Chapter | 1

Choose Wisely
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Baekhyun! Have you seen my lucky tie?” Chanyeol yelled from the room, searching for the tie everywhere without avail.

He was trying to keep his together knowing that nothing good ever comes at being dominated by anxiety, but in spite of knowing that he had to calm down a little, he was already getting desperate because he needed it to use it as a good luck charm in his first job interview. He wanted to leave a good impression whatever the final result may be and for that he just needed some luck, and here it is where the tie played a very important role since his confidence was almost zero, therefore this was his only source of assurance. Well, aside from Baekhyun of course, but Chanyeol couldn’t take him with him to the interview, because if that were the case he would do it without a second thought.

The blond-haired boy walked into the room with a small smile on his face as he shook his head teasingly, illuminating everything in his path as usual. With amused eyes saw how his boyfriend walked back and forth looking for his favorite tie, leaving a mess behind him, which wasn’t a surprise at all, because Chanyeol had always been messy and disorganized, therefore he lost his things frequently. Fortunately for him Baekhyun was always close to find what was lost.

“Did you look for it in the second dresser drawer?” The smaller boy asked, crossing his arms across his chest with an air of superiority, since he knew perfectly well that there it was the garment and that definitely Chanyeol hadn’t looked carefully enough.

The black-haired guy growled in affirmation as he moved around the room hopelessly. His black pants were undone, his white shirt was ed so his chest could be seen in all its glory and tufts of hair were dancing in different directions. In other words he was a mess and the worst part was that he was running late, which only added stress to his already anxious mind.

The smaller sighed deeply, and with an elegant walk he approached the dresser without being noticed by his boyfriend who was too busy stressing out. And as he predicted, the tie was in the second drawer hidden under a lot of sweatshirts, pants and underwear. Baekhyun held the navy blue garment in his hands and watched it thoroughly, trying to not glare at it with suspicion, since it would be stupid to have resentment towards a piece of cloth, but it was inevitable when he knew perfectly well the story behind it. He had to remind himself that he got involved in Chanyeol’s life even knowing about the melodrama still existing in his giant's heart.

Baekhyun shook his head slightly trying to get rid of unnecessary thoughts and managed to outline a small but sincere smile on his face. He turned around just in time to see how the other guy massaged his temples in an attempt of trying to calm himself a little bit and that only made him smile widely, amused by how dramatic his tall boyfriend could be sometimes.

“Hey, don’t panic.” Baekhyun said tenderly as he climbed onto the bed. Chanyeol was too tall for his small stature, so he had to do something to equalize their heights and usually this was the only way. This included chairs and other points where the smaller could climb onto. “Come here, you big baby.” Said gesturing with his hand for his boyfriend to come closer.

The black-haired man obeyed meekly. When he was close enough he immediately put his hands on his boyfriend's hips, which were within his reach unlike his waist, and looked up at him with a pout since nothing was going according to the plan. Baekhyun just smiled at him gently while he leaned towards him to wrap his arms around his neck, still with the tie in his right hand hidden from the eyes of his boyfriend. Then the blond-haired boy brought his face close to his to glue his forehead against the giant’s as he stared at him sweetly.

“I know you're nervous about this interview, Chanyeol. I was too, but you need to calm down, it's not a big deal really. Just have confidence in yourself and trust in your skills and knowledge. I'm sure they will be impressed by your achievements, which are many I must say, after all you were ranked as the number one in your generation. But if for some reason they don’t accept you, then it is their loss, because you are amazing and you have a great future ahead. Besides I made my special breakfast which will give you energy for the whole day, and after the interview I can take you somewhere so you can take a break for all this. We can go for a walk to the park as we eat that ice cream that you like so much, or if you want we can go to the amusement park, you have wanted to go there for a while now, right? Or we can go to the mall to try ridiculous clothes and take photos to upload them to our Instagram account … or I don't know, whatever. But promise me you will be calm and confident, all right?” He said with a lovely and radiant smile.

Chanyeol watched him closely, not believing that this beautiful and delicate creature were his, feeling really lucky to have such a compassionate person and of such a pure nature at his side supporting him, loving him and helping him escape from the painful past. Baekhyun was too sweet and understanding, he always knew what to say to made him feel loved and safe.

The giant put a hand on his cheek and it softly, drawing patterns on it absently as he lost himself in those bright brown eyes. Then he lowered his gaze to deposit it in his pink and addictive lips, watching them intently while still caressing his cheek gently.

“If you want to kiss me just do it.” The smaller whispered with a lopsided grin, amused by the manner in which his boyfriend devoured his lips with his stare.

Obediently, the taller man impacted his lips against his desperately, hungry to taste the familiar wet cavity. He moved his lips aggressively against his, feeling the need to and nibble everything in his path, and it turned out that Baekhyun’s lower lip was the victim of Chanyeol’s insatiable thirst. And in an attempt to pull him even closer to his body Chanyeol made his boyfriend intertwine his short legs around his waist while he kept his hands underneath his to keep him firmly in place without worrying about unexpected falls.

The blond-haired boy clung onto the other guy fiercely as if his life depended on it, making him look like an adorable koala with no intention of letting go of what was his. He would like to stay like this forever, clinging to the only man he had ever loved in his short life without letting him go. He really wanted to keep him in his embrace and hide him from the world, but especially hide him forever from him. But he couldn’t do that to the love of his life, it would be cruel and selfish, and certainly Baekhyun had only one goal for the time being, and it was to provide him happiness, everything to make this insecure and vulnerable guy smile. That was the truth, all he wanted was his happiness and Baekhyun would do anything to give it to him, even if it meant disappear from his life forever. He wasn’t going to lie, with the mere thought of leaving his boyfriend alone made him shiver in agonizing pain, but he had to be strong because at the end it was his own decision, he himself chose to be with Chanyeol even knowing the consequences that this would entail in the future. But again, anyone could blame him? After all, Baekhyun was in love, deeply in love for the first time in his life.

The two pulled away from each other in search of oxygen, taking puffs of air agitatedly. Yet the black-haired man wasn’t satisfied, he wanted to continue kissing his boyfriend without stopping even for a second, so unable to contain himself any longer he gave him a kiss on the nose, on the forehead, on both cheeks, on his eyelids, on his chin, on the bridge of his nose, everywhere. Chanyeol wanted to show him how much it meant to him his mere existence. And when the giant heard how his special someone started giggling cutely he felt an inexplicable warmth in his heart. He loved the way in which this adorable and kind boy made him feel. With Baekhyun he felt alive and happy, felt that he could find a home in him. Nevertheless, although now his life was more than satisfying, even though he had a boyfriend who loved him and gave him more than he deserved, even though he had a happy and healthy life … even so he was still waiting for that something or rather that someone that could complete his life. That was right, Chanyeol had someone who wasn’t Baekhyun in his heart too. Undoubtedly the boy he had now in his arms was his special someone, but he was the love of his life – or so he thought.

The black-haired guy broke away from his cute boyfriend and watched him again, enjoying the sight of a smiling Baekhyun with that square smile that he adored so much and crescent eyes that melted his heart. He always thought that Baekhyun looked even more beautiful just like that, smiling and cheerful.

“Ta-da!” The blond-haired boy exclaimed cheerfully as he finally showed his boyfriend what he had in his hands.

Chanyeol's face instantly brightened up when he saw the piece of navy blue cloth, and attacked Baekhyun with kisses again, really grateful. Perhaps in the eyes of many Chanyeol was just overreacting, but that tie meant a lot to him, because it contained many memories of his childhood and of him, so the man cherished this tie as if it were a real treasure.

“Channie, stop!” The smaller shrieked giggling adorably as he was showered with Chanyeol’s kisses.

The giant stopped immediately and looked at his boyfriend gently, with adoration. “You’re the best, you know that?” Said sweetly.

The other guy rolled his eyes at those words, but he blushed anyways. “Well, leave me on the floor so I can knot this properly, Channie.” Said with pink cheeks.

He complied instantly, leaving him on the ground carefully as if he were made of porcelain. Then he leaned in so his little boyfriend could put the tie around his neck. Baekhyun, with a cute smile on his face, began to knot the tie around his neck delicately, moving his pretty fingers with elegance and finesse. He was frowning in concentration, wanting his work to be perfect. Meanwhile the black-haired boy gazed every one of his features, running with his gaze every corner of his puppy's face closely, admiring once again the beauty of the boy. He never grew weary of gazing at him, not when he still couldn’t believe that this cute boy had chosen him from among the entire population.

“All ready! Now go fix that hair and your attire. I’m going to serve the breakfast.” Baekhyun said eagerly.

The taller boy smiled softly as he nodded with his head. “Thanks, baby boy. I won’t take long.” And after giving him a kiss on his forehead, he went to the bathroom to style his untamable hair.

Once he was presentable he headed to the dining area just to find a feast positioned nicely on the table. Just by looking all the food that was distributed throughout the table his mouth watered, already knowing that everything was going to taste delicious because Baekhyun was a professional cook, and one of the best at his young age furthermore. Definitely one of the benefits of having a cook as a boyfriend was the delicious and varied food that he could have at his disposal almost every day, especially if he himself didn’t even know how to make fried an egg. He also had the privilege to try all kind of food from different parts of the world because his boyfriend liked to experiment with international dishes as well.

This time his little boyfriend opted to make an American breakfast. There was bacon, omelette and toasts on one side. Natural orange juice to awaken their taste buds and some coffee just in case. Fruit salad, homemade oatmeal cookies and corn flakes cereal accompanied by white milk. Pancakes, and finally wholemeal bread with slices of ham.

“Wow.” Chanyeol merely said looking the food hungrily.

The smaller chuckled, happy for having surprised his man. “Come and sit, don’t just stand there watching.” Said with a small laugh.

Without further delay the taller sat down quickly to start devouring the delicacies that his boyfriend had prepared especially for him. But just as he was about to attack the food he realized that Baekhyun was seated in a chair and not on his lap as he usually did every morning. Hence, without making a move to get close to the food, he stayed still without doing anything while he stared at his boyfriend expectantly.

The blond-haired boy, feeling Chanyeol’s stare fixed on his face, made eye contact with the giant. Chanyeol continued to stare at him with big expectant eyes, as if he were waiting for something. At first the puppy didn’t understand what he wanted, but after a few seconds he realized what was going on in that head of his. So, with a sweet smile and bright eyes, he stood up and sat on the lap of his childish boyfriend, who wrapped his long arms immediately around his slim waist, burying his face in the crook of the smaller's neck to smell his distinctive scent. His baby boy had a rather unique smell actually, had a citrus scent mixed with something sweet that could perhaps be flowers. His obsession with his scent reached such extremes that for some time he used Baekhyun’s perfume to have that smell around him all the time considering that it was his favorite smell in the whole world, but he failed, so he concluded that the scent that made him go crazy was just Baekhyun’s natural smell or something.

“Feed me, puppy.” The giant whined still with his head buried in his neck, sounding like a bratty child, which wasn’t particularly his own fault because it was finally Baekhyun who spoiled him too much.

The petite boy immediately got his hands to work; he cut a piece of bacon while Chanyeol opened his mouth widely like a little boy at the same time his eyes danced in anticipation, making Baekhyun smile gleefully. He loved to see this happy and content Chanyeol, and this was one of the reasons why he pampered him so much, precisely because he wanted to see him smile every single day, wanted to see him enjoy his life for once. He didn’t want to see the Chanyeol he met five years ago, not in a million years, it would be too depressing.

After the giant finished eating the delicious breakfast, it was time to go to what the future held. He was nervous and tense, he had a feeling that he was going to forget everything he rehearsed the night before with the help of his puppy-like boyfriend. But he had to remind himself that if he didn’t get the job the world wasn’t going to end, after all it was the first interview of his life and enter the labor market was no joke.

“Just remember what I told you and you'll be fine, Channie.” The blond-haired boy said as he checked the final details, such as the hair, the position of the tie and if his boyfriend had anything in between his teeth. Everything was in order. Finally he looked into his eyes and gave him his famous eye-smile. “Perfect. You look very professional and handsome, as always, love.”

The giant chuckled. “Thank you, and you look absolutely beautiful, baby boy.”

The smaller boy blushed, tinting his chubby cheeks with a lovely pinkish color as he looked at his tall boyfriend with a small smile, embarrassed. And the petite boy looked so adorable and small that Chanyeol wanted to hug him and eat him with kisses, but he was running late and knew that if he kissed those luscious pink lips he would lose all track of time and space. So he just gave him a sweet kiss on each of his cheeks, said goodbye promising that he would think of him every time he felt like throwing up and left their apartment with a genuine smile on his face, thinking about the adorable blush on the adorable cheeks of his adorable baby boy.

Baekhyun noticed right away that something was wrong in the moment in which his boyfriend stepped into the apartment; Chanyeol hadn’t announced his arrival with an “I'm home, baby boy”, he didn’t even looked at him as he walked past him. The giant was definitely acting in a strange and unusual way, something had happened. Obviously his first thought was about the interview, thinking that perhaps it didn’t go very well. And being the patient and understanding lover that Baekhyun was he didn’t question him just yet, he simply stood on the sidelines while he watched how his boyfriend walked absently and slowly into the main room. The blond-haired boy knew his man very well, so he knew he needed time alone when something bothered him, he needed the solitude to calm the frustrations that could build up in his mind and that was what the puppy planned to give him for now; time alone.

Baekhyun waited patiently. He waited for minutes, even hours and when the sky turned dark he knew that something was very, very wrong with his giant. Not only he had remained locked in the room for hours but hadn’t left his refuge not even to eat something, besides he didn’t seem interested in knowing whether Baekhyun was somewhere inside the apartment or not either. This was really strange and he couldn’t keep on waiting without doing anything to try to figure out what the hell was going on with Chanyeol. Thus, with determination and resolve, he headed to their bedroom. Yet, when he was in front of the closed door he hesitated for a few seconds, not wanting to just come and demand an explanation. Baekhyun had always respected the privacy of others and it didn’t feel right to come and disturb his boyfriend out of nowhere, after all Chanyeol looked exhausted and disoriented when he saw him enter the apartment and didn’t want to burden the taller boy even more with annoying questions. But again, he should find out what was happening to help him solve whatever it was tormenting him. Therefore, bringing together all the courage left on his little body once again, placed his delicate hand on the doorknob and twisted it slowly. Baekhyun didn’t dare to enter right away, so he first poked his head to take a look, which was very difficult considering that Chanyeol hadn’t even the lights, leaving him in the dark and being the only source of light the light of the moon. The only thing he could see in the darkness was that his boyfriend was lying in the bed still in his formal attire. He didn’t know if he was awake or not though.

“Channie?” He whispered gently. “Are you awake?”

Silence.

“Channie, I'm going to turn on the light, all right?” He said in the same gentle and soft tone of voice, not caring if he was sleeping or not.

When the petite boy switched on the light he realized that his boyfriend wasn’t actually asleep but was staring at the ceiling with an absent look. He can clearly see that his mind was elsewhere, leaving behind only an inert body. In his face it could also be seen the bewilderment and frustration, an expression that the puppy had never seen in his boyfriend’s face before. And if his suspicions were correct, he couldn’t believe his giant were so affected by the interview of this morning, it was obviously an important issue, but it was his first time interacting with the labor market and didn’t have to be disappointed by the bad result he surely obtained in this interview, after all more opportunities would come in the future, so Baekhyun didn’t understand how a simple interview could leave his Chanyeol so lost and frustrated.

“Channie, are you okay, love?” He asked coming into the room, walking in his direction to sit on the edge of the bed just beside his boyfriend, who still didn’t acknowledge Baekhyun’s presence.

Baekhyun watched his face closely, waiting for a reaction on his part patiently, yet the seconds and minutes passed and Chanyeol didn’t even spare him a quick glance, fact that only got him more worried. This had never happened before … Well, not seen since a long time ago at least. He hadn’t seen him like this since they met five years ago.

“Something went wrong with the interview? Is that why you're like this?” He tried again, always with a soft voice, not wanting to seem too demanding. And due to the permanent silence of his boyfriend – who all he did was stare at the ceiling – Baekhyun started to get despaired. “Channie please, talk to me.” He begged worriedly. “You haven’t left the room since you got here, you haven’t eaten anything either … You haven’t even noticed my presence.” He added the last part in a quiet, sad voice.

Apparently that was enough to make the giant react, because after saying those words Chanyeol – still in his position – lifted his arm and put his hand on Baekhyun’s cheek as he looked at him apologetically. The smaller boy smiled slightly for finally having caught his attention as he leaned into Chanyeol’s soft touch.

“Come here, baby boy.” The black-haired boy said, imitating the faint smile of his little one.

Without wasting any more time Baekhyun climbed into bed in all fours and positioned himself between his boyfriend’s arms, leaning his head on his chest as he wrapped his thin arms around the giant’s waist. Chanyeol meanwhile put his chin above the petite’s head as he wrapped his arms around Baekhyun’s small frame, drawing him even closer to his body not wanting to leave an empty space between their bodies, not now when he needed urgently the warmth emanating from his body.

“I’m sorry.” The giant muttered looking down expecting to meet his puppy’s eyes, yet the latter had his face buried in his chest, which only made him feel guiltier. He had ignored his baby boy throughout the day and knowing Baekhyun he must have been very worried about his behavior. He shouldn’t have ignored him at all, because no matter what, Baekhyun wasn’t to blame for anything. He was innocent, too innocent actually and that was what the giant feared. The taller guy was afraid to break a kind, sweet and completely innocent man.

“It’s okay, just don’t do that again … I was worried, you know.” He murmured against his chest, and yet Chanyeol could understand every word perfectly.

Chanyeol just hummed in agreement as he started his boyfriend’s silky blonde hair slowly, taking the proper time to massage his scalp lovingly, knowing that his baby boy loved when he did this. If Baekhyun were a cat he would be purring right now, since he was really enjoying the attention he was getting from his man after being ignored almost the whole day. Although he still felt somewhat uneasy, he hadn’t figured out yet what was wrong with his lover after all. But now, looking at the situation in more detail, the puppy decided that he would remain silent until Chanyeol decided to entrust him his concerns by his own initiative. Baekhyun was confident that h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter