My Hero

His Little Kitten

I ran through the woods as fast as I could. Right behind me I hear horrid shouts and screams, I couldn't quite make out what was being said. I ran for my life, I didn't care what or who was behind me. I just needed out of there. It was dark and I was quite scared; ironic, huh? 'Cmon, be brave!' I thought to myself, as a broken record over and over in my head, hoping I would listen to myself.
    After moments of hearing screaming and shouting while running for my life, I trip, causing myself to fall onto the muddy, dirty ground with a thump. I had twisted my ankle and was struggling to get back up. The men were even closer, close enough to hear what they were saying now: "Get that wretched monster!" "Kill it!" "It doesn't need to be alive, it would only cause trouble!". I tried to get up but only limped about a foot ahead of where I was before. 'So, this is the end?' I thought. I turned around and seen the group of men before me, walking towards me with weapons in hand. I tried backing away with my elbows and what I could with my legs, but did not get very far. One of the men had a gun towards me and was about to pull the trigger until I seen a black blur appear and tackle the man. 
    Once the man had stopped tumbling, I had gotten a clear view of what the black blur was. It was another man that had nice raven black hair, crimson eyes, tall and slim, and was dressed in a nice black suit. He had looked up at me and grinned. "Why, my lady, were these people trying to kill such a devine creature such as yourself?" he asked in a slightly amused tone. He then looked at the man he had just tackled and had used a much less amused tone but rather an annoyed one. "You know, it is quite rude to try and kill a lady, especially when she had done nothing wrong". The other men that were there were stunned and didn't move in the slightest, which in my guess is their best choice at the moment. 
    The man with the gun had glared at the man in black and yelled in his face. "Why does it matter to you?! She is a monster, she isn't human and she could cause problems!" Then the man quickly got up and tried to shoot me again but the man, my hero, had kicked him into a tree and then held him there. "I don't see a problem with her not being human. But, sir, don't try to kill her ever again" he threatened as his eyes glew a bright fusia. 'I don't believe he is human either' I thought. 'How else is he keeping that man still, that man is bigger than he is. And why would his eyes glow like that?' 
    The man had fainted and fell to the ground, I guess from shock, the man with the raven hair hadn't done anything to him. The group of men thought differently and ran away. 'Why do all humans assume the wrong things?!' I think to myself before I look up to see my hero walk towards me. He had left the fainted man where he was and came to check if I was alright. "My lady, are you hurt anywhere?" He looked sincerely at me. The fusia in his eyes almost immediately faded back to crimson as he checked me over. "Honestly, everywhere" I croaked out. "But I think my ankle is either sprained or broken". He held out a hand for me to take so he could help me get off the ground. He put his arm around me to support me, he was quite strong.
    For the first time, I had actually calmed down a bit and took time to notice how handsome he was. For some odd reason, my heart began to race more than it already was. "I'm sure you are wondering who your hero is" he chuckled. "My name is Sebastian Michaelis, Earl Phantomhive's butler. What is your name, Miss?". I gulped and answered shyly, "My name is Lilly Sullivan, and as you can clearly see, I am a neko". He chuckled again and whispered closely to me. "Well, I do have an admiration to cats" and then he winked. I felt my face get hot and I tried not to make eye contact. 
    "Well, my lady, this will not do, I shall have to carry you" he said and then swooped me up in his arms bridal style, walking forward as if he knew an exact place as to where he was going. "Uh, S-Sebastian, where are we going?" I stuttered out. "Oh, ha, I forgot to mention that I will be taking you to the Phantomhive manor. I'm sure my master will let you stay." He grinned. He had a beautiful smile. But then another thought struck my mind, my family will not be fed and took care of and if I leave now, they would be left alone to die. "Oh, but what about my family?" I had asked. He looked down at me "Family?". 'Well, he did mention he liked cats...' I thought. "Yes, my family. But, my family isn't what you think it is. They are roughly around twenty stray cats that I have rescued and brought home with me." I said almost all in one breath. He smiled, an even bigger smile than before. "You know,Miss Sullivan,the more I know you, the better I like you. You're a very unique and interesting creature. As for your family, we cannot bring them into the mansion with us. My master would not allow it. But, they can go in a special place outside of the mansion where you can feed them and visit them anytime you like. Not to mention, they would be safe as well" he said softly. "Thank you so much, for everything. I really do appreciate it. If it weren't for you, I would probably being lying out here dead. So, thank you, Sebastian." He simply gave me grin. "It is no problem at all. If I couldn't save a misunderstood lady from a group of men trying to kill her, then what kind of a butler would I be?" And then we were off to the Phantomhive manor.