[10/?]

Mvtsqanth.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

a/n; Here we are again. The proofreader a.k.a ikemen cassie_minnie is busy with his.. err.. show? lol. meanwhile, I managed to finish snatch this post after long bargaining with Chwangmean.

 

 

 

Ten.

 

 

“May I come in?”

Yunho doesn’t need to look up to see it’s Junsu. “Come in.” He continues stuffing his work case. “Sneaking out of your bed isn’t good, Junsu.”

Junsu steps inside the room further. He lets the door half open, not sure whether Yunho woud hear him or send him back to his room.

“You aren’t going to say you are sorry, are you?” Yunho purposely averts his eyes from Junsu.

“No. I’m not.” Junsu says. “But I would like to explain it to you.” He sees Yunho’s rapid efficient moves setting things up for work. No wonder this tall man is acknowledged as one of promising future for Jung corp. “if you don’t mind listening. If you do, I’ll talk to you when you are not angry at me anymore.”

Yunho breathes quietly. Junsu forced leaving hospital last night. None, not even Shin Ae whom Junsu always listens to, could stop him. Yunho was told Junsu had been back home in his pavilion when he called Nando after one long fruitless working day. His late arrival to Okinawa affected the potential dual venture with one of Japanese leading company. His father and uncles showered him with raining cold stinging lecture on how good he contributed for the family. Yunho flew back to Aeon taking extra additional route to get to the pavilion soon and found Junsu was packing his belonging.

“You change your mind.” Yunho exhales, unable to cover the disappointment and anger from showing in his voice.

“I’m not.” Junsu really hates to be the reason of Yunho’s hardened stiff face. “I’m taking the arranged treatment, Yun. I’ll do it. I just need to.. go home and see mom and dad.”

“You don’t have to pack everything to see mom and dad.”

“I packed most of my usual medicine. I didn’t pack everything.” Junsu points out.

“You’ve just left hospital. Why rushing home?” Yunho asks. “Flying to Palgan would tire you and worsen your condition now. Can’t it wait later when you’re better? I’ll talk to mom and dad.”

Junsu smiles. Nothing can worsen his condition now. His time is limited and ticking closer and closer. What could worsen it? Nothing. “Shin Ae has talked to mom already. I need to go home to show her that I’m not that sick. You see? Am I that weak, Yunho? I was unconscious and perhaps a little bleeding as the side effect from the treatment. It’s the first try. It’s understandable. I need to go home to convince mom and dad that the treatment you take me in is working well.” Junsu persuades. “You think they would stay home after hearing Shin Ae’s report on how I was yesterday?”

Yunho could accept the logical view Junsu is trying to draw to him. Sure. The Kims parent would already on their way to Aeon by now.

“I called home right after I was here. Mom knows well the background sound of a hospital. If I said I was fine and not in a hospital bed, she would knew I was lying right away. I called explaining that I was already in bed and I was fine. It was just side effect like my first trial with Shin Ae. I promised I would see them after the side effect wears off. I was packing my usual medicine when you barged in this morning. You were too tired. It wouldn’t do well if I explained to you right away. I’m sorry.”
Yunho inhales. Everything Junsu says makes sense. He came home at four something in the morning, exhausted, upset, bad tempered. Anything Junsu said that time would meet wall instead of ears.

Yunho's face relaxes “When are you planning to go to Palgan?”

Junsu’s eyes lit up. “Tonight? Nine or ten pm. Any available flight around that.”

“Tonight?” Yunho finally looks at Junsu. “Why tonight?”

The smile on Junsu’s lips does wonder on Yunho’s low down mood. “Because I don’t know how long you’ll be angry at me and I don’t want to leave seeing your folded long face. I don’t know where you are working or going today so..

Yunho can’t help smiling back. “Who taught you this, Su?”

“Eh? Taught what?”

Taught you to restart my morning, you stubborn heartless adorable Junsu. “Nevermind.” Yunho smiles genuinely. “How about your next treatment?”

“Dr. Nando said we need to see how I am doing in three days. If I do well, he would continue.”

“Shin Ae?”

“She said nothing so far.” Junsu wants to laugh. “Mom or Junho must have glued .”

Yunho cuts their distance. “Tonight?”

Junsu nods. “I have three days. I’ll be back here on Friday.”

“You’ll call me, right?” Yunho hopes. He knows not to hope too much.

“I will.” Junsu promises. “But I don’t know whether you’ll catch it or not. You’re always busy.”

Not too busy to hear from you, Su. “Messages are good too.”

“It’s only three days.” Junsu huffs. “Alright, sir.”

“I’ll check the schedule for tonight’s flights to Palgan.”

“I already did.” Junsu suppresses his grin. “Am I forgiven?”

Who could say you are not with those eyes or yours and look? “I’ll think about it till dinner.”

“Ruthless.” Junsu murmurs.

“I heard that.” Yunho raises one of his eyebrows. “You asked to be forgiven but you said things behind my back?”

Junsu grins the widest he can manage.


--


“Kim Junsu?” Shin Ae halts her feet movement. “Who’s asking for him?”

A young intern assistant doctor gestures at one man speaking to the front desk in charge nurses. “That one. He insists on to be allowed to visit room 15. I thought you know him.”

Shin Ae squints her eyes. No. She doesn’t know. Aside from Junho and Yunho, she doesn’t know any other Junsu’s close people. Junsu talks more about his blog and freelance job than his friends. “I’ll see him.” She changes her walking course approaching the man trying to buy his way into the VIP floor where Junsu was treated.

“He’s here.” The man says in a raised tone. “Please, I know he’s treated here. Jung Yunho sent him in himself. I have pro-

“You have proof?” Shin Ae cuts in taking pity of the nurse’s flustered face. “What proof?”

The man turns his head at Shin Ae. “Are you staff here? I come to see my brother, Kim Junsu. He’s in room 1210 but they don’t let me in.”

“Only legal family is allowed to enter eleven B floor, sir. If you could show us your family relationship with the patient, we would welcome you. That’s the standard procedure.”

“Junsu will prove it to you all that I’m his brother.” The man stands shifting his position facing Shin Ae. “I don’t know that I have to bring legal document to show that I’m Junsu’s brother.”

Shin ae smiles is openly mocking. “I don’t know Kim Junho could shrink back few inches overnight. Did you just exchange your height with your longer wavy hair, Junho?”

The man’s look is priceless. His full cherry like lips shape round funnily as his eyes widen in surprise. “You…” the man quickly closes his gaping mouth. “You.. Shin Hee? Shin Jee? Shin Jae?”

“Shin Ae.” She corrects. “Park Yoochun or Kim Jaejoong?”

The man immediately fixes his posture and extends his right hand. “Park Yoochun.”

Shin Ae accepts the hand. They shake briefly. “Come follow me. We’ll talk more comfortably in my room.”

“Junsu is here, right? My friend saw Jung Yunho and Junsu in VIP floor here two days ago. I flew right after I heard Junsu is in this hospital.”

Shin Ae merely gives a flat smile as the answer.


--


Jaejoong barely sees his customer to the door when his phone beeps and vibrates. He reaches into his pocket checking who’s calling and presses yes button upon seeing Yoochun’s name is on the screen.

“Where are you?” He doesn’t bother to say hello. They are too close for such manner. “Mila said you left rehearsal abruptly and taking leave all of sudden. You aren’t running away from Changmin, are you?”

“Junsu is in Palgan.” Yoochun is half shouting. The noise around him makes him so. “I’m flying back in a couple of hours. Damn the January rush.”

“What?” Jaejoong doesn’t understand. “Where are you, Chun? Junsu is home?”

“He went home yesterday. I’ve just met his doctor. She said Junsu left for Palgan after his first treatment session with Yunho’s hired doctor.”

“Hold on.” Jaejoong dashes to his office chamber. “You said Junsu is in Palgan now?”

“He should be. Could you call or drop in his house to check?”

“I’m going.” Jaejoong stops at Mara’s desk, phone is still on his ear. “Mara, hold on anyone looking for me. Ask them to come back tomorrow or to leave their contact. We’re closing for today. I’m leaving first. Use spare key to lock the studio, okay?”

Mara has no time to ask why or protest. Jaejoong has disappeared the next seconds.

“Where are you?” Jaejoong repeats the simple question for the third time as he gets into his car and starts the engine. “Where are you calling me from?” He demands.

“Aeon airport.” Yoochun answers. “Call me when you are already in Junsu’s house or meet Junsu.”

“WHAT? AEON??”


--


“My brother is that popular, owh?” Junho welcomes Jaejoong. “Not a day at home and busier than dad, mom and me combined. Come in.”

“Is he home?” Jaejoong tries to look casual despite the urge to run finding the best friend.

“Unfortunately, you missed him like half an hour ago.”

The change in Jaejoong’s face is hard to school. “He’s out?”

Junho confirms with his head movement. “He said he might be long. He didn’t say where he was going.”

“Might be long?” Jaejoong is disappointed. “I’ve just heard he’s home and drove here.”

“You’re fast.” Junho grins. “But someone is faster.”

Jaejoong winces inwardly. His brain conjures several possibilities of who might see Junsu first before him. “How long will he be out?”

Junho makes a playful expression. “How long will you spend time for a date?”

Definitely not going to meet Junsu soon. Jaejoong decides he’ll go back to his studio. There’s no use waiting for Junsu at the slippery man’s house. He tells Junho he’ll come back later or tomorrow early morning. He informs Yoochun too that Junsu is indeed home.

He doesn’t want to think or assume that Junsu and Yunho are dating exclusively somewhere he knows. His studio is the best option for now.


--


Yunho really loves how Junsu laughs a lot tonight. He laughs freely and cheerfully almost at every single thing happens around them. His beady eyes sparkle reflecting his playful carefree spirit tonight. Yunho rarely sees this side of Junsu. They walk leisurely along the city pavement, hand in hand, owning the night for themselves. Yunho couldn’t think of happier time of Junsu being around him. Junsu usually draw invisible wall between them that however invisible it is, Yunho knows Junsu is holding back.
But tonight, he is blessed with finding how playful and fun Junsu could be. Their loosely holding hands is the proof that Junsu has opened more of himself to Yunho.

“You are going to Okinawa again tomorrow?” Junsu swings their hands randomly. “Another bidding on your company’s behalf?”

“Not my company, Su.” Yunho can’t stop staring at his date. Junsu looks exceptionally good looking when he’s free and happy like now. “And not to Okinawa. Not tomorrow either.” He walks very slowly enjoying every step they make. “Kyoto. It’s not far from Tokyo. You’ve been there before.”

“Ah.” Junsu beams. “I have. I wrote few articles there. Isn’t it winter?”

“Wanna go there after your second treatment is done?” Yunho offers. “There are good water spring houses I know. You’d like it.”

Junsu shakes his hand. “I like Palgan the best. There’s no place like home and people here.”

“You don’t like Aeon?” Yunho asks. He chooses Aeon because it’s relatively small city with heavenly panoramic natural scenery yet modern advance city life that goes side by side with its well preserved old cultural values. It has both amazing beaches and breathtaking mountain as well. Yunho thought Junsu would find Aeon interesting if the treatment bores him or if he wants to do outdoor activities.

“Like it.” Junsu says. “It’s wonderful place but home is the best.” They stop for a while letting a bunch of teens girls running past them. “Look!” Junsu points at one corner across the street. “Sara’s end. Let’s go there.” He pulls Yunho’s hand to follow him, beaming. “Found it!” He squeals in excitement.

They (Junsu) purchases three bottles of fine wine and champagne. He makes Yunho pick the good liquor since he isn’t drinking and knows very little about it. Junsu wraps Sara’s famous original baked bread, cheese and fresh fruits.

“Why do you buy that much?” Yunho glances at the big carton wrap

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter