1. The White Coat and The Stethoscope

The Handsome Doctor
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

! ! ! ty !

 

I'm doomed.

 

That face. I know that face, the face which often visits me now days in my dream. The face that greet me once I open my eyes after I almost leave this world if he didn't bring me to ER at the right time. The face that haunted me for the past week... The face that...

 

Argh!!

 

Okay, I know I should be thrilled with the fact that he's such a fine - actually very, very fine in the looking department, but when remember how our last encounter I want to hide in embarrassment. And that's what I'm doing right now, hiding in the stock room. When the bell above the entrance door ringed, told us there's costumer coming, I emerged from the stock room to see if it was the costumer who order personal photo album last week come by to pick it. But the second my eyes knew who, I retreated back and close the door silently.

 

Is there any girl would show herself in front of the guy if her last encounter with him was like mine? Nah, I believe, any sane girl out there agree with me.

 

Why, you ask?

 

Okay, I'm gonna tell you. So, that time I ate the soup which actually supposed for Durami. The little brat refused and asked whatever meal she desired at the moment. And I couldn't waste the soup and transferred it into my tummy. What I didn't know, the soup had shrimp in, which I allergic to, and I drained the thick liquid till last drop. Hours later, I felt the temperature so hot thus made me gulped pitchers of water. My bathroom visit almost reached Durami's record because I need to empty my bladder at least two times per hour. Later that noon, I began to feel dizzy and weak. I just wanted to lie on the couch while waiting for our parents but the ache in my stomach forced me to the walk to the bathroom. I remembered I finished my business but I did not remember if I cleaned myself or not before everything went black. The next time I opened my eyes, there was the handsome doctor at my side in his white robe.

 

That's why I can't face him. In my horror, what if I didn't have the opportunity to clean myself yet before he found me in the toilet?! You do get my turmoil here, right?!

 

And now, there he is, sitting comfortably while looking at the album as if he really does choosing something. Eh, what if he really tries to looking for something in my store?

 

Yet, I never imagine that Kwon Jiyong, doctor Kwon Jiyong, ever considered to entering a place like this. Not that my place is a ty, it just that this place is decorated in very girly design. Hey, and I'm a girl, thank you very much!

 

It just, he's the last person I imagine to looking for a pinky frame nor glittery curtain beads. The way he speaks – my brain remember it as clear as crystal, and the way he brings himself would never tell, is far... very far away from image that he would consider to enter a girly place like my store.

 

I can hear some murmur out there, but can't really catch what exchange is happening between him and Katie, my one and only employee. Then silence. Maybe, doctor Kwon Jiyong got what he wanted and left the place already.

 

Feeling curious, I dared myself to slightly open the door and take a peek. But to my dismay, there he is, sitting comfortably on one of the chair I provided for costumer, looking into our product album that Katie must handed to him.

 

Not that I can't face him. I just choose not to. But if he let himself sits there while seeing into the album instead of attending his patients... I'm doomed. No way I will hide in this stuffy room any longer. And Katie will definitely come to get me.

 

As if what I said was a clue, I see Katie’s form walk toward the place where I’m hiding. Quickly, I  close the door and scramble away from it and snatch anything that comes first to my sight, which accidentally was pack of squints. She wouldn’t ask what for is this, right? Because I couldn’t even form any proper answer if she decides this time is the time to be her curious self. First thing I noticed when I hired her, she could be a damn detective if she wants to. And she proofed it in many occasions.

 

“Unnie,” I hear her call right after a creak sound of the door when she opens it. I need to consider some time to grease the hinges in the near future. Maybe tomorrow, yeah, I’ll just ask Appa for some used oil when I get home later. “Why are you so long?” she asks. “Is there something wrong?”

 

I turn to face her and put my best grin. “Nah, no problem, just little carried away with what we have here,” I shrug and end it with a lame laugh.

 

Katie only eyeing me and shakes her head. “There’s a new costumer. He wants some personal design, but doesn’t really know what he wants. So, I show him some design we’ve made. It’ll be better if you meet him,” she says.

 

I gulp and nod. Now I’m wondering, who’s the boss here? But I’ve no time to think about who is who because my nervous is kicking in. What if he recognizes me and laughs at my face the once he sees me cause he once found me in my most inappropriate form? I dread with all the possibility scenario that come in my mind.

 

I tail behind Katie who turns once she finish on informing me. As I walk out from the stock room and close the door, doctor Kwon Jiyong lifts his head from the album and smil

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter