Paradox

Excuse Me, Please Get Out of My Head

“YOU!” Jisoo said as she shot up out of her chair. She was pointing straight at Kyungsoo, eyes wild. She could not believe the situation. The first time she heard the name Chanyeol, it was when she had first encountered Kyungsoo. I should have known. I swear to god where the hell have you been?? Do you have any idea how long I have been looking for you?? Who the hell does this owl kid think he is? she thought to herself before realizing that Kyungsoo was reading her thoughts. He looked surprised for a moment, and then guilty and angry at the same time. They locked eyes, burning holes into each other, in silent war, keeping each other in an electrifying, mind-reading paradox. Jisoo shivered from the intensity of his gaze, he was basically peering into her soul. And she was letting him. She stared back with the same intensity, her mind screaming,

 

There is someone like you,

 

and (s)he’s standing right here.


 

\(•○•)/ \(•○•)/ \(•○•)/ \(•○•)/ \(•○•)/

    The entire lunch period he did not take his eyes off of Jisoo. She tried her best not to notice and have a regular conversation with Krystal, but it was almost impossible with his gaze focused so intently on her.  She could hear his thoughts in his head so clearly, like all the other thoughts in the world were blocked out. It was slightly unnerving, but at the same time somewhat comforting. Jisoo was pretty sure it was the same for him with her thoughts in his head. Mostly however, one mantra was constantly repeating inside of their heads.

 

    I’m not alone.

    

    When lunch ended, Kyungsoo finally took his eyes off of  her and went to throw away his trash. Jisoo quickly got out of her seat and motioned to her friends. “Let’s go, we don’t to be late to Ms. Hwang’s class right? We better hurry, pick up the pace, just a hop and a skip and--”\

 

    “You guys go ahead,” Krystal said pulling Jisoo to the side. “I have to have a word with Jisoo here.”

 

Jisoo gulped. She looked around the courtyard frantically and spotted Kyungsoo standing against the wall next to the double doors, arms crossed. Sure enough, he was staring at her.

 

“Oh are you sure? We could wait up for you!” Taehyung said eyes smiling. Dahyun nodded in agreement.

 

Jisoo was about to say that yes, she would love if they waited up for her, but she took one look at Krystal’s face and heard her i will kill you if you leave  thoughts and said, “No it’s ok guys, you go ahead.”

 

“Ok Jisoo, We’ll see you later.”

 

Jisoo took a deep breath and turned towards Krystal. “Please don’t tell me to do what I know you’re going to tell me to do.”

 

Krystal pursed her lips and glanced over Jisoo’s shoulder at the wall behind her. “He’s still staring at me isn’t he.” Jisoo said, shaking  her head.

 

Krystal put her hand on Jisoo’s shoulders and gave her a small smile. “He needs you, and you know you need him.”

 

Jisoo let out an exasperated sigh. “I barely even know him.”

 

Krystal laughed and spun Jisoo around to face Kyungsoo. “But you know him him better than ever has.”

 

Jisoo closed her eyes and took a deep breath. WAIT. “Krystal! How did you know about the--” Jisoo whipped around, but Krystal was gone. Ugh, she would deal with that later.

 

Why was it such a big deal anyways? He was just a boy. A cute boy. Just a regular boy.

 

As if a voice said in her head, loud and clear. Well look who decided to say something.

 

shut up, I’m trying to think.

 

Why don’t you just come talk to me? there’s nothing really to think about

 

Jisoo looked up at Kyungsoo, who was now smirking at her. There was 20 feet separating. them, and that was 20 feet too far. Jisoo started walking forward, step by step, until they were just centimeters apart. Their fingers brushed, and Jisoo could feel electricity buzzing in her fingertips. She could see his eyes, up close now. They were big and wondering and beautiful. He was beautiful.

 

“I-I-I uh, uh” Kyungsoo stuttered, losing his train of thought.

 

“Who are you?” Jisoo breathed, feeling Kyungsoo’s breath on her lips. Her eyes dropped to his lips for a moment, and then back up, meeting his eyes. The sensation his eyes locked with her own was exhilarating, and she felt it run from her head to her toes.

 

“I think the better question is, should we be kissing right now? Because I would definitely be down for kissing you right now.” Kyungsoo murmured, still staring at her. Jisoo felt the sudden urge to laugh. The situation was beyond ridiculous.

 

Charming offer, really, but we have more important things to take care of. Jisoo shook herself out of the spell and reached around him to pull out his phone from his back pocket. “Oh I see, so it’s that kind of party,” Kyungsoo said wiggling his eyebrows.

 

Jisoo punched him in the shoulder. “Cute, it is not. I just added my number to your phone, we’re meeting up after school, I’ll text you the address.” Jisoo was walking away when she turned around.“Oh, and Kyungsoo?” She called, “You’re cute when you blush.”

    

    And with that, Jisoo was gone, leaving Kyungsoo leaning against the wall dumbfounded but more hopeful than he had been in a very long time.


 

\(•○•)/ \(•○•)/ \(•○•)/ \(•○•)/ \(•○•)/

 

HIIII

aaaa idk this seems super short i am sorry

but at least kyungsoo has arrived right?? i hope i didn’t go overboard like idk v intense. I wanted to establish that they do have a connection though, and its a paradox because she can read his thoughts and he can read hers, so he is basically reading her reading his, and vice versa, and it becomes a paradox.

I’m writing this instead of reading brave new world  lol go me

you guys should subscribe and upvote yo, things are gonna get crazyzyyzyzzyz

until next time,

\(•○•)/ \(•○•)/ \(•○•)/ \(•○•)/ \(•○•)/

PS CUTIE-SOO AAAAAAAAAAAAAA