Boba Tea

Excuse Me, Please Get Out of My Head

“Ugh this school is killing me,” Jisoo groaned.

 

“Maybe you should try not procrastinating for once?” Baekhyun said, eyeing the mountain of papers and binders in front of her.

 

“Hey, it's not my fault, I just can't resist the acting abilities of Lee Jong Suk, he's too perfect. Except I Can Hear Your Voice has way too many plot holes with the whole mind reading thing. But whatever, I can still dream that someone like me is out there...” she said in a trance, sighing.

 

“Yah!” Baekhyun flicked her head. “We came here to study, not daydream.”

 

They were sitting in a little bubble tea cafe that Baekhyun had discovered while Jisoo was at school. He was home schooled even though he was in the same grade as her. He was Jisoo’s cousin and best friend and had been living with them for as long as Jisoo could remember. His parents were not all that mature, and spent most of their days traveling the world, helping out in places in need. It wasn't that they didn't love Baekhyun, they just couldn't take care of him as well as Jisoo’s parents could.  Baekhyun didn't mind however, his aunt and uncle were like his second parents, and he liked living with Jisoo. The only thing he didn't like was constantly switching schools so he just took online courses. He was extremely bright, so Jisoo would often enlist his help to finish her “never ending” workload. So there they were, sipping boba tea, with assignments strewn all over the little plastic table. Typical.

 

“Baek I'm never going to finish this paper. Who even cares about the cultural revolution? Last time I checked we are living in the 21st century. I demand rights!  I don't have to write this paper if I don't want to! I say we boyco--”

 

“Ok ok chill, drama queen, let's just take a break. How's school going? Found any cute guys that may be date - able material?” Baekhyun wiggled his eyebrows. He was very much single, and he was very much gay.

 

Jisoo sighed. “Baek, you do understand that I’ve only been at this school for a week? And yes, I’ve met some cool people, but none of them gay, and none of them date-able. If you want to meet people, why don’t you just come to my school?”

 

Baekhyun laughed. “I wasn’t talking about me dumb-ss, I don’t need help finding dates, my looks do all the work for me. I meant you! Have you met any cute guys?”

 

“Uhhhhh,” Jisoo thought for a moment. The only thing she could think about at that moment was the boy with the eyes. The one that may or may not be able to read minds. His eyes…

 

She shook the feeling off. Why was she even thinking about him? She didn’t even know him. “There’s no one,” she told Baekhyun, suddenly very interested in her honeydew milk tea.

 

“OOOH so there is a guy,” Baekhyun said leaning forward. “Tell me tell me tell me tell me tell me tell me tell me tell me tell me tell me tell me tell me tell me tell me tell me tell me tell me tell me tell me tell me tell me tell me tell me tell me tell me tell me tell me tell me tell me tell me tell me tell me tell me tell me tell me tell--”

 

“ ALRIGHT ALRIGHT JESUS, CHILLLLLLL” Jisoo burst out, thoroughly annoyed. Jisoo took a deep breath. “Ok, see I don’t really know him, and I’ve never actually talked to him, and into him on the first day of school, and then he was in my first period, and then he has these HUGEE beautiful eyes, but what am I saying I don’t even know him, but I feel like I do you know? And--”

 

Baekhyun raised his eyebrows, smiling slightly.  “Are you going to tell me what’s so special about him or are you going to keep babbling?”

 

Jisoo closed her eyes a moment and focused on Baekhyun’s thoughts.

 

Dang she’s never really liked anyone before, this is new. aw and she was babbling! wierd, but cute. he better not break her heart though, I will definitely drop-kick his a-s. Hey, what is she--

 

    “Yah! I know what you’re doing, stop trying to stall and read my little thoughts. Come on what’s so special about him?” Baekhyun said pointedly.

 

    Jisoo grinned. “You know me so well. Anyways, ok. I know this is weird and basically impossible but, I think he might be able to read minds, just like me.”

 

    Baekhyun’s jaw dropped.

 

    wait are you serious? DUDE WAIT ARE YOU SERIOUS? THIS IS AMAZING! THIS IS GREAT! Have you talked to him? WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR MAN JUST GET MARRIED ALREADY!

 

    Jisoo chuckled.  “It’s not that easy, Baek. Plus what am I supposed to say? Like ‘Hi I’m Jisoo and I can read minds. In fact, I’m reading yours now. I was wondering, can you do the same thing?’ like, no, I don’t think that would go so well.”

 

    “You never know until you try. Just talk to him Jisoo, you guys could maybe help each other.” Baekhyun paused for a moment, in thought. “Wait, but why do you even think--”

 

    “That he can read minds?” Jisoo finished for him. “If you take to long to say what you’re thinking, . Anyways, when I first ran into him, I could hear his thoughts, and they were normal. But then, when he made eye-contact with me, his thoughts changed and became panicked. It seemed like he could read his thoughts in my head, and he realized I was reading him. And then, when he saw me in our first period, he refused to look at me and focused his thoughts only on trivial things. I don’t know Baek, it could be too good to be true. Like maybe he’s a murderer or something.”

 

    Baekhyun laughed. “Ok let’s just take 300000 steps back. I think you should start by talking to him and maybe confronting him. That can't be that hard can it?”

