

“What do we do?” Mingyu jumped up to join them on the floor. “We have to take him to the hospital!” Junhui was in agreement before they worked together on picking the unconscious Jeonghan up and made their way out of their shared apartment after gathering the things necessary for the trip.

Zm45RZQUxrHjYXGiqpSngeRs2P6Ntxy1WhYdqoeO

“That’s fine, halmoni, don’t worry.” Soo Min said on the phone before a few more words were exchanged and then she hung up. Her grandmother had called to say she wouldn’t be home again for a while and Soo Min assured her it was fine, because it really was. She liked being alone now. At least she wasn’t worrying anyone with her dejected self. She wasn’t able to smile like she used to, she just looked sad all the time now. But just then she got a chill accompanied by an uneasy feeling, like something bad just happened and she could sense it. What is it?

 

Coming up to her grandmother’s house from her walk in the park, she noticed someone standing at the front door ringing the doorbell. They were dressed in black and she was confused. Who could that be? She slowed down to examine the person first before approaching them. She was worried if it was someone dangerous. Could that be why I felt like that just now? Before she could further judge the unknown person, he turned slightly to scan the area and she was shocked to identify the person as Won Woo. What is he doing here?!

 

Knowing she shouldn’t keep hiding, she finally approached him at the door. She didn’t call out his name because she didn’t have to, he could sense her and turned around. His expression wasn’t friendly at all and it didn’t look like he was too happy to see her and she understood that. His sharp eyes were locked on her and it was quiet. It was like this for a few minutes and she had to look away because she felt terrible of course!

 

Then he finally spoke. “Hey…” she slowly looked back over to him, his expression still remained the same. He lifted his hand and motioned for her to come to him. She was hesitant at first but complied with his request. Once she was close enough, he continued.  “I came to get my wings back.” He said before pulling her into a tight hug.

 

She was shocked before quickly returning his hug and buried her face into his chest, she would have cried if only she didn’t run out of tears. She didn’t think it’d be possible but in this moment she was convinced since no matter how terrible the sting in the back of her eyes was, no tears fell. Instead, she could feel any strength she had before this vanish and she fell against him. Won Woo should have been shocked and panicked but he knew from the moment he saw her that she hadn’t been taking care of herself that well.

 

He was thankful that she conveniently had her grandmother’s house key in her hand before she fainted. This made it easier to take care of her. After he opened the front door, he carried her inside and looked after her for the rest of the day.


Chapter five~!


 

M7oBik3K90s8i8nwnSBkWT6dFkFtaU7ElXuItK5x

Wah… SooHan are such a mess OTL

g1zgDsqk3MMuYMOT2TUCED7jTtlNjdPjPXFvQF1g

Things are going to be fine, patience aha XD

THIS CHAPTER GOT SO LONG………..

xHZOIt-AblaFuJmuCyLK0rBrHC9VzHZv-qI18Qga

Expect more lengthy chapters? >< I didn’t plan that aha

I suppose I got carried away.

4gTpJzKOrE91e4QCmZnZNRtvQI1sBJMKSymsbpsG

Excuse any errors or typos, I think it’s because I type too fast >.>

YZHgMYwagQhoQaZHNca6N-n_bsnmOq4Vf5ukeVgI

Until next time~!