Chapter 2

"Jeonghan, I choose you!" Part 2

Zm45RZQUxrHjYXGiqpSngeRs2P6Ntxy1WhYdqoeO

It was maybe around 2 am when Soo Min woke up from shifting in her slumber, something that always happens but she usually falls back asleep rather quickly right after. Tonight was different as she remembered Jeonghan was spending the night and she accidentally bumped into him when she to her side that was facing him.

 

“Oh?” She mumbled quietly, barely opening her eyes to see he was lying beside her wide awake. “You’re not sleeping?” She asked when his eyes panned over to her.

 

“I tried.” He gave a small sigh. “Too much on my mind.”

 

“Awh, do you want to talk about it?” She asked, trying to mask the yawn that wanted to escape as she spoke.

 


“No, that’s okay. Just go back to sleep.” He smiled, caressing her cheek. “I’ll just go get something to drink in the kitchen. Don’t worry about me, I’m okay.” He added, getting up to crawl off the bed.

 

“Are you sure?” She mumbled, rolling back onto her other side just as he knelt down by the bed.

 

“Yeah, just go back to sleep.” He said softly, reaching up to her hair in gentle , it was enough to make her obey his wish. He took a minute to admire her peaceful sleeping face before finally getting up and leaving the bedroom. During that time, Jisoo had woken up and overheard the two on the other side of the room. Feeling worried about his friend, he got out of bed and followed Jeonghan, hoping they could talk.

 

“Sorry, did I wake you when I left the room?” Jeonghan apologized when Jisoo came to sit with him on the couch.

 

“No, I woke up before that.” Jisoo shook his head. “It’s fine, though.”

 

“Did you come out here for something?”

 

“I overheard you two… I’m worried so I came out to see if you wanted to talk with me?”

 

“Aren’t you tired, though?” Jeonghan frowned, tomorrow, or well later today was a big day since it was Seungcheol’s birthday. He didn’t want Jisoo to lose sleep over his troubles… today wasn’t about him.

 

“A little, but not enough to ignore a friend in need.” Jisoo gave him a kind smile. “You need sleep, too, so let’s talk it out. Maybe you’ll be able to sleep afterwards?”

 

“I don’t know, when I really think about it, it’s kind of stupid. I start to question why I’m getting so upset lately.” Jeonghan said after a short silence between them. He chose to talk about it.

 

“Upset about what, exactly?”

 

“About my entire relationship with Soo Min.” There was a hint of sadness in his tone. “It’s worrying me. She’s so precious but I don’t think I’m good enough for her…”

 

“Why do you think that?” Jisoo frowned. He wasn’t understanding why he’d feel like that.

 

“I’m her first real relationship and it just so happens I had to be screwed over by an ex girlfriend and now issues are coming up. I know it’s normal that boyfriends get jealous sometimes over their girlfriend being around other guys but lately I get really irritated. I get so jealous that I’m literally mad at Won Woo for being so close with her. I get mad that you share a room with her. I get mad that the others get to spend more time with her while I’m away at work…” Jisoo just listened to Jeonghan as he vented, he had a feeling that’s what’s been going on with his friend. “Earlier, Soo Min brought up how Mi Young cheated on me… and how maybe that ruined my trust. I know Soo Min would never betray me, but that feeling… I just can’t help it. It’s probably why I’m getting so jealous and I hate it because I don’t want to feel like this.”

 

“It’s okay. I suppose you really hadn’t coped with how things went down with Mi Young two years ago. Maybe you really haven’t gotten over it… running into the girl probably didn’t help as much but I’m sure Soo Min will be patient with you and help you get through it.”

 

“I just don’t want to hurt her.” Jeonghan said with a frustrated sigh. “I don’t want her to end up hating me if I become this jealous controlling boyfriend who won’t let her see her friends because they’re guys. Already I’m dreading our plans with her sister and Ren… the guy she used to be in love with.”

