How I Ended Up In This Mess

His Little Kitten

I ran through the woods, as fast as I could. Right behind me I hear horrid shouts and screams, I couldn't quite make out what was being said. I ran for my life, I didn't care what or who was behind me. I just needed out of there.
                                                                                                   Flashback
    I put on my pale purple and black dress, as I tucked my lilac colored tail underneath. A cute hat to match the dress covered my ears and fixed my long lilac hair into a low bun. As a neko, I had to hide all of my "flaws", if not, I'm sure people would kill me for being different. Everytime I go out, I had to hide myself, even if it was to go to the market. That's where I was going to that day, to feed my family and myself.
    Now my family isn't the type of family everyone thinks of. My family is a lot of stray cats that I have rescued and brought to my home. Right now, I have roughly around twenty cats. They are my life and I simply cannot live without them.
    I walked out into the streets of London, a bit nervous. On my way to the market, I looked steadily around with strawberry red eyes, making sure nobody expected anything of me. I noticed a little girl running up to me.
    "You're so pretty!" the little  one exclaimed, looking at me with awe. I couldn't help but feel a warmth in my heart. I have never been called pretty, or any nice thing at all really. I usually get stares full of hatred. But this girl had something different about her. It was in her eyes. Kindness? Maybe even trust? I have never been looked at this way before but it felt wonderful. I felt like I had made a friend.
    "Would you like to play with me, my name's Emma!" she said as she did a little curtsy. I returned it with a chuckle. "I would be honored to, my lady". I was only but a block away to the market, so I figured I could spend some time with the little one. We played patty cake, used our imagination and did all sorts of things little kids like to do. I know I am not a child anymore but I enjoyed it and she seemed to as well, that is until the wind blew.

     The wind came hard enough to knock the hat off my head, showing my ears. Emma gasped at the sight but then started giggling. "So the legends of nekos are true!" and kept her smile as big as she could. But little did I know that Emma's mother was across the street, watching us. The middle aged woman ran over and immediately grabbed up her child. "Don't touch her, you monster!" the woman screamed. Other people had heard her and looked in our direction. There were gasps in surprise and whispers. "Well, don't just stand there, get her before she does any damage!" I heard a man say, pointing at me.

    Almost instantly, there was a group of men trying to gather around me. Without hesitating, I ran in the opposite direction. I didn't have a clue as to where I was going but I knew I had to find some way to get away from there. 'I don't want to die' I thought in my head. 'All I wanted to do was to have a peaceful day and feed my family, why can't anyone understand?!' Tears ran down my face as I ran. Not long after, I realized the scenery around me. I realized I had ran into the woods.
                                                                                                 End of Flashback