 

“Yeah, you're right,” Jisoo said slowly, “It can't be that hard…”

 

\(•○•)/ \(•○•)/ \(•○•)/ \(•○•)/ \(•○•)/

 

As it turned out, it could be that hard. When she went back to school on monday, the boy was not in 1st period, or in 7th period which she also shared with him. He wasn't there on Tuesday either, or Wednesday, or Thursday. No one said anything about it, and she couldn't tell whether he had been switched out or was just skipping. She  couldn't ask Taehyung or any of her other friends either because she didn't even know his name.

 

On Friday, she still hadn't seen the boy, and she was beginning to lose hope. How was she supposed to find him now? If she just knew his names she might have been able to gather information from the thoughts of the students…

 

“Jisoo!” Dahyun waved a hand in front of her face. “Are you listening?” They were all walking to lunch, and Dahyun apparently was trying to say something to her. Chen and Taehyung were in a heated argument about whether or not eggs were meat or not.

 

“Sorry Dahyun, I’ve been kinda out of it lately. What were you saying?” Jisoo asked, looking apologetic.

 

Dahyun giggled. “I said that today I’ve invited a very special guest to join us at lunch. Jieun is going to worship me.”

 

Jisoo was about to ask who it was, but they had reached the table and Taehyung was currently nagging her to fork over some chocolate covered raisins. She handed the entire bag of them to him. God, she hated those things.

 

“Heyyy Krystal,” she greeted as she took the seat next to krystal who always sat on the end of the table. She had become good friends with the cold girl over the past two weeks. It was weird, Krystal was the least friendly with Jisoo, but she was still drawn to her all the same. Since the first day of school, Krystal had warmed up to her a bit. Now they were stand partners in orchestra and sat together in physics and ap psych, which was both of their 3rd and 6th periods respectively.

 

“Hey Jisoo, how was your weekend?” Krystal asked with a small smile.

 

“It was good. I hung out with Baekhyun a lot, I definitely have to introduce him to you guys. That loner seriously needs some friends.

 

Krystal chuckled and began silently eating her sandwich. Another thing about Krystal was that Jisoo could never really tell what she was thinking. She could read her mind of course, but the thoughts she heard were not the ones that Krystal was really thinking. Eventually, Jisoo would definitely figure out what her deal was. But for now, it was nice that Jisoo didn’t know what she was thinking constantly. Krystal may secretly hate her and be planning to kill her for all Jisoo knew, but it didn’t bother her at all. While Jisoo was talking to Krystal, she felt almost normal.

 

    Suddenly, Dahyun cleared her voice. “Ahem, you guys I have a big big big announcement!” she squealed, clapping her hands.

 

    “You and Taehyung are finally admitting you like each other and are going to be together forever?” Krystal said, staring straight ahead, expression as solemn as ever. Dahyun turned bright pink, and Jisoo stifled a chuckle. Taehyung began to laugh, very hard, and had trouble breathing and almost choked on the piece of pizza he was chewing. While Chen clapped Taehyung on the back, trying to prevent his best friend from dying, Dahyun cleared for a second time.

 

        Don’t think about it Dahyun, Taehyung will just brush it off. It’s not like he likes me anyways, he clearly likes Krystal. It’s cruel she would say that, really. Whatever, I need to get over him. i do. yes. get over. AAAAA OK OK what was I saying, what was I saying, surprise, lunch, Jieun, right

 

    “Ok guys I have a HUGE surprise for Jieun, I may or may not have stumbled across a special someone sitting in the stairwell for lunch and may or may not have invited him to sit with us at lunch and-- Oh there he is!” Dahyun waved her hand and motioned someone over.

 

    “You have got to be kidding me,” Chen muttered expression turning stony.

 

            OH MY GOD IT’S CHANYEOLChanyeol

        yessss i knew Chanyeol would come

            wow chen is going to kill Chanyeol

    IM GOING TO KILL CHANYEOL

                Oh look its Chanyeol

 

    Jisoo grinned. This should be interesting. Chanyeol reached their table and Jisoo squinted her eyes to look up. Standing next to Chanyeol was someone else, but the sun was so bright she couldn’t tell who it was. All she could hear were the thoughts. Chanyeol’s were fairly normal, only nervous about meeting new people. The other person’s thoughts however, Jisoo realized, were a compilation of all the thoughts of the people around her including herself. She choked in realization. Oh my god, its--

 

“Hi, my name is Park Chanyeol, and this is my best friend Do Kyungsoo. I hope it’s ok for us to sit with you guys, please take care of us.”

    It was him, Do Kyungsoo, the one and only, boy with big eyes.

 

\(•○•)/ \(•○•)/ \(•○•)/ \(•○•)/ \(•○•)/

 

ANOTHER UPDATE WHOOO im on a rollllllllll

hehehehehe Kyungsoo is here, what do you guys think?? I’m really loving this whole hype around Chanyeol but I have something very special planned huhuhuhuhu

I feel like I have too many things planned i don’t really know how long i want this, but probably not more than 30 chapies.

But anyways, MLK day is tomorrow and me and my friend are going to watch all of the Star Wars movies, that should be interesting. But i probably won’t write at all so…

this chapie’s question: Where do you guys buy kpop merch?

WAIT MAYBE I SHOULD MAKE THESE INTO POLLS HMMMM we shall see

Anticipate the next chapter though!! all hell may or may not break loose ehehe :]]