Surprise One

Supermarket Surprises

Jungkook yawned loudly and pulled his cap down further over his eyes. Stupid hyungs making me come out alone to buy snacks. I hate being the youngest. He thought to himself as he filled his basket with all the snacks the other members had requested. He smirked as he came to his favourite snack.  Since I have Jin hyungs card, I’m getting extra for myself. He thought as he grinned to himself.

 

He wandered around the small supermarket, thankful that it was quiet given the late hour. He turned around to go down the last aisle and stopped at the unusual sight before him. There was a girl around his age, climbing into her shopping trolley whilst mumbling to herself. He gave her a curious look as she tried to stop the trolley from moving as she tried to climb in. She half fell in, her hair falling into her face. She let out a loud sigh, blowing the hair away from her face. It was that moment when she noticed Jungkook.

 

“I swear I have a perfectly reasonable explanation as to why I am in my shopping trolley.” She said as she pushed some flyaway hair away from her face and sat up straighter. Jungkook chuckled, “I’m sure you do.” He said as he continued to observe the girl in front of him. A small blush covered her face as she tried to stand up in the trolley, but its movements making it too unstable. She sighed loudly, her gaze returning to Jungkook. She looked him up and down. Panic starting to form in Jungkook, wondering if the girl recognised him. “How tall are you?”

 

Jungkook was surprised by the random question. “What?” he replied making the girl roll her eyes at him. “How tall are you?” she repeated. “178 centimetres… why?” the girl once again tried to stand up but failed. “I really want some cereal, but whoever stacks the shelves here decided to move my favourite cereal onto the top shelf and I can’t reach it. Could you help a girl out?”

 

Jungkook chuckled and went up to the girl and easily removed the cereal from the top shelf and handed it to her. “Thanks.” She said as she placed the cereal next to her in the trolley. “No problem.” He said as he flashed her a smile, forgetting that he was supposed to be keeping his identity a secret. “So since you’ve already done me one favour, how about another?” she asked, a small blush still staining her cheeks.

 

Jungkook’s head cocked to the side in curiosity. “What?” he asked. “Can you get me out of this stupid thing?” the girl asked indicating the trolley. Jungkook laughed as he put his overloaded basket on the ground and offered her his hand. She took it gratefully and with a little difficulty managed to get out of the trolley. “Thanks. For getting my cereal and for getting me out of that thing.” She said as she threw a dirty glare at the trolley. “No problem.” Jungkook said as he lifted up his basket. The girl noticed the abundance of snacks. “You buying food for the army or something?” she said with a chuckle, indicating his basket.

 

“I have a lot of hyungs that are too lazy to buy things for themselves.” He said with an exaggerated sigh. She reached up and patted his shoulder sympathetically. “Hwaiting!” she said as she went back to her trolley. “I’ll see you around.” She said as she pushed her trolley towards the checkout. Jungkook waved to the girl as she disappeared at the end of the aisle. I certainly hope so. He thought to himself with a smile as he grabbed more of his favourite snacks and balanced them on top of his basket.