1.

Waiting For You

Luhan’s life was crap, yeah, definitely crap.

He didn’t choose this life so why did he have to be stuck with it?  Someone else who had this power would have probably made better use of it. Luhan didn’t do anything with it, except maybe help some of his friends, but to him it was useless.

He couldn’t even see his own string.

‘I mean what the hell? If you're going to give me this power, at least let me be able to see my own!’ A thought he’d always get whenever he was irritated or annoyed by his ability.

Ok, you might be confused as to what situation Luhan is in, so lets start by explaining everything from the very beginning.

 


Luhan’s life has never been easy.

Since his infant days, he had this ability to see strings.

Not just any strings, but the so called ‘red strings of faith’.

His friends called it a special ability, but Luhan calls it a curse some witch casted upon him in his previous life.

The ‘red string of faith’ is a belief where everyone has a red string tied around their pinkies and that string is connected to someone else in the world who is your destined lover; regardless of the time, place, or the circumstance.

Well, I guess it’s not a belief anymore right?


The string may stretch or tangle, but it may never break.

In easy words, the red string of fate leads you to your destined soul mate.

 

Anyway, back to Luhan’s life.

No one believed him when he told them that they had a red string tied around their pinkies. They all thought Luhan had a very wild imagination as a kid. Over the years, he did learn to ignore the strings in his everyday life. But no one seemed to ever believe him, until a boy named Oh Sehun entered his life.  

Sehun and Luhan has been friends for so long no one actually knew how many years they’ve been together. Luhan moved to Seoul from Beijing when he was only eight years old, thus speaking both languages fluently.

Sehun was seven when they met, but that didn’t stop him from befriending Luhan. He was actually the first person to come up to Luhan to say hi at their school. Everyone was too afraid of coming near Luhan due to his nationality; which lead to Luhan being a very quiet kid throughout his school life. He made many friends eventually when his Korean gotten better, but before that, there was only Sehun.

There has always been only Sehun to Luhan.

Luhan didn’t know who he was tied too, but if you asked him to guess, he would probably say Sehun.

He saw Sehun’s string every single day, but it was so messed up and tangled he could never see who it led to. Also, the fact that he couldn’t touch the strings made it even harder.

Everything was fine until another exchange student from China came.

His name was Huang Zitao (they called him Tao) and he messed up every plan Luhan had with Sehun.

Since Sehun was naturally kind hearted, he befriended Tao and ever since then he started doubting that the person at the end of Sehun’s string was him.

He doubted it even more when he asked Sehun...

“If you thought one person in your life now was tied to your red string, who would it be?”

Sehun looked at Luhan with a surprised expression before hesitantly, but shyly answering “I-I don’t know, I guess, T-Tao?”

All of his remaining hope disappeared when Sehun and Tao finally announced they were going out during the last term of ninth grade.

Luhan was completely heart broken. He cried for days and days. He didn’t come out of his room. He locked himself away from everyone and everything in the world, including Sehun. At first he smiled  and told them congratulations when Sehun personally came up to him to announce the big news.

Sehun didn’t see how heart broken he was. He probably didn’t even notice the elder’s absence because he was too busy being lovey dovey with Tao, but that didn’t stop Luhan from loving Sehun.

Yes, Luhan loved Sehun. So much that it hurt.

After a month of complete isolation, Luhan decided to move on. He convinced his parents he was old enough to live by himself. He was going to go to college in two years, so he decided to finish his junior and senior year somewhere else. He moved to the other side of the city since he wasn’t ready to leave the country nor the city yet, and started school at Seoul’s all boy school named, Genie’s Art High school.  

It was the most prestigious and expensive school in the country, and Luhan got a full scholarship (also it was a private school which meant that they had to take extremely hard test before entering the school). His grades were always the highest back in his old school. He would get As in almost every class, except for gym class; there really isn’t anything he isn’t good at.

He definitely did not tell Sehun about this, he didn’t even leave a note or letter to inform the younger that he would be moving. He was indirectly rejected, he couldn’t face the younger just yet.

He told Kris because he knew that Kris was also heart broken from the news, and Yixing who wasn’t supportive of the idea at first, but decided it was for the best.

Luhan later found out that there were dorms provided for students, so he decided to stay there instead of finding a place outside of the school, not that it mattered since his family was pretty wealthy. Another thing he found out that made him even happier was the fact that he didn’t have a roommate. He hated having people on his bed anyway, Sehun used to be an exception but not anymore though.

The room was pretty big. There were one and a half floors. A built in stair case that lead to another bed on the second floor. It was right above the bed on the first floor. The living room space was big with one couch and two chairs on each sides, a t.v in the middle, and two desks across from each other near the entrance of the room. It looked more like an apartment than a dorm room.

 

-Back to present day-

 

Luhan, now starting his senior year, has finally convinced himself that he has moved on from Sehun and that he does not miss the younger one bit.

When their homeroom teacher announced the new rule of  ‘No one was allowed to have a single room because there will be a lot more students apparently,’  Luhan couldn’t have been any happier.

That was sarcasm if you haven’t caught on.

Luhan groans as he bangs his head against his desk, causing his seat mate/new best friend to flinch a bit.

“What’s wrong Lulu?” Baekhyun asks.

Luhan met Baekhyun once he first arrived on campus. He was lost and no one was willing to help him until a cute boy wearