2. The Dinner and The Confession

The Handsome Doctor
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

I wash my hands and watch my reflection through the mirror, keep questioning myself, what am I doing?

 

I can claim that I have lost my memory thus make me end up here.

 

Or I wish.

 

Which unfortunately untrue, because I can remember clearly since I keep play it in my head, over and over again. And before I realize it, I feel my cheeks heated up and I can see a pair of faint blushes appear on them. I can’t stay in the restroom much longer before he start to send any search party too check on me.

 

He smiles as his eyes catch me walking to his direction, walking back to our table. Apparently the dirty dishes have been taken back and on their place, sit two plates of cheese cake. Doctor Kwon Jiyong asked me out because of the cheese cake. Because Katie’s blabbered mouth just couldn’t keep silent for her own safety, she tells him my fondness of cheese cake when he came to the shop to take the personalized photo album he ordered for his cousin.

 

“Particularly, Sandara Unnie is in love with cheese cake. Put cheese cake and chocolate cake, double combo, she’ll surrender.” Katie informed, too much for my horror.

 

Hearing that, Doctor Kwon Jiyong said he knows a place that has the best cheese cake he ever known, followed by invitation to dinner when I told him I haven’t try the place yet.

 

“Here it is,” he says, pointing to the pastry that I’ve been waiting. I can’t hide my excitement as I see the homemade strawberry syrup topped the cake. Don’t ask how I know it’s a homemade, I just know.

 

 “You didn’t tell me that they use homemade syrup,” I protest as I eyeing him, like I accuse him for hiding this particular information.

 

“Is it makes any difference?” he asks, raising his brows in confusion.

 

“Of course, it is!”

 

“Judging from your reaction, I think I was right for not telling you about the homemade syrup.” He says in lower voice, made me glare him in mock anger.

 

He laughs at my antic then signaling me to try it. Without waiting for second instruction, I comply just as he also digs in his portion. And oh my God...!

 

Ladies and gentleman, I’m sold!

 

This cheese cake just so define. Very smooth that it melts in your mouth. Not too chill or too sweet for who has sensitive teeth. And the strawberry syrup… I’m right! This is homemade syrup, manually homemade. It’s very different from the one you buy in market or when you make it by machine. I still can feel the crunchiness of the strawberry but so soft at the same time. The syrup also isn’t too strong and complemented the cake very well. With the cake, you can taste

 

“Jiyong-ssi, you have me with this. You’re right, this is the best cheese cake ever. I’m sold.” I tell him sincerely.

 

He laughs at what I say and shakes his head.

 

“Wah… I don’t know if you’re this cheap, sold for a small cut of cheese cake, Sandara-ssi,” he mocks a gasp, eyes sprinkling from humor. “What a pity, I still have the chocolate cake weapon,”

 

“Don’t you dare deprive me from chocolate cake, Jiyong-ssi!”

 

**

 

Doctor Kwon Jiyong doesn’t take me home after our dinner. Instead he lures me with dumpling in Gwajang Market, the old shopping place at the corner of Dongdaemun Gate. This man really brings the gluttony that sleeps in me.

 

“I never imagine that you’re a food traveler, Jiyong-ssi,” I say as we’re walking down side by side at the market alleys. “And remembering your profession, it’s really a surprise.” I add.

 

I glance at him shakes his head with a small smile plastered on.

 

“The key is balance. As long as you’re balancing what you eat, you’re okay. That’s what I have been thought since I was a kid.” He says, shrugging his shoulders.

 

Really, you would never guess he’s as a free eater. His appearance is like the kind of doctor

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter