6. The Special Chapter and The Side Story

The Handsome Doctor
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It's been a tiring week for Jiyong, back to back surgeries and the usual shift hours in hospital and preparing for the conference that he has to attend the day after tomorrow. He needs a break and a distraction. Glances at his phone on the table, he wishes the 21th century's technology to vibrate. But nothing happen, it keep still and silent, lying on the polished wood surface.

 

He wants to scream just for the thing start making noise. But the silent knock on the door put him back to his gentle manner. Setting smile on his face, he nods at the nurse who comes from the back door then walk to the other door after put a stack of files and set up his computer, opens the door and calls a name. And his long hour is starting.

 

 

Finish all his works, he stares wearily at time displayed at the dashboard. 11.46 PM. Glances at his phone, still no movement from the gadget. Sighs resignedly, he thinks it isn't appropriate time to visit her house, because for sure her shop has closed already. Accepting his defeat, he ignites his car and drives home. He still has a luggage to pack, since tomorrow he has to fly to the other side of the globe.

 

His tired brain can't keep still, though. Why with the sient. Did he do something wrong? Did he offend her in any way?

 

But he remembers none.

 

If it's any other girl who treats him like this, he surely will just forget and move on. Yet this is different.

 

Sandara is different.

 

Even before he actually meets her, he heard about her from the nurses' gossips – about her outstanding look and her limitless patience. At first, he only dismissed the nurse' suggestion about her, since she was his patient's family and it seems inappropriate to talk about. Then there's their unusual first meeting, where he was such sort of knight and she was the damsel in distress. He can't help but smile every time he remembers, yet his smile only stays for a second before a bitter taste emerged. If was late for another minute, the conclusion of their first meeting would be different – for he wouldn't have a phone call or a message to wait.

 

The second time they meet, when he random picked a gift shop but turn out to hers, then and there he decided that would like to try it with her, to try to know her. To put it in his mission for there would be another third, fourth, and next and next and next...

 

So, he sends a silent prayer of his gratitude because he is waiting now. No funeral to attend way months back.

 

**

 

He's tired. He only slept for a couple of hours. Aside from a luggage to pack, he has to recheck for all the materials he prepared for the conferences are ready in his hard disk, make sure his tablet and personal compute are working good, and glaring his phone for still keeping its silence for three days.

 

Driving into the town, he doesn't care with his appearance, without mirror to tell him, he knows he's a mess. He has more important matter to be straightened than to bother about his look.

 

Just as he stops the car, his eyes caught a familiar back from the mostly glass front of the shop. He doesn't think it's a good sign, since normally he sees her face instead of her back through the glass. Quickly he switches the engine off and dashes out from his car.

 

And his feeling was right when he hears she says to her employee, "Katie, I'll go to deliver the envelopes."

 

Apparently no one notice his entrance. But the employee notices and her eyes goes round as she sees him. He offers a small smile and a nod to her direction.

 

Finally Sandara aware there's a newcomer and she turns. She seems quite taken aback with his presence, but the lack of smile on her beautiful face enough to tell him they're having problem that he oblivious.

 

"Oseyo," she greets him like he just only any other customer in her sho, bowing her head in the process. Then she turns to her employee, "I won't be long, bye." And walks straight passing him, doesn't offer anymore acknowledgment to him.

 

He blinks at the turn of event and quickly comes to his since when the employee hisses and signaling him to follow her employer - which he does.

 

"Sandara!" He calls, and when she doesn't stop in her track he stops her himself, by grabbing her elbow.

 

“Please, take off your hand,” she says, trying to free herself from his grasps.

 

“What is this?” he asks, can’t think any reason why they’re in the urge to argue here instead of sitting in a café or somewhere – waiting for his flight. “Sandara, why are you ignoring me in the last three days?” he asks, hand still holds her.

 

“I’m not ignoring you.” Her rep

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter