Chapter 10

"Jeonghan, I choose you!" Part 2

“So we tied.” Soo Min muttered while staring at their scores. She really thought she was going to lose for a second… and then though Jeonghan was going to win for a second… but they ended up tied.

 

“What does this mean?” Jeonghan was curious. “We both won?”

 

“Is that how it works?” She laughed at his hopeful expression. “I suppose we should rock, paper, scissors?”

 

“Really?” He frowned. “But you at that game.”

 

“I won against you last time!” She pouted. That was true, but it was because he let her win.

 

“Right. You did.” He gave a weak chuckle. Do I just let her win again? He was conflicted. He knew they made bets at the beginning of their game and he was positive they were serious bets, too. If he lost, he would stay with her until Monday morning, and if he won, she would return to Seoul with him. It’s been such a challenge to get her to go back, she’s been so stubborn about it, he wanted to believe she was serious when she agreed to that bet, but a part of him worried about if she only said that in the moment and would take it back if she truly lost? He didn’t want to think negatively and doubt her but what could he do given the situation at hand. It’s worth a try.

 

“Ready?” She asked and got into position to play the game. He nodded. “If I win, you stay until Monday. And if you win…” she hesitated. I knew it. “I’ll go back to Seoul with you. Deal?”

 

Jeonghan was going to agree and play the game, but he felt too guilty now. “No, that’s okay.” He dropped his hands to his side. “I’ll stay with you until Monday. You don’t have to go back to Seoul.”

 

“What? What’s wrong?” She frowned at his dejected expression. “Why are you being like that?”

 

“Because…” he sighed, “are we really going to let a game decide our actions?”

 

“But…” she didn’t expect him to get upset so suddenly. “I’m sorry.”

 

“No, it’s fine.” He assured her and turned away so he could collect himself. “I just… don’t think it’s fair to play games like this with our feelings included. You should know I still love you, and I want you to come back to Seoul and for things to be better again, letting that be decided by a game of rock, paper, scissors seems stupid and even cruel.”

 

“I didn’t think of it that way.” She admitted and lowered her head. “I agree with you. I’m sorry, again.” There was a short silence between them and she felt guilty about it. “Should we head back?”

 

“Sure.” He said softly and followed her out of the arcade. The playful mood that was going before was long gone and now it was just tense between them. Soo Min didn’t know how to fix it right now and really thought about it on the walk to the exit.

 

“Want to get some ice cream?” She asked when they made it outside. The sun was just a few hours away from setting and there was still dinner to eat, but she thought they could have a snack before then.

 

“And spoil our dinner?” He asked with a hint of a chuckle. “Sure.” That made her smile and she led the way.

Zm45RZQUxrHjYXGiqpSngeRs2P6Ntxy1WhYdqoeO

After obtaining their ice cream cones from the ice cream truck at the park, they took a seat on the bench to eat before it melts. It was still quiet between them and she stole a few glances at Jeonghan who seemed to be lost in thoughts while slowly his ice cream. He seemed sad and bothered and she knew it had to be from what happened back at the arcade. I don’t like seeing him like this. She could feel an ache in her heart. I know I’m the problem here. She knew all of this was her fault. She just didn’t know why she couldn’t bring herself to fix it. Why am I so stubborn about going back? It’s not like anyone will attack me for what happened… well maybe Mi-Cha, but that’s besides the point. She let out a quiet sigh and stared down at her own ice cream. Recalling what Jeonghan said at the arcade echoed in her mind.

 

“You should know I still love you.”

 

I still love him too, I made it clear, didn’t I? She continued to think about it while her ice cream started to melt in her hand, but she was too lost in thought to notice that. I’m being selfish, aren’t I? To love someone, you shouldn’t be so selfish, right? If you love that person, you wouldn’t do things that hurt them, you wouldn’t do things that upset them, you wouldn’t do thing to pain them. If you really loved that person, you’d do what you could to make them happy, right? So what am I doing then? I’m just hurting him all over again. Damn. She’s happy that he came to her when she called and she’s happy to see him again, but she didn’t think about how he was going to feel when he’d have to leave back to Seoul without her. I didn’t know love would hurt like this.

 

She was snapped out of it when she suddenly felt someone wipe a tear from her left cheek. She realized she had started to cry. Jeonghan gave her a sad smile when she looked his way and it only made her heart ache more. He deserves better than this. But I still want him.

 

“Your ice cream is melting.” He pointed out and wiped her hand off with some napkins he stepped away to get when she was deep in thoughts. “Hurry and eat it.” He added.

 

“Okay.” She managed to say and more tears fell while she did so. He thought it was cute, in a sad way. He felt bad for her, he knew she was crying because of him and he wish it didn’t have to be like that. There’s only so much I can do. He thought while he patiently waited for her to finish her ice cream. It only took a minute or so and he handed her another napkin for her to wipe her tear stained cheeks. I can’t make her go back with me, I can’t talk her into it either. If she doesn’t want to go back, so be it. I can’t make her do anything she doesn’t want to do and I have to accept that. If she’s happier here, then I’m happy for her.

 

“Let’s go.” He said after standing up from his spot on the bench. He faced her while she stood and he reached out to fix her side fringe that got caught up in her bangs when she was wiping her eyes. When he was done, his hand caressed the side of her cheek and he gave her a warm smile, hoping it would make her feel better. He felt a sting in the back of his eyes and quickly pulled her forward to give her a tight hug. He didn’t want her to see that right now or else her tears may never stop. Slowly, he felt her wrap her arms around him and pressed her forehead into his left shoulder. They remained like that for a few minutes until Jeonghan was the first to part from her. He managed to stop his tears before they could really start. “C’mon.” He said and held his hand out for her to hold.

 

She took his hand without a second thought and he interlaced his finger with hers before leading the way back to her grandmother’s house. Soo Min didn’t expect him to do that, but was glad he did, she missed holding his hand like that and walking by his side. Can we get back together? She thought and stole a glance over at him, it’s what she wanted to asked but was too chicken to really do it, but he seemed to be in a better mood now than before and she thought it was amusing since now she was the one in a sad and bothered mood.

Zm45RZQUxrHjYXGiqpSngeRs2P6Ntxy1WhYdqoeO

They made it back to the house shortly after and Soo Min decided to make dinner instead of them ordering takeout. She felt like it was the least she could do for putting Jeonghan through so much today. He thought about offering his help, but figured he should leave her alone for a bit since they would definitely be eating together when the food is done. In the time he decided to message the group chat back about the new plan. He mentioned he’d be back on Monday and not to worry about him too much.

 

Right away he was messaged by Jisoo in their one on one chat and he was asking about school. Jeonghan figured he might as well let him know what he decided lately.

 

Jeonghan: I’ve decided to take a break this semester.

 

Jisoo: I see. That’s good, you’ve been so stressed lately, it’s better this way.

 

Jeonghan: Thanks for understanding.

 

They carried on a small chat about Jisoo’s weekend and Bo-Young’s birthday party they missed and already Soo Min was telling him dinner was ready. He told Jisoo he’d text him back later and was going to eat dinner.

 

She had made kimchi jjigae(stew) and Jeonghan was happy since he liked stews more than anything. She was glad to see him happy while eating and they ate in silence, not a tense or awkward silence but a comfortable silence. Because of that, they were done eating within twenty minutes. With dinner done, they weren’t sure what to do next now that the sun had set but the night was still young. Soo Min wanted to suggest they talk, but worried maybe it was too soon to get all emotional again, she didn’t want to stress him out now that he was in a better mood, she’d rather just stay quiet and not stress him out at all. They ended up agreeing on watching a movie before they’d call it a day.

 

Jeonghan picked the movie and Soo Min agreed to watch it and they sat on the couch with space between them. She held onto one of the couch pillows and tried to focus on the movie, but she kept thinking about today’s events. She even thought about the times when Jisoo and Won Woo came to visit, and how she disappointed them and her grandmother when she refused to return to Seoul with them.

 

It’s not that she hates that I’m here, I know she just wants me to be happy again. I know it’s not like she doesn’t want me here either. I really am just being selfish by staying here… maybe she was liking living alone before I came back. She’s had to deal with me the past four years until I made the move to Seoul. I’ve probably overstayed my welcome, huh? That really made her think about it. About going back. Why else would she be so disappointed when I didn’t leave with Won Woo? But she knew it wasn’t in a negative way. Maybe I really should go back. I’d hate to burden her all over again. If she really doesn’t want me here anymore… It sounded harsh but she knew it wasn’t really like that. There was just no other way to say it, honestly. She wondered when her grandmother would return home? Would she walk in right now and be shocked to see Jeonghan here?

 

“The movie’s over.” Jeonghan’s voice snapped her out of it.

 

“Oh.” She looked up and saw the ending credits rolling up the screen. “Nice.”

 

“You weren’t paying attention, were you?” He chuckled. The ending was pretty sad. “Were you think about something?”

 

“Kind of.” She nodded. “I was thinking about the choices I made and how I ended up here.”

 

“I see.” He gave a small smile.

 

“Jeonghan, you can be honest with me.” She said while avoiding eye contact, because it was easier this way and made her less nervous. “Do you think we could really get back together?” She didn’t get an answer right away and she assumed maybe he was just shocked she asked that so suddenly. “Maybe not right away, but in time?”

 

“I think so.” He finally answered. “I would like to.”

 

“Alright.” A smile formed on her lips and she got the courage to look over at him. “Then I’ll be patient. I’ll wait.”

 

“The tables have turned.” He said with a small laugh.

 

“They have.” She agreed with a chuckle of her own. “I know I’ve been selfish lately and I’m sorry. I hope to change that now.”

 

“How have you been selfish?” He frowned.

 

“By being stubborn about going back to Seoul with the others.”

 

“You have your reasons.” He assured her.

 

“Even so, everyone wants me to go back… and I think I do too.” She could tell he was waiting for her to continue and explain herself. “Earlier, when we made those bets at the arcade, I really meant it when I made mine. If you won, I really would go back with you. It’s been so lonely and miserable since I returned to Busan, but I just dealt with it and I didn’t realize that until you came after I called. Seeing you again really made me happy and… thinking about you leaving on Monday makes me sad. I want you to stay, but I know you can’t. You have your life in Seoul to get back to and thinking about that makes me envious because I feel like I have no life here without you.

 

“I get what halmoni was saying now, how I don’t belong here, I belong in Seoul. I’m not happy here anymore and I probably never will be if you’re not here. I don’t mean to make it all about you, but it’s the truth… Without You, I’m not happy. I could be happy again if I go back to Seoul, right?”

 

“Maybe.” He nodded. “I can’t really answer for you, but I would hope you could be.”

 

“I was happy there before, I could be happy there again…” she started to smile. “It all just starts with me.” He nodded and smiled in agreement. “I’ll go back to Seoul, maybe not right now, but I’ll work on going back very soon?”

 

“Sure. Just go at your own pace.” Because he really didn’t want her to force herself into anything. He didn’t want to make her feel guilty about it either. She said she would go back, and that’s all that really mattered right now. He could wait a little longer, his friends could too. If it would make it easy on her, then they could at least do that much.

 

“Alright.” She was able to give a genuine smile this time and he was happy. It really looked like things could work out. “We should get to bed now, right?”

 

“That would be a good idea.” He nodded and turned the TV off. “Tomorrow’s Sunday. Do you have anything planned?”

 

“Nothing in particular… I could just show you around some more?”

 

“That should be fun. Let’s do it.”

