Chapter 2

Rocket

A/N: Hello! This is the second chapter of Rocket. Once again, than you all for reading my first ever drabble and do enjoy the second one. The final and third chapter will be posted within this week, so do look out for it. Thank you and cheers! 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As their conversations continued over the next few weeks, Hanbin had invited her to head over to their dormitory for supper (instead of lunch) as promised. It was a better option instead of going out for lunch or dinner in public in case it cause a scandal.

He never felt so nervous before. Before the supper, he chased away his teammates, ignoring their constant teasing at him, tidied and cleaned up his dormitory, set up the dining table and prepared the food. Afterwards, he went to groomed himself, donning on a classic pullover and some sweatpants and slightly combed his wet hair after a bath.  Staring at the mirror, he told himself, “I can do this!” repeatedly.

Tonight was an important night.

The clock strike at midnight, she was supposed to be here any moment now. Hanbin kept pacing around the small living room in the dormitory, looking at the clock and wondering if she decided to back out. He was about to text her when the doorbell rang.

As he opened the door, she stood there, clad in a simple T-shirt and ripped jeans, wearing a baseball cap and mask. It was so simple, yet he thought that she was the most beautiful woman in the world. He invited her in, and she was stunned by what he had prepared.

“Hanbin-ah” Seolhyun stammered.

In the very small living room that used to be piled up with clothes, shoes and magazines, it had been transformed into a very romantic setting. The room was lit up with little LED angel lights, soft music was playing, the scenery seen from the clear glass window of Seoul was glowing. In the middle, the table was lit up with candles with a pot of Ramen, box of fried chicken and a few bottle of Soju and beers. It was the perfect supper setting that Hanbin had thoughtfully thought off the past few days.

“Do you like it?” pointing out to the setting as he looked nervously at her. When she gave him her angelic smile, he immediately felt relived. Guiding her to the chair, he pulled it out for her, sat her down as they began talking with the soft background music playing.

After finishing the pot of ramen, and ¾ of the chicken, Hanbin suddenly stood up and took his guitar. Placing the guitar on his lap, he began tuning the guitar. As he was about to begin strumming, he looked sincerely into Seolhyun eyes and gently said:

“Seolhyun-ah, I am not a good singer, but today I want to sing for you. Please listen carefully.”

With trembling fingers, he started strumming slowly, he sang each word that he composed sincerely as he stared into the beautiful eyes of hers. As the song reached its end, he suddenly stopped strumming leaving her confused. He stood up, reached out to the back of the shelf and took out a bouquet of roses. As he looked at her, he kneeled down, and sang the last line.

“Seolhyun, I like you. Will you be my girl?”

2 months later

Hanbin, sat inside the waiting room of AOA, waiting for Seolhyun. The person he would call as his girlfriend. While waiting, he took out and unlocked his phone and stared at his wallpaper. It was a photo of him and Seolhyun hugging, taken during the night where he confessed to her. As he reminisced that moment, he began smiling.

Flashback

“Seolhyun, I like you. Will you be my angel?”

As he sang that last line, he felt his heart beating wildly and quickly like a ROCKET. He was afraid of the rejection, afraid that because of his confession, things would get awakward for them and they would never be the same again. He glanced up at Seolhyun and instantly felt all hope was lost. She had the myriad of expression plastered on her face: apprehension, afraid, confused and so many others that he could not read. Hanbin felt stupid for confessing to her so early as their relationship was only starting to develop.

He stood up, lowering his head, eyes staring into the ground as he was unable to look into the eyes of Seolhyun. He was expecting her to run, slam the door shut and never contact him again. However, none of that happened.

All of sudden, he felt a warm pair of hands on cheeks, as it cupped his face, tilting it to meet the eyes of its owner. He stared into the eyes of hers, glistened with tears. He saw how her smile was so broad, how her cheeks were blushing faintly. In this moment, he felt a warm pair of lips on his lips, kissing him. Slightly shocked at the fact that Seolhyun was kissing him, he responded immediately afterwards, drowning himself into the kiss. As they broke apart, she smiled, hugged him tight and whispered into his ears

“Yes, I will be your angel.”

Smiling foolishly at his wallpaper, he heard the clanking sounds of the heels. He stood behind the door wanting to surprise his angel. As the door knob turned, and the door opened, he could hear the chatter of the girls but only one voice caught his attention. As Seolhyun entered the door, he came out from his hiding spot.

“Surprise!!” he screamed and immediately head towards Seolhyun, giving her a big bear hug. He felt her arms go around his neck as she nuzzled into him, feeling his warmth. Amidst the huge reaction and teasing from her fellow members, he immediately presented them with some refreshments and snacks that he had bought, took Seolhyun hand and left the room.