Surprise Three

Supermarket Surprises

Hey guys!

Judging from the awesome comments I've had on this story, a lot of you really seem to like this story! This was only meant to be a one-shot, but I've had a lot of people asking me for more so I'm here with the 3rd part of this story. I don't know how long I'll continue it for, but I hope you enjoy it until the end!

L xxx

 


 

A month had passed since their last meeting.

 

The rest of the BTS members were surprised that anytime they needed someone to go to the supermarket, Jungkook would jump up and volunteer. Usually he would complain about being made to do things for his hyungs. Whenever they questioned him about it, he played dumb, saying that if he was in charge of going to the supermarket, then someone else would need to pick up his other chores for him.

 

He had visited the supermarket several times since the last time they had met, hoping to meet her again. He always took his time wandering the aisles, hoping to catch her, but he could only wander the small store so many times before the owner started giving him funny looks and he had to pay and go back to the dorm.

 

Eventually, he saw her familiar figure in the cereal aisle. A smile spread on his face as he adjusted his mask and rushed up to her. “Hey.” He said, his voice betraying him, he had intended on playing it cool the next time he saw her, but his voice showed just how happy he was to finally see her again. She smiled brightly at him. “Jungkook!” she said back happily. He let out a small chuckle at hearing his name from her lips. “Long time no see.” He said as he put down his once again over loaded basket.

 

“At least it wasn’t two months this time.” she said with a chuckle. “True. At this rate it will only be two weeks before we meet the next time.” he said with a smile, hoping it showed through his mask. She laughed, “That sounds good to me.” They stared at each other for a minute before Jungkook looked away, a blush forming on his cheeks. “Need help getting your cereal?” he asked, his hand already reaching up for the box. “Ah, you remembered.” She said as she took the box from him and put it in her basket. “Of course, it’s a first meeting that I’ll never forget.” They chuckled as they picked up their baskets and wandered around the supermarket, picking up the items they needed.

 

She couldn’t help but comment on how many snacks he was buying. “Seriously, how many hyungs to you have? Or do they just have massive appetites?” she said as he stuffed three packets of chocopies into the basket. “I have a lot of hyungs and they all eat a lot.” They paid for their items and slowly made their way back towards their apartments, Jungkook carrying her bag for her. “You know, you promised that you'd tell me your name the next time we met. It’s not fair that you know mine and I don’t know yours.” He said with a pout.

 

She chuckled at his sulky behaviour. “My name is Hwa-young.” He nodded, “It’s pretty.” He said. They finally reached the crossroads where they would have to part ways, they stopped, neither of them ready to separate as they didn’t know when they would meet again. “So, I guess we worked it out as two weeks until the next time, huh?” she said, her tone a little disappointed. He nodded, “Unless we agree to meet earlier?” he asked, sounding hopeful. She smiled at his not so subtle hint that he did actually want to meet her again.

 

“Nuna!” they turned around at the sound of a loud male voice. “Nuna, where have you been?” Jungkook watched as the handsome boy came up to Hwa-young’s side. The boy stood beside her, eyeing him warily. “Who is this?” he asked, his tone showing that he wasn’t happy to find his nuna out in the middle of the night with some guy he didn’t recognise. She sighed loudly, “He’s a friend, Jae.” She said as she laid a hand on his arm. Jae gave Jungkook the once over before turning back to Hwa-young. “You better hurry back, Mina is driving me crazy with her essay.”

 

“Alright, I’ll be home soon.” She said as she took her bag from Jungkook and passed it to Jae. “You go back first.” She said as she pushed him in the direction of their home. “You sure?” he asked, his gaze asking if she was ok being left with Jungkook. “Go, or I’m not helping you with your English homework.” She threatened. He turned and headed back towards their home after giving Jungkook one final warning glare. She turned back to Jungkook and gave him an apologetic smile. “Sorry about that, he might be my dongsaeng but he’s too protective.”

 

Jungkook shook his head, “It’s ok.” He said with a smile. “I suppose I better get back before he bursts a blood vessel or something.” She said regretfully. He nodded, wishing that he had the confidence to ask her for her number, but the mere thought of it made him nervous. She waved to him and turned to walk back to her apartment. Jungkook watched her go for a few seconds before turning to walk towards the dorm. He only made it a few steps before he heard Hwa-young call his name.

 

He turned to her and she smiled at him, “Three days from now. Same time, ok?” she said. He nodded enthusiastically. “I’ll be there.” He said. She grinned back at him, “It’s a date!” she called before turning back around and disappearing from view. Jungkook walked back to the dorm, his smile never leaving his face, even when Jin scolded him for being out so long.

 

Only three more days until I can see her again…