 

“Okay, then be sure to rest up a lot, because it will be a long day!” She chuckled when he gave her two thumbs up. “See you in the morning.” She gave a small wave in the doorway of her grandmother’s room. “Goodnight, Squirtle.”

 

“Goodnight, Pikachu.” He said sweetly and also waved before heading off to her room, which was kind of silly, but ignored it. And just like that, they two went straight to bed so they could be up bright and early for their long day of fun.

Zm45RZQUxrHjYXGiqpSngeRs2P6Ntxy1WhYdqoeO

“I guess you didn’t get to meet my grandmother after all.” Soo Min sighed as she and Jeonghan were seated on the living room couch together. It was the next evening now and the two had spent the day doing the same thing they did yesterday, sightseeing and eating out like planned. If she had to be honest, she felt like she gained some weight after that, and that was a good thing. She was eating more… and so was Jeonghan.

 

“That’s okay, there’s also another time.” He assured her before eating a few pieces of popcorn from the large bowl sitting between them. They had such a fun day and were now settling down and relaxing. They were watching a movie together before they’d go to bed. Jeonghan had to be up early to catch that morning bus at 6am tomorrow. He wouldn’t be going in to his shift at Pledis Cafe, but he’d at least be home in time for Pledis Pizza. He was going to quit the cafe anyway, he still hadn’t after telling Jisoo he would, but it was hard. He really didn’t want to quit if he had to be honest…

 

“Will you visit me again next weekend?” She asked with a hopeful smile. Because they talked about how she wouldn’t be returning back to Seoul with him tomorrow morning in the end, though she would in the near future, but for now she would be staying in Busan. But at least he did his best, even though it was bittersweet. He’d be sure to challenge her and win next time to see who really is the best at basketball.

 

“I can try.” He nodded and smiled at her. “I bet Won Woo will want to come with me.”

 

“True.” She chuckled at that. She had told Won Woo about what happened Friday night and why Jeonghan had gone missing. Won Woo was surprised but happy. She worried about him, from the way they parted on Friday. She could tell he was probably still mad, since he wasn’t texting her as often like he did before, but she had to consider maybe he was busy with work and preparing for college. He was also probably busy with Mingyu, she was sure that giant missed him terribly while he was away. My poor Wingman... She thought to herself with a sad smile. I hope you’re not wingless for long. Because she did plan to go back to Seoul, she just wasn’t sure when. Suddenly, she heard the dryer buzzer go off in the back of the elder’s house. “Oh, I think your clothes are done.” She said before getting up to head to the laundry room. Since Jeonghan only brought three changes of clothes, he had to get them washed so he’d have something clean to wear tomorrow.

 

She pulled them out of the dryer and happily folded them neatly into a small stack so he could easily pack the outfit he doesn’t wear. After she was done folding them, she headed to her room where his suitcase was but stopped on the way there when she saw Jeonghan sitting on the couch still eating the popcorn and enjoying the movie on the screen. This felt strange, but in a good way. It almost felt like they were living together and she had just finished doing his laundry for work the next morning. Gosh, why are you thinking like that all of a sudden?! She thought to herself before hurrying to put his clothes away.

 

When she returned to the couch, she stayed quiet and kept having those thoughts in her head. Since her grandmother wasn’t home, it was just her and Jeonghan. The house was small and seemed perfect for a young couple like them, though… they weren’t a couple anymore. That put a frown on her face. She wondered what was going to happen between them now?

 

When he leaves, what happens then?

 

Sure, they agreed to start over and even talked about their feelings, how she still wanted to be with him and how he still wanted to be with her. But they were still broken up after it all. I know we should give it some time… she thought with her stare locked onto him. He hadn’t noticed her yet. I just want to be with him again… maybe she was feeling a bit impatient and she chuckled at herself, it was like he said, the tables were turned now.

 

Jeonghan was wanting a relationship with her when they first started showing interest in each other but she didn’t feel ready and made him wait. She supposed it was Jeonghan’s turn to make her wait, but she understood that. I hurt him really bad. I guess I wouldn’t be surprised if he really didn’t want to get back together even though he told me he would like to get back together in time. He was probably just being nice and didn’t want to hurt my feelings… He’s probably afraid something like that would happen again. I’m the one who ran off when things got tough, maybe I’d do it again. She felt bad. She felt really bad. I’m so sorry.

 

“What’s wrong?” His voice snapped her out of it and she realized she had started to cry.

 

“Ah, nothing! Don’t worry about it!” She turned away and quickly wiped her tears. She could hear him sit up and put the bowl of popcorn down on the coffee table and faced her. He was probably worried and wasn’t going to let it go. “I’m sorry.” She apologized.

 

“What for?” He frowned. She sounded so upset.

 

“For hurting you so much.”

 

“It’s okay. I already forgave you for that.” He said calmly.

 

“I know, but… I don’t know if I can forgive myself.” She cried. That broke his heart. He wasn’t sure what to say in reply and instead, opted to give her a side hug to comfort her. They sat like that for a few minutes until she started to calm down. His touch was helping.

 

“Are you feeling better?” He asked after letting go.

 

“I am… thanks.” She smiled with a small sniffle. It was interesting how only his affection was enough to calm her down instead of words. “Sorry, the movie is over now.” She frowned when she saw the credits rolling on the screen.

 

“Don’t worry about it.” He chuckled. “The movie wasn’t that good anyway.” He added before turning the TV off. “Time for bed then.” He added and got up before extending his hand out toward her.

 

“Huh?” She asked and looked up at him.

 

“I know it might not seem appropriate right now… but I’d like it if you lied down with me for a bit. What do you think?” He gave a worried smile. He still seemed concerned for her.

 

“Sure.” She nodded and took his hand. He smiled and helped her up before leading her to her room where he had been sleeping the past two nights. For some reason she wasn’t getting nervous or flustered like she used to when it came to lying in bed with him, instead… she was happy that he invited her to join him, because she had been feeling pretty lonely these past few days when she was in her grandmother’s room alone.

 

“Can I ask you something?” Jeonghan asked while he was on his left side, facing her.

 

“Yeah?” She nodded.

 

“What you said yesterday, it was the truth, right? You will come back to Seoul?” His voice was soft and his eyes were full of curiosity.

 

“Yes.” She nodded again. “I want to.”

 

“Then, why don’t you come back with me tomorrow morning?” He asked with a sad smile. “What’s the problem?”

 

“I’m just nervous. I don’t know why.” She sighed and closed her eyes. “I know you said everyone doesn’t hate me and that they understand, but I still feel so guilty for leaving them like that. And I hurt their friend, so badly…”

 

“Then, should I bring one of them with me each time I visit?” He suggested and she opened her eyes again with a shocked look. “I can do that if you want…”

 

“No, I wouldn’t want to burden them when school will be starting.” She reluctantly shook her head. But she did think that would have been a good idea if the circumstances were different.

 

“School…” he sighed and closed his eyes this time. “I really don’t want to go this semester.”

 

“Really?”

 

“There’s too much going on…” he admitted. “Last semester was chaotic.”

 

“Wow, college doesn’t sound that great.” She said with a sad laugh.

 

“Depends on if you take too many classes at once like I did.” He snickered and opened his eyes. He could see her innocent expression and smiled.

 

“I see.” She nodded. “I think I’m going to wait until Spring.” She added.

 

“Will you attend here or in Seoul?”

 

“Seoul.” She said like it was a definite answer and that made him happy. So maybe he wouldn’t be that upset if she didn’t go with him tomorrow morning. At least he knew she’d come back eventually, even though that was about four months away. He could wait. He waited before, he’d wait again. When she yawned, he chuckled.


“You should sleep.” He suggested.

 

“But I don’t want to leave yet.” She pouted.

 

“You don’t have to.” He assured her with a sweet smile. “You can stay in here, if you want.” He could see how much she liked that. “Goodnight, Pikachu.”

 

“Goodnight, Squirtle.” She hummed before closing her eyes with a happy smile on her lips. He watched her with a happy smile of his own before he eventually fell asleep, too.

Zm45RZQUxrHjYXGiqpSngeRs2P6Ntxy1WhYdqoeO

The next morning, Jeonghan woke up and found Soo Min in his arms cuddled up against his chest. It brought a smile to his face and he lightly placed a kiss to the top of her head before he looked for the time. 11:34am. “!” He almost shouted and that caused Soo Min to stir in her sleep.

 

“What?” She asked after her eyes fluttered open and she noticed the position they were in. “Sorry!” She sat up quickly and scooted away. “Don’t be upset!”

 

“No, it’s not that.” He assured her before holding up his phone with the time on it.

 

“Oh crap!” They slept in. He should have been awake about six hours ago at 5am so he could catch the bus at 6am. The alarm Jeonghan set did go off, but they supposed they were so comfortable and sleeping well that it went unnoticed.

 

“What am I going to do…” he muttered and started to look for the bus schedule to see when the bus would be leaving again. 11am. “Damn.” The next bus wouldn’t leave until around 2pm.

 

“I’m sorry!” Soo Min apologized again and he laughed.

 

“It’s okay, it’s not your fault.”

 

“Bu-”

 

“Don’t worry about it. It can’t be helped.” He cut her off before she could say anything else. “Maybe it’s fate trying to keep us together?” He added with a small smile and it grew when she smiled back.

 

“Then… I’m not going to complain about it.” She said with a small giggle before she heard the front door opening. That had to be her grandmother! “Wait here.” She said quietly and hurried out of her room and shut the door.

 

“Aish, you’re still here.” Her grandmother said bitterly when Soo Min came out of the hallway.

 

“Good morning.” Soo Min said with a weak smile.

 

“Oh?” The elder stopped and looked at her strangely before she shook her head and started to pass her. “Don’t mind me, I just needed to get some changes of clothes.” She added and made her way to her room.

 

“Are you going somewhere?” Soo Min followed after her.

 

“Life is short, do what you want to do, they say. I’m going on two week cruise with my friends.” She said while starting to pack her suitcase.

 

“A cruise?!” Soo Min blurted out, she was shocked and worried. “Are you sure that’s a good idea?”

 

“What, you don’t think and old geezer like me will survive the ocean?” The elder pouted.

 

“No. I’m pretty sure if anyone is going to survive, it would be you.” Soo Min’s expression dropped into an unamused expression. Then a pillow met her face. “Ow! What was that for?!”

 

“I guess you can watch my house while I’m gone, but when I get back, you have to go.” She said while continuing to pack. “I feel like a week is enough time to get you to reflect on everything and finally move on with your life.”

 

“A week? But you're going on a two week cruise?” Soo Min was confused.

 

“I'm hoping that you will leave before your birthday so you aren't here in this small place celebrating alone on the 8th.”

 

“Halmoni…” there was a small sad smile on her lips, this was bittersweet.

 

“I'll bring your presents to you when I get back. If you're still here then… you don't get your presents. I don’t mind if your friends visit often, just don’t make a mess and don’t make a ruckus, either. I’ve contacted your parents about my trip, so they’ll make sure to check on you frequently.” The elder seemed to have a lot of experience in packing, she was already done! “Take this time to make peace with yourself and go home, okay? Otherwise I’m going to start charging you rent to stay here and believe me, it’s going to be hella expensive!”

 

“Where did you learn that word?!” Soo Min laughed when she said hella.

 

“Take care of yourself, dear. I just want what’s best for you, trust me.”

 

“I know… thanks.” Soo Min nodded and gave her grandmother a hug. Suddenly she heard a thud behind them and she quickly looked over to see Jeonghan knocked on the floor from a pillow to the face.

 

“INTRUDER!” Her grandmother shouted and rushed over to grab another pillow to attack with.

 

“No, halmoni, wait!” Soo Min exclaimed and blocked her. “Don’t hurt him, he’s not an intruder!”

 

“A burglar?!”

 

“No!”

 

“A serial killer?!”

 

“No!”

 

“A Peeping To-”

 

“It’s Jeonghan!”

 

“...” There was silence in the house.

 

“I called him Friday night while I was drinking and he came to see me…” Soo Min further explained.

 

“You were drinking?!” The elder gasped. “Did you… in my house?!” The elder was ready to attack again.

 

“Nooo~!” Soo Min used all her strength to protect the scared and confused Jeonghan sitting in the hallway.

Zm45RZQUxrHjYXGiqpSngeRs2P6Ntxy1WhYdqoeO

“So… you’re him.” Soo Min’s grandmother said with narrowed eyes at Jeonghan sitting across from her at the breakfast, now lunch table. “Tch, another pretty boy, huh?”

 

“Halmoni, please.” Soo Min said with a small snicker after setting the food on the table. “I’m sorry.” She turned to Jeonghan.

 

“No, it’s okay.” He assured her with a small chuckle. He thought her grandmother was amusing. He had pictured this kind old lady but now he would always remember their first meeting involved her throwing a pillow at his face.

 

“Have you two talked about what happened in Seoul yet?”

 

“We did.” Soo Min nodded.

 

“And so, you’re going back now, right?”

 

“No.” She shook her head and locked her eyes on her plate of food in front of her. She could sense the disappointment already from her grandmother and it goes without saying that Jeonghan was disappointed as well despite that they talked about it. “Jeonghan wasn’t the only person I hurt when I left Seoul.”

 

“If it’s Jisoo and that Won Woo guy, I’m sure you three can work things out when you go back.”

 

“There were 13 other people who were involved… and then mom and dad and Min Hee and Ren and… you get the point.”

 

The elder sighed and muttered “what a troublesome child” under her breath. Soo Min had to agree with it while Jeonghan felt bad. “Then, you still have a week to get out.” She said to her granddaughter before she turned to Jeonghan. “I don’t know what will happen between you two after this, but I hope you’ll be the one who takes her away from here.”

 

Jeonghan didn’t want to make a promise he couldn’t keep and just smiled and nodded. He really hoped he’d be the one to bring her back, but then again, he’d be happy if she came back whether it was him, Jisoo, or Won Woo who got the job done. Even if her sister or parents got her to come back, even if Woo Sung managed to get her to go back… or Ren.

 

“Soo Min, make yourself useful and go fetch me my favorite throw pillow in my room.”


“Alright.” Soo Min said with a playful roll of her eyes and then got up to do as she was told.

 

“You.” The elder said once the girl was out of sight. Jeonghan was a bit confused but nodded in response since it was obvious she was talking to him, he was the only other person in the room with her right now. “If I don’t make it back, please take care of her. I know that’s asking a lot given we just met and what you two have been through… I’m so worried about her and I just want to breathe easier knowing someone will take care of her if I’m not here.”

 

“... I’m sorry, but is there something you haven’t told her?” Jeonghan’s mood suddenly saddened, he just now noticed the elder didn’t look too well, it wasn’t that noticeable to Soo Min, but he noticed it.

 

Before she could reply. Soo Min returned with the pillow that was requested. “Here you go, woman.” Soo Min said with a cute giggle. “Don’t lose it while you’re on the cruise!”

 

“On second thought, you keep it.” Halmoni said with a sweet smile. Soo Min looked at her funny and looked to Jeonghan like she was confused and hoped he had an answer to why her grandmother reacted like that so suddenly. “I know you’re going to miss me a lot, so keep it so you don’t ever forget me.”

 

“Sure.” Soo Min didn’t get it because her grandmother always said dramatic things like this all the time because she was just like that, making a big deal about things, but this time felt different and kind of weird? Jeonghan struggled on keeping his mouth shut. This really wasn’t any of his business, so he knew he shouldn’t speak up. It just hurt to see the elder giving subtle hints and Soo Min couldn’t figure it out. Something bad was surely going to happen soon.

 

“I’ll be sure to bring back souvenirs.” Her grandmother said with a bright smile as she was leaving. “Take care of my house while I’m gone, and more importantly, take care of yourselves! See you in Seoul when I get back~!”

 

“Bye, halmoni, have a safe trip! I’ll miss you!” Soo Min called after her with that same bright smile. Parting didn’t seem to be as hard as she thought it was going to be, but she was going to be proven wrong pretty soon.

Zm45RZQUxrHjYXGiqpSngeRs2P6Ntxy1WhYdqoeO

“I can’t believe that was how you had to meet halmoni.” Soo Min pouted as they were out eating in the same restaurant they did before. They really like the food there, why not?

 

“I don’t mind.” He chuckled at her expression. “It could have been worse, right?”

 

“I suppose.” She sighed and took her last fry and ate it. “I just don’t think that was fair!”

 

“Just forget about it already.” He said before he noticed her taking one of his fries. Usually he’d smack anyone who was stealing his food, but since it was her, he didn’t do that and only smiled before pushing his remaining fries towards her. “I’m full.” He said when she looked at him with hesitation.

 

“If you say so.” She grinned and continued to eat them. He was glad things turned out the way they did. Even if it was unexpected, he was happy.

 

He had imagined things to go way differently. He didn’t expect a good outcome, because he truly thought what happened between them was beyond repairable. Like there was no hope for things to be the same between them, but he thought wrong. He supposed their love for each other is what made it a lot easier on them. They were more forgiving and understanding.

 

He did think it would have been a little better if they could have actually gotten back together, but he had to remind himself that he shouldn’t rush things. It seemed like she was also wanting to get back together and he wanted to as well, but he wanted to give it time. He really did get hurt when she left like that and he felt like giving it time was the appropriate thing to do. If they still wanted to be together after that waiting period, then things could go back to the way they were before all of this. He felt like it had to be this way, almost as if he was punishing himself for how he failed her by not having her when he really wanted her. He had to snicker at his thought process, it sounded like he was being a jerk to himself now.

 

If he had to be honest, he is a little worried if she really would pursue another relationship during that waiting period, that was also another way he was punishing himself, by telling her she could see other guys if she wanted because he treated her so bad. Like that was making up for it. But he did have some assurance that she was going to keep looking at him and only him. She said it herself, and that made it easier on him. They could wait for each other again, right?

 

“Ready to go?” Her voice snapped him out of his thoughts. She looked sad and he knew why.

 

“Not really, but I have to.” He gave a sad smile and got up to help clean off their table before they left the restaurant. They headed to the bus stop after that.

Zm45RZQUxrHjYXGiqpSngeRs2P6Ntxy1WhYdqoeO

“I didn’t realize how alone I was going to be now that halmoni left, and you’re leaving, too.” Soo Min said softly while waiting with Jeonghan at the bus stop.

 

“I would stay longer if I could.” He admitted and gave her a gentle pat on her shoulder. “But I’ll try to visit again this weekend, like you asked.”

 

“Like I asked…” she repeated with a sad smile. “So, if I asked you to stay right now, would you?” Because he brought her pizza, like she asked and he promised to visit her again, like she asked. Maybe he would stay, if she asked.

 

“No.” He said with a guilty smile. “I have stuff I have to deal with when I get back to Seoul. But I’ll come visit again, don’t worry…”

 

“Okay. Thanks.” She nodded because she understood, though she really wished he would stay.

 

“Can you do something for me while I’m gone?” He asked after a few moments of silence.

 

“What is it?” She asked.

 

“Start reaching out to the others.” He smiled. “You have their numbers, right? I know it may be difficult, but at least try to reach out to them. They’ve been wanting to hear from you ever since you left. And if you really think about it, if you had them to talk to, you won’t be so lonely at your grandmother’s place.”

 

“That’s true.” She nodded and a smile started to grow on her lips. “Okay, I’ll try.”

 

“Good.” He smiled. “Things always happened so quick with us, maybe I'll be taking you home this weekend if all goes well?”

 

“Maybe.” She had a small smile of her own and she didn't seem so nervous about it for once.

 

“Fingers crossed.” He said while reaching over to ruffle her hair a bit. She giggled and smiled up at him before they heard the bus pull up. It was time to go now, the hardest part. “Take care of yourself, please.”


“Alright.” She nodded with a sad smile. It was almost his turn to get on the bus.

 

“If it gets tough, don’t drink, okay? Just call me instead…”

 

“I will.”

 

“If you get lonely, text us…”

 

“I will.” She nodded with teary eyes. “I probably shouldn’t say it but… I’m going to miss you.” She admitted and gave him a bright smile despite her tears.

 

“I’m going to miss you, too.” He smiled and caressed her cheek. “I have to go now.” He reluctantly said before pulling her into a hug. He held her tight and she returned his hug. When he parted, he placed a kiss to her forehead before giving her one last smile and turned to leave. He got on the bus and the doors shut. After a moment, the bus started to drive off and Soo Min did her best not to cry while waving at him from her spot. He waved at her with a sweet smile and then he was gone.

 

She waited till she returned to her grandmother’s place to let the tears fall. Jeonghan did his best not to cry on the bus as well, but it was difficult after they left and he wiped away a few tears while clearing his throat. “Here.” Someone said to him and he turned to his left to see someone holding out a tissue, it was a guy who seemed to be around the same age as Jeonghan and had dirty blonde hair. He was quite handsome, despite he was crying, too.

 

“Thanks.” Jeonghan said and took the tissue so he could wipe his tears. “I’m sorry, are you alright?” He felt bad, the guy looked so upset.

 

“I’m fine, I’m fine!” He assured him. “I just got done visiting my grandmother… I miss her already, that’s all.” The guy added with a sheepish laugh. “Where you visiting your grandmother, too?”

 

“Oh… no.” Jeonghan shook his head. “I was… visiting a girl.” He wasn’t sure what to say and he really disliked calling Soo Min his ex-girlfriend.

 

“Really?”

 

“Yeah, we’ve been through a lot.”

 

“Ah, I see. I guess it was hard to part from her.”

 

“It was.” Jeonghan nodded before the guy handed him another tissue when he saw a few more tears fall. “But I’ll see her again, soon.”

 

“That’s good!” The blonde’s expression brightened up. “I’m Minhyuk, by the way, Lee Minhyuk.”

 

“Jeonghan.” He smiled. “Yoon Jeonghan.”

 

For the rest of the bus ride back to Seoul, the two chatted and naturally became friends by the time they made it back to Seoul.

Zm45RZQUxrHjYXGiqpSngeRs2P6Ntxy1WhYdqoeO

“She up and left on a cruise for two weeks, can you believe that?” Soo Min pouted on her phone while waiting for her TV dinner to be done in the microwave. She didn’t want them to go to waste, so she thought to eat them, finally.

 

“Really?” Won Woo sounded surprised on the other line. “So, you’re there by yourself for now?”

 

“Pretty much. Not only that, she told me I have to leave before she gets back. Before my birthday on the 8th. Some birthday present huh?” She snickered.  

 

“Where will you go?” Because Won Woo knew not to ask if she was coming to Seoul, after so many failed attempts, he just accepted that she wasn’t planning on returning. He sort of… gave up on that.

 

“I’ll come back.” She said just as the microwave alerted that her food was ready. “I’ll come back to Seoul.”

 

“You’re not just saying that, are you?” He sounded conflicted and she expected that.

 

“No.” She sighed, almost like she was complaining. “Things are different now… I finally faced Jeonghan, that was what was holding me back the most. Even though I still feel really bad about it all… I’m moving forward one step at a time.”

 

“You can do it.” He said in a teasing tone and chuckled when he heard her click her tongue, clearly annoyed. “I missed you, wingman.”

 

“I know, I’m sorry~! I’ll make it up when I’m back.”

 

“You’re gonna have to buy me a mountain of french fries…” he was half joking and half serious.

 

“I’ll have to request a payment plan!” She laughed. It was nice talking to Won Woo like this again, it’s been so long. “So, how are things with Mingyu?” She decided to ask before they’d have to hang up. He had work soon.

 

“Things are okay, I guess.” He sighed and she frowned at that reply.

 

“Sorry, does it have anything to do with me?”

 

“I’m not sure. I just haven’t been myself lately and I think he’s worried.”

 

“I would be worried too, if I were him.”

 

“I know. But after hearing that things are going better for you, I’ll be okay.”

 

“I hope so.”

 

“I heard the microwave go off, go eat. I have to go to work soon… I’ll talk to you later.”

 

“Got it! Make that delivery.” She chuckled and was happy to hear him snicker at that and call her a dork before they hung up. She let out a small sigh and tended to her food from the microwave. “I wish I had more pizza.”

Zm45RZQUxrHjYXGiqpSngeRs2P6Ntxy1WhYdqoeO

Jeonghan made it back to Seoul with an hour to spare before work. He was glad the timing was perfect so he wouldn’t have to miss work again. He went straight to his shared apartment first since he knew the others could come to Pledis Pizza later to hear all about his unplanned trip to Busan. He was feeling a bit tired when he made it to the front door, but it probably wasn’t enough to cause a problem, he slept for an hour on the bus ride when his new friend Minhyuk told him to take a nap because he was worried about him. He had to smile at that, it was nice how he made a new friend after all of that.

 

After opening the door, he walked in and dragged his suitcase in behind him before he kicked the door shut and let out a tired sigh. He started to take his shoes off at the door and rubbed his sore neck he got from sleeping on the bus. Maybe that wasn’t such a great idea after all. He checked his phone to see if he had time for a shower.

 

When he turned around to head to his shared room, he saw Won Woo sitting on the living room couch, staring at him. “Hey.” He simply said in greeting with a weak wave.

 

“Hey.” Jeonghan said back and ventured over a bit so he was standing near the couch. There was silence between them and Jeonghan felt bad. Ever since Soo Min left, it had been like this between them. They hadn’t talked at all and it seemed like Won Woo was always mad at him whenever they crossed paths in their own home. He knew why, and he felt guilty.

 

“So… I guess things are going to be okay now.” Won Woo muttered out a moment later. “I’m glad.”

 

“Yeah.” Jeonghan wasn’t sure what else to say but that.

 

“I’m sorry for how I treated you… I was a jerk.”

 

“It’s okay. I deserved it.” Jeonghan let out a weak chuckle.

 

“Even so, I’m sorry.” Won Woo didn’t laugh with him and instead he still looked upset. He didn’t look angry anymore, he just looked sad.

 

“I’m sorry, too. It’ll be okay.” Jeonghan said before he left to his room. He was afraid it was going to get really emotional and he felt like he couldn’t handle that right now, not when he just got back, not when they had work in 40 minutes. He was sure maybe leaving like that was going to make it worse but…

 

“Jeonghan.” He suddenly heard Won Woo’s voice behind him at the doorway. He turned to face him and saw tears in the younger’s eyes. Just like he called it, it was getting emotional. Damn. “Don’t just leave me alone on the couch when I’m upset, what kind of friend does that!”

 

“Sorry.” Jeonghan gave a sheepish smile before he watched Won Woo walk up to him. He wasn’t sure what he was doing until he was pulled into a tight hug by Won Woo. Jeonghan was shocked because this was a first! Won Woo wasn’t the type who did a lot of skinship, he rarely hugged any of his friends since they’ve known each other. Won Woo must’ve been really upset.

 

“I just needed a hug. Mingyu isn’t here and well… I don’t like Jun enough to hug him, either. So, you’ll just have to do.” Won Woo muttered after he parted and turned away like he was trying to play it off. Jeonghan just chuckled and patted him on the back.

 

“Don’t be afraid to come to me if you need another one later.”

 

“Thanks.” Won Woo said with an embarrassed snicker before he left the room so Jeonghan could get ready. Jeonghan had a feeling that he’d need another hug later, for sure.

Zm45RZQUxrHjYXGiqpSngeRs2P6Ntxy1WhYdqoeO

“Uh, I missed you, too, Jeonghan.” Jisoo said with a nervous laugh when Jeonghan grabbed him into a tight embrace the second he and their other friends entered Pledis Pizza.

 

“I missed everyone.” Jeonghan said with a cute smile before he let him go and opened his arms for the next person, he hugged Chan immediately, then he hugged Minghao, then Hansol, then Soonyoung, then Seokmin, then Seungkwan, then Seungcheol, then Jihoon who immediately rejected him right after.

 

“What is up with you?!” He said with an annoyed tone. He was very against skinship, too.

 

“Nothing. I just missed you all.” Jeonghan laughed before he led them to the big booth in the back. “The usual?” Jisoo nodded and answered for all of them. They watched Jeonghan leave back to the counter and they all saw him hug Jun and Mingyu before heading into the back.

 

“Hyung is… pretty happy tonight.” Chan pointed out.

 

“I’m sure it’s because he finally got to see Soo Min.” Jisoo explained. “I think things worked out for them after all.”

 

“Really?” Their other friends asked in shock. “So, they’re back together?”

 

“I’m not sure, but I know that they’ve talked with each other and spent time together. I didn’t go but I got him the ticket and gave him all the directions at least.”