 

“I’d feel bothered about that if Bo-Young was hanging around a guy she used to like, too.” Jisoo admitted.

 

“I’m a mess… I’m such a mess now.” He sat forward, resting his face into his hands. “What am I going to do? I don’t feel like I’m doing a great job at being her boyfriend, all she ever does is worry about me now… I don’t like it.”

 

“What are you going to do about it? You’re not going to break up with her, are you?” There was pure worry in Jisoo’s voice as he watched Jeonghan sigh once more. Judging by the way their conversation was going, it seemed to be leading up to that solution.

 

“I remember the time Soo Min told me she was a mess and that I should move on and find somebody else…”

 

“But you stuck around until she accepted you.” Jisoo tried to say positively. “And now it’s her turn to stick around and wait for you to accept her, right? I know it’s not exactly the same, but you get what I’m saying, hopefully?”

 

“I do.” He nodded. “Thanks… I guess I need to be stronger. I’ve already cried in front of her twice, now. Not saying that’s a bad thing but I hate how it upsets her… I don’t want to be the source of her sadness, ever.” Jeonghan sat back in his seat before looking up at the ceiling. “I just wanted to be the reason she laughs and smiles… that’s all I ever wanted was to be the reason she’s happy.”

 

“And you still can be.” Jisoo reached over and patted him on the shoulder. “No relationship is perfect, remember that. You’ll go through ups and downs in any relationship… it’s those ups and downs that make your bond stronger, so don’t let fear drive you away, face it head on.”

 

“Right.” At Jisoo’s positive words a smile soon reached Jeonghan’s lips. “Thanks… I needed that.”

 

“No problem. Growing up with Soo Min, it goes without saying she’s special to me, like a little sister I never got to have. With you as her boyfriend, of course I’d make sure things are okay with your relationship and my best friend. You’re also my best friend, I have to make sure you’re okay too, regardless!” His words made Jeonghan laugh, he found it cute how Jisoo seemed so worried when he came to talk to him moments ago.  

 

“Yes, a good husband always makes sure his wife is okay.” He grinned.

 

“Exactly!” Jisoo chuckled. “Do you feel better now? We should try to go back to sleep.”

 

“I do. You were right.” Jeonghan nodded before getting up from his seat. “We should go and try to sleep, there’s still a few more hours before the chaos starts.”

 

“Then let’s go. You’ll have to sleep with me, though. Best we didn’t wake our wife up a second time.”

 

“Yah, who said I would share my wife with you?” Jeonghan pouted, nudging him as they were heading back to the bedroom. “You’re sleeping in the dog house aka the floor, now.”

 

“As long as you get your beauty sleep, baby.” Jisoo grinned. Jeonghan just snickered before they entered the room.

Zm45RZQUxrHjYXGiqpSngeRs2P6Ntxy1WhYdqoeO

Once 9am rolled around later that morning, Soo Min stood at Jisoo’s bedside looking down at the two sleeping on Jisoo’s bed. Jeonghan was tangled up in Jisoo’s arms and legs and it just warmed her little fangirl heart. At least he found comfort somewhere else. She thought while admiring the two. She may or may have not woken up a second time after all and heard their conversation in the living room.

 

She had no idea that’s how he had been feeling and it just reminded her of what she said to Won Woo yesterday. Communication is everything in a relationship. Of course she understood that he didn’t want to keep her up when she should be sleeping… but even so, when was he going to tell her all of that? She wondered if he was going to bring it up to her soon despite already hearing it.

 

“Everything will be okay, Squirtle.” She said in a soft whisper before bending down far enough to plant a sweet his to his lips. Because of the position her boyfriend was in, her head bumped into Jisoo’s chin, causing him to stir in his sleep. Then it was a chain of reactions and eventually Jeonghan started to wake up, too! Soo Min rushed back to her bed, trying to pretend she was asleep but the gasp and sudden thud had her turning to see Jisoo on the ground.

 

“Did you kiss me?!” Jeonghan exclaimed in horror, wiping at his mouth. Soo Min covered to hold back the massive laughter that wanted to come out. He thinks Jisoo kissed him?! Oh my god!

 

“No! I didn’t do anything!” Jisoo exclaimed, a serious look of confusion on his face. When Jeonghan narrowed his eyes at him, he continued to defend himself. “I seriously didn’t do anything! I swear!”


“Must’ve dreamt about Bo-Young… I get I’m pretty, but seriously!”

 

By now, Soo Min couldn’t contain her laughter anymore. The two looked over at her, wondering why she was laughing just then. “I’m the one who kissed you, oh my god!” She said between laughs, wiping at the tears that were spilling from her eyes, it was just too funny! “If Jisoo kissed you, I might have died, the feels!”

 

“Yah~!” Jeonghan threw Jisoo’s pillow at her. “For a second I really thought he kissed me!”

 

“Awh, are you disappointed now?” Jisoo teased.

 


“Shut up!” He threw the other pillow at his friend on the floor. “This is the last time I sleep over!”

 

“Awwwww~!” Both Jisoo and Soo Min frowned.

 

“Stop!” Jeonghan looked away, covering his ears, his face had turned beet red by now from the embarrassment!

 

“What’s with all the yelling in here?” Suddenly Hansol said tiredly at the bedroom door, rubbing at one of his eyes. He noticed Jeonghan blushing on Jisoo’s bed, the owner of it on the ground laughing as his pillow was on the floor next to him. Soo Min was also laughing on her bed.

 

“Nothing!” Jeonghan jumped off of Jisoo’s bed. “I’m going home!”

 

“Wait!” The other two exclaimed trying to chase after him.

 

“I have to go and change, I’ll be at the party later!” He shouted as he ran to the door. When he opened it, he saw Chan standing there, ready to knock on the door while Soonyoung and Seungcheol stood behind him looking startled that he was there.

 

“Mom?!” Chan beamed, giving the older a hug.

 

“You’re here early?” Soonyoung asked before noticing the major blush on his face. “What were you doing?” He peeked over his shoulder to see Jisoo and Soo Min coming over to the door, giggling here and there.

 

“Nothing! We didn’t do anything!” Jeonghan exclaimed. “I gotta go!” He added, patting Chan on the shoulder before running out of the apartment.

 

“What’s with him?” Seungcheol frowned, a little worried but judging by the laugher on the other two’s faced, it was probably nothing to fret about.

 

“He’s just embarrassed.” Soo Min assured them before pulling them inside. “Sorry, we don’t have breakfast ready yet, but we’ll get started on it right away!”

 

“We’ll make something special, for the birthday boy.” Jisoo smiled as the three came inside. “What would you like, Mr. Choi?”

Zm45RZQUxrHjYXGiqpSngeRs2P6Ntxy1WhYdqoeO

“Just getting in?” Junhui asked as Jeonghan came through the front door, leaning back on it, still flustered from earlier.

 

“Did you run home?” Won Woo asked, taking note of his flushed cheeks.

 

“No, it’s just really hot outside…”

 

“But it’s morning?” Mingyu blurted out.

 

“I’m… going this way.” Jeonghan pointed to his shared room and quickly headed over, ignoring their curious stares as he passed them.

 

“Did something happen?” Mingyu wondered.

 

“Probably, he’s so flustered.” Won Woo pointed out. “Maybe he and Soo Min finall-ow~!”

 

“Don’t just assume that.” Junhui scolded him, smacking him upside the head. “Perhaps he just embarrassed himself? We don’t know.”

 

“Okay, Mr. Know-it-all.” Won Woo pouted, rubbing the sore spot on his head.

 

“Awh, my poor baby, did he hit you too hard?”

 

“Yah! Don’t call me baby! How many times have I tol-... I’m going this way!” Won Woo got up and headed to their shared room. The two remaining in the living room laughed. Those two were cute when embarrassed!

 

After a short while, Jeonghan emerged from the bedroom and told them he was going to take a quick shower since they were going to head over to Seungkwan’s place to help prepare for Seungcheol’s party. They’ve been celebrating everyone’s birthday at the Boo Castle-er… Mansion-er… house, since it was so huge and there was a lot they could do there.

 

Not even five minutes later, Soo Min showed up with breakfast for him and his roommates!

 

“If you’re looking for Squirtle, he’s in the shower.” Won Woo informed her as Junhui accepted the food from her, he and Mingyu left to the kitchen to plate it while leaving the two to talk in the living room. “He came home looking pretty flustered… you didn’t happen to have anything to do with it, did you?”

 

“Maybe.” She chuckled when his eyes when wide. “It’s a funny story.”

 

“Well, tell me.” He crossed his arms, looking curious.

 

“No.” She shook her head.

 

“No? Why not?!” He pouted.

 

“Sorry, just…” there was a sad smile on her lips and his pouting turned into a look of worry.

 

“Are you two fighting as well?” He asked quietly.

 

“No… but,” she shook her head quickly, “I’m not sure how to say this…”

 

“I don’t date Pikachus?” He tried to joke but her expression seemed so sad. “What’s wrong?”

 

“Jeonghan’s dealing with some issues from his past break up… and I overheard him talking with Jisoo last night. I’m not really gonna go into detail about it yet but unless he tells you directly, I’ll tell you another time.”

 

“You’re making me worry, now.” He muttered.

 

“Sorry.” She gave a weak laugh. “And also… sorry for this, too,” she added, “but… I think you and I need to keep our distance for a little while. Some of his issues has to do with you and I being so close with each other and I just don’t want him to get upset if we keep meeting up when he doesn’t like it.” Seeing the look on Won Woo’s face broke her heart a little.

 

“But…” he barely said. He didn’t like this piece of news… what she was telling him was almost like they couldn’t be friends anymore. That was a bit dramatic to think, though… he couldn’t help it. Soo Min was someone he’s come to really trust and find comfort in when he was dealing with coming out, to talking about his parents. He had decided to take Mingyu to his parents sometime next week, or sooner… he actually needed her right now.

 

“I know it’s not his intention to interfere in our friendship but I really don’t want him constantly upset about it either. It’d probably only be for a little bit, anyways…”

 

“I was going to take Mingyu to my parents soon.” His eyes panned down to the coffee table in front of them. “I felt a little more confident in doing so because I knew you’d be supporting me on the side…”

 

“And I’ll still be supporting you, don’t worry!” She tried to assure him, but it didn’t work.

 

“What if it goes wrong? What if they don’t react the way I’m hoping for… Who’s going to be there for me besides Mingyu?”

 


“You have the others, right?” She frowned. Was he putting too much trust into her? Relying on her too much?

 

“Right.” He nodded, his tone flat.

 

“Won Woo?” She asked, worried that he was upset. “Are you mad?”

 

“No. Of course not.” He said in that same flat tone, not even making eye contact with her.

 

“The food’s ready.” Junhui said from the kitchen entrance. Won Woo got up without another word and headed to his shared room instead. “Where did he go?” He asked, seeing Soo Min staring at the Meanie Couple’s closed bedroom door. “Soo Min? What’s wrong?”

 

“Oh!” She snapped out of it and stood up. “Ah, I think I forgot something at home. I was going to head to Seungkwan’s with you four but I think I’ll just go with Jisoo and the others.”

 

“Why? What happened?” Suddenly Mingyu came into the conversation. He could tell something was up by the way she was acting.

 

“Nothing. Don’t worry about it.” She forced a small smile. “I’ll see you guys at the party!” She said with a wave before leaving out the front door, leaving the two standing in the kitchen entrance with worried looks.

 

“Something happened.” Junhui frowned.

Zm45RZQUxrHjYXGiqpSngeRs2P6Ntxy1WhYdqoeO

 

“Noona, are you okay?” Chan asked when she returned to Jisoo’s apartment, a somewhat dejected expression on her face.

 

“I’m fine, don’t worry.” She forced a small smile before noticing everyone was getting ready to head to Seungkwan’s place. “I forgot something, I’ll… be right back.” She muttered while headed to Jisoo’s room. He friends watched her with worry on their faces.

 

“Do you think something happened when she went to drop the food off at Jeonghan’s place?” Soonyoung asked by the door. Jisoo frowned at that question and immediately went to his room to talk to Soo Min. Did Jeonghan say something to her?

 

When he got to his room, he saw her sitting on her bed with that same dejected look, staring at the floor.

 

“Honey?” He knocked on the door.

 

“Oh, sorry, I guess I was spacing out?” Soo Min snapped out of it, getting up and looking around to see if she could grab something that’d make her excuse of leaving something behind more believable.

 

“Something wrong?” He asked, shutting the door behind himself so they could talk in private.

 

“No.” She shook her head a little too quickly. “We should head over to Seungwkan’s now, right?”

 

“No, we can catch up to the others.” He said, coming up to her and resting a hand on her shoulder, gesturing for her to sit down. “It’s clear that something is bothering you…”

 

“It’s Seungcheol’s birthday, let’s not take the focus away from him…”

 

“But I know he’s going to worry about you. I’m not sure if you noticed before that he worries about everyone all that time. He’s always looking out for his friends and you’re his friend now. He’s going to notice…  why don’t you tell me what’s bothering you so you don’t bottle it up inside. You should have a good time at the party later… if you can vent a little, maybe you’ll feel better?”

 

She sat there and thought about it for a moment. She should tell him about what just happened at Jeonghan’s apartment, but then she realized… she didn’t want to tell him she eavesdropped on his conversation with Jeonghan last night. She couldn’t help it, it wasn’t like they were whispering honestly. She was pretty sure the kids probably heard too, if they were awake.

 

“I’m okay.” She gave another forced smile. “If I talk about it now, then… I’m not sure I can go to the party.” She added before getting up and headed to exit the bedroom. “We should go now.”

 

Jisoo sat on her bed, looking at her with a slight disappointed look. He supposed he couldn’t force her to tell him… he just hoped that the party would go smoothly from here on out.


Chapter two!

 


 

_0M5F2fG_bq9ChwqvrWeELJ1S8rC6QDcJBHasw8j

Yeah… sorry.

I dunno what it is with me and drama lately haha

I love drama? Only in fiction! HAHA

BqepoYZzJKvRYSd1rybFavQkMhZ8M50v93KxvAuW

Real life, just… please, no.

Anyway…

hZ1afDco2keiS-vU1uouuNMT88BjjOckGyZ9hlZz

Jisoo’s worried about his Honey…

C7bd77MT-Lh5AnmcFVAMOyRC4QK3jMz0eInwcmkF

It’s supposed to be Seungcheol’s bday, but now we got drama…

Sorry Coups.

lzoJlcOlMLa1crnsGFRKsvj5dAuH9t7X4sVg0cRX

Seungcheol: It’s okay…

UzIi1fCdglkWZav7yE-0ir0taZ--_Y0sSKSC8cKE

Won Woo is mad… OTL

tf3rmzy0jBcpwYTydOcZeMKcLEZ2J6V_p33hNbKt

Aish, just a whole lot of drama!

oOpfjZqxOTJlMJ-wqrOiznh_Ob3SLYC8X5lNQBZw

I wanna say sorry for not updating this fic as much, I’m only one writer and it when I update other fics more than a particular one but THANKS to everyone who is so patient with me. I’m trying to update all my fics as much as I can.

UNP2-vv0F5-umW5l3F0AIUh3oUDOmEu_6j1TNrFg

Until next time(which is hopefully really soon~!)