~01

Opposites Attract

 

"We have landed at Seoul airport. Thank you for flying S airline," announced the speaker projecting its voice across the airplane.

The passengers got up and out of their seats to get their luggage.

"Mom, isn't it weird to be back here after a long time," Sera told her mother while trying to open the cabinet above their seats.

"Of course, it was around six years ago since we were last here," said Mrs. Tuan.

Sera Tuan was born in the United States along with her bothers, Mark and Joey. She moved to South Korea at the age of 10 and that was when they met the Parks and Mark and Jinyoung instantly became best friends, which sometimes Sera would also tag along. When she was 17, she wanted to explore the world so she decided to study abroad in Taiwan. Mrs. Tuan also decided to go with her because was worried about Sera being alone. Mr. Tuan, Mark, and Joey stayed in Korea. Although they often came to visit Sera and her mother an their business trips and video chat when they had free time so it didn't feel so distant. Sera finished her high school and collage majoring in interior design in Taiwan. TF Design also has a building in Taiwan, so she studied some skills from the experts there. Now, after six years Sera Tuan is back.

They got off the plane and dragged their suitcases behind them.

 "Did you notice that the guy who was helping us with the luggage kept staring at you?" Asked Sera's mother.

"Ahh mom," laughed Sera. "You said that at the Taiwan airport too when the security guy was checking my passport. He was just his job mom," said Sera.

"Oh sweetie, some people act innocent, but they have different motives," said her mother. "I'm just saying you can't trust everyone you meet. So back to the topic of love. Do you like anyone right now?"

"Mom, you have been with me for these six years. Don't you think if I did I would have made it obvious?" Sera asked her mother.

"Well, did you like someone during high school," asked her mother.

"Ahh, why do you keep asking these kind of question?" Sera whined.

"Because I'm curious about your lovelife. Some guy might take advantage of you. You are still young, you date as much possible. Just because you miss doesn't mean you can try again. When I-" Sera's mother started.

"- was young I met many guys before I met my true love, which is your father." Sera finished for her. "You said this many times mom. And if you wanted to ask about someone's lovelife, ask Mark or Joey. They are in the same situation with me."

"No they are not. I don't need to worry about the boys. Mark has been dating someone for eight months now. Joey is dating a girl since last year, his first year of collage, which also where he met her. Isn't cute? You're the only one left," said her mother.

"They do?! How come they never told me?," Sera asked with a shocked expession on her face.

A man walked towards them. "Hi, you are miss Sera and madame Tuan right? I'm am your driver for today," he said.

While the driver put their suitcases into the car trunk, Sera and her mother settled into the car.

The car arrived at the house and the driver pulled thier suitcases.

The household greeted them with smiles. "Maid Kim, Butler Kwon," Sera called running up them and pulling them in for a hug. To Sera, they weren't just staff they were family.

"Where's my hug?" Called the voice from behind them. "Dad!" Sera yelled running towards him.

"Where has my little girl been? You have grown up a lot since I last saw you person," said her father.

Her brothers, Mark and Joey were there too.

They finished up their hugging session.

Sera nudged her brother Mark who was standing next to her.

"What?" Mark asked.

"You never told me about having a girlfriend," said Sera frowning.

"Mom told you?"

"Yup."

"I knew you'd be upset, but I thought you might feel bad about not having a boyfriend. I mean, you know mom nags you about enough already. I'm sorry... I'll let you meet her next time," Mark told her.

"Tomorrow?" Sera asked.

"No, some other time. We have dinner at the Parks' house tomorrow," said Mark.

"Fine,"said Sera carrying her stuff up the stairs. The butler rushed over to help her.

 


Please leave any comments.I love reading them.