 

“You did it on purpose, didn’t you?” Seungcheol said with a suspicious look.

 

“Maybe, and plus it was Bo-Young’s birthday, I wasn’t going to miss that!”

 

“True.”

 

They all patiently waited for Jeonghan to return with their order. A moment before he was going to return to the table, Won Woo came back from a delivery. Everyone watched Jeonghan make his way over and hugged Won Woo who at first tried to reject him but eventually hugged him back. “Wah?!” Everyone was thoroughly shocked and Won Woo pushed Jeonghan away and escaped to the back with a red face.

 

So, things were better now and things had changed. Everyone in Pallet Town were wondering what was to come for their next adventure? Perhaps they were going to run into new Pokémon? Run into new villains? Hopefully not. Or maybe… their beloved Pikachu would return to them? No one could be so sure at the moment but all they knew was that their beloved Squirtle who was once sad and broken was happy and cheerful again.

 

vNnWxZJt8wgY-ownay0z0qg8DCGWQ2hZSFmjMUkZw_ujta-uBIULSEuHVtJxtWMPIpw4-UoQrpK_GbYjgtrPH4T7vODcOe6d9zVUXC5ipcyurFsjE-hyR6Bs0exULl8ZZOBxRjdZ

Until next time, stay tuned!


Chapter ten~!


 

BJJfm59oinDpCd9t0x9aRHne4vQI1FDcOx78FWDoLXVDYTJ0VAhdCdn9DH21vSbsiwVa0X65NJLMH1E6sct9_nCDnjJ9MFtAX4tNSTBE1LL5PEsFRCsBzP5zq8yvCqhdoyP7MjcB

Happy 3 Year Anniversary to this fic series.

Can’t believe I started it three years ago from today, June 24th 2015! (First part)

(It was really on the 24th, AFF seems to be weird with dates lately when I posted things and even on newer updates. I’ll post it on the 24th but it will say I posted it the 23rd. IDK why it’s doing that, but just letting you know, this chapter is being posted on the 24th of June 2018! I promise! LOL)

bxdMAsdMgR4PV30L54gZ4D-7BTybB3MAqKHg2XALF-_YYDpspRB-S_u4OZnXZx3XHFAtaOhNwGuXQuvVoNBRhFZfH1xxmLtPmn9Acf6-R2TSA5KisY-ntu5Dkv1X5kaWEIfb39tA

It’s not over yet, there’s more to come!

Unfortunately, the next few chapters might not be so pleasant and will be pretty angsty.

I didn’t expect it to go in that direction, but it did, but I promise there will be a happy ending to it all in the end, so just be patient like always with me~! I will try to update more, it’s just been a rough year so far already with my health and other things going on in my life.

W6stKhmNdqs6bsjRx2YfN2ZDB7pHXwgaAEdrJknS-82xRaQOVNLU9b8JIT-g61uJ5DouiljonkMc3r42ylCjy0-hVwuKLQXnZxl8aPHLyhLy2_aXCP2s-IMQHvp12KioLy0kVkvV

Just bare with me for the next few chapters, it will get better! I wanted to challenge myself a bit, so please don’t be too sad! There will be some heavy topics, but I don’t think it’s too extreme. It’s a touchy thing to talk about, and I’m in no way trying to trigger anyone. I guess it would be best to just say it wasn’t anything like self harming or suicidal themes. Or maybe I should just give an idea what’s to come, only cuz I’m just really nervous now lol

 

Character death and Alcohol Addiction.

No main character death. No SVT character death.

Just to clarify.

 

ol-LfIaY27raF30Uxo80hmVmZckc0FrqGue1ZQdggFZlhQ73fLPqA1MB2E7dLqUTuq7y5SWTBhL1ETk0lyiJmCboZpfnICjbsIt6agmfTHdmw7s-AbJMFeL7gpoLDuSTV4PdDwxY

I don’t mean to spoil but it’s kind of a personal and serious theme so.. I’d like to just give a warning is all. It’s just a story, it’s fiction, it’s not real, other than inspired from some personal experiences. So don’t worry too much or get too upset, because it’s just a story, okay? It’s NOT REAL obviously.

bM8r2-XQKgijQBIz4ggFUKsqwqD0G0G2d4VjPPo_w07pa3xd4ls5CnT83KP_w5MsbZ3jmolJVxMqaDnQdeyFsPDPacAqV-octBbT_ydkCesHye7xLkWjrZhVzvyWCAm2cgnIqt1a

Lol so until the next update…

mEyBVpABaG7UP3wCJVuzECpLfqJAJD0tE4BO312bDmfPX1EXzEFfrviSdP8bUC2hI7JOnRKgocCCyx7akHpYfCYs_FS9gaAJi1Ua_qOA0RPRGNv1itWf549XjclwuVUhcdmMUJMa

*Won Woo catching a new best friend*

alluding to CLOSER.

 

P.S. I had thought about the part when Jeonghan had said the tables have turned between him and Soo Min, it made me think if perhaps… I should change the title of this part to “Soo Min, I Choose You!” because of how it was Soo Min choosing Jeonghan in the first part. But it looks like it will be Jeonghan choosing Soo Min in this part.

XHAvCa2uFLIt3xihPWtLg7Nf_iOm94G1JYcCGYCOzCvVaS99FYkJTu0cQVt5bWAijH19W2H-x2XgAIMP9bqSr-C10wXVRkx-ZxrS2AjzlOVhi6bdLkTNn1GQi179sxHAyxCo31j0

Although if I changed it to Soo Min, I Choose You! Then others browsing the Jeonghan tags might be like who the fuq is Soo Min? LOL but idk, I just thought of that after writing this chapter XD I probably won’t change it, unless there was another way to title it without putting Soo Min’s name in it. I guess we could put Pikachu, I Choose You! Hmmmmmmmmmmm…. *forget about it entirely*