Surprise Two

Supermarket Surprises

Almost two months had passed since Jungkook had met the girl at the supermarket. So long in fact, that he had almost completely forgotten about her. He had once again been forced to the supermarket to buy snacks for his lazy hyungs. He mumbled curses under his breath as he made his way down the familiar road to the supermarket. As he turned the final corner he noticed a girl sitting outside the supermarket, her legs propped up on the chair opposite her, a cup noodle in front of her. He recognised her instantly.

 

He quickly went into the supermarket and bought the things he needed. Before he left the supermarket he adjusted his mask and then approached her, hoping that she wouldn’t think he was some random creep. “Hey. Long-time no see.” He said with a smile, forgetting that she wouldn’t be able to see it for his mask. She squinted up at him before snapping her fingers. “My saviour!” she cried happily. He chuckled, glad that she had remembered him. “Can I join you?” he asked indicating the chair opposite her. She nodded, taking her feet off the chair and putting them on the ground. “How have you been?” he asked.

 

“Busy. Its exam time now, hence why I’m sitting here at one in the morning eating ramen.” She said with a chuckle. He noticed the dark circles under her eyes, he figured that she must have been studying a lot. “I’m sure you’ll do well on your exams. Hwaiting!” he said encouragingly as she finished off the rest of her noodles. She let out a contended sigh, “I can live again.” she said dramatically. Jungkook rummaged through the bags at his feet before handing her one of the drinks. She gave him a curious look as she took the drink from him. “Thanks.”

 

She took a long drink before putting the bottle on the table in front of her. “So how have you been? Saved any more girls from their shopping trolleys lately?” she asked, a smile on her lips. Jungkook shook his head. “Nope, you’re the only one.” He chuckled. “I’ve been pretty busy with things lately.” He said vaguely. She nodded in understanding. “Your hyungs still making you their lackey?” she asked, pointing to the large bag of snacks by his feet.

 

He let out a deep sigh, “The struggles of being the maknae.” He said dramatically. She chuckled at him, “I’m the oldest out of my siblings, so I make them do things for me all the time. The perks of being a nuna.” she said with a grin. Her phone rang suddenly and Jungkook couldn’t hold back his grin when he realised that her ringtone was the chorus of “Dope”. She answered the call and spoke for only a minute before hanging up. “I better get back, my dongsaeng needs some help with his essay.” She stood up and threw away her rubbish.

 

“It was nice seeing you again.” She said with a grin. Jungkook stood up and grabbed his bag, “Which way are you going?” he asked. She pointed the same way he had to go. “Me too. I’ll walk with you. If you want?” he added, feeling a little embarrassed for being so bold. She smiled at him, “Sure. Let’s go.” They walked side by side down the road, chatting about random things until they reached a crossroads where she had to go left and he had to go right. She turned to face him and gave him a smile. “It was good to see you again.” she repeated. “Hopefully next time it doesn’t take two months.” She added with a chuckle.

 

Jungkook chuckled as well. “Hopefully not. You sure you’ll be ok going home alone?” he asked, worried about leaving her alone in the middle of the night. She nodded, slipping her hands into her hoodie pocket. “Yeah, my apartment is right there. If anything happens I’ll shout for you.” She joked. He pushed her arm slightly, “Yah, don’t joke like that.” He scolded, a small grin on his face. “Who’s joking? I’ll totally call you for help.” She said as she stuck her tongue out at him as she started walking backwards.

 

“Jungkook.” He called after her. She stopped walking and gave him a curious look. “If you need help, call my name, Jungkook. I’ll go running to your side.” He said making her smile. “Jungkook.” She said, smiling at the sound of his name leaving . “Well, Jungkook. Thanks for telling me your name. I’ll be sure to remember it.” She said as she turned and started walking to her apartment. “Aren’t you going to tell me yours?” he called after her.

 

She looked over her shoulder and gave him a mischievous grin. “I’ll tell you the next time we meet.” She said as she continued walking. Jungkook let out a low chuckle as he continued walking towards his dorm, his interest in her increased tenfold.