3. The Dream and The Jealousy

The Handsome Doctor
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I open my eyes and raise my head up, then staring around at my surrounding. I’m in a room with desks – one is occupied by me, like a classroom. Am I attending a school reunion or what?

 

At then, someone’s entering the room, I can’t see who it is since the light comes from the door, I’m only sure it’s a ‘he’ from the silhouette. Behind him, several other people are following and entering, some of them waving their hands to me. Even I can’t see who are them I still returning their wave. Once they come nearer, I finally recognize them.

 

They’re my high school friends. Younghwa, Nayoung, Mina, Soonho, and Hyuksoo. They’re not really the knit close friend that I’m still communicating to until today, but it’s a welcoming to see familiar face. At least I can talk to them about the old days rather than stay alone in this room – or worst meet a stranger who can’t hold any normal conversation.

 

But why all of them wearing the uniform? Is that the dress code, to wear our old uniform?

 

I look at my attire, the usual attire I wear to the shop, t-shirt and knee length skirt.

 

Before any further think about my attire, Younghwa sat at my front and Nayoung at his side. Mina took her place beside me while Soonho and Hyukso occupy the desks across from Younghwa’s. They say nothing and only smile at my direction. Younghwa turned his body and facing at my direction instead to the front and lies down his head on my desk. I’m startled at his action but don’t give any comment.

 

There’s someone coming. Again, I still can’t see who it is, but from the silhouette it was a guy. And I’m sure he isn’t wearing our high school uniform – the color too dark to be our dress pants’ color. Two steps into the room, I know he’s dressing formally – dress pants, dress shirt, jacket, but forgo the tie.

 

And he has something in his hand that draws our attention, since I’m aware I’m not the only one who keenly watches his every move. His left hand firmly grip into a bouquet of red roses, the big bouquet kind that you only see in the romance movie. The one that you can hide your face behind!

 

As he steps away from the light, I can see the new comer’s face. And I can’t hide my surprise as Doctor Kwon Jiyong’s face appears. He stands in front with his eyes focusing on me. If he was a superhero with a pair of laser eyes I would have a hole in my head. He just stands there and keeps looking at me and makes no move. After like eternity, he slams the bouquet of roses at the nearest desk from him and leaves it there then turned to back to the door. His behavior startles Younghwa who jumps from his position and now sitting up straightly.

 

But he stops in his track, turning back, takes the bouquet and strides to our direction. His eyes still pinning on me and I don’t know why but I hold my breath and my heart skips a beat. I can feel my face heats up. Under the scrutiny eyes, he reaches at my side and put the bouquet on my desk, then without says anything he strides back to the door. Disappear from my sight into the light.

 

Five pair of eyes looking at me, puzzled at what just happened. But I have no answer and only can offer a shrug at them, looking at the roses. My fingers touch the velvet petals before my eyes turn their direction, staring at the door.

 

No one is coming anymore.

 

---

 

I’m back from the shop but my home is packed with people. I try to look for my family’ faces, instead I meet with other familiar faces of my friends.

 

What are they doing at my home so suddenly without give me any notice? If I know they would come, I can cook something for them before hand.

 

“Why you didn’t tell me that you’re coming?” I ask them, smiling as it’s been a while since the last time I saw them.

 

Haeyoung, a dear friend of mine since elementary who recently move to Busan to follow her husband, pulls my hand with a wide smile on her face. “We’re here to help you packing.” She says, then giggling to Sana and Kaena.

 

What? Packing?

 

“Yes, we’re helping you packing.” Sana confirms. Nodding her head and looking at me like a proud mother. Sana’s role in our small circle is like a mother hen, so her looking-proudly at any of us isn’t something odd.

 

But, this time, I feel it is.

 

“What packing? Where am I going to?” I ask them, shaking my hand in confusion.

 

Just then, my mother comes out with the largest luggage we have, followed by Durami with clothes towering in her arms. They are my clothes.

 

“What happen? Are you kicking me out?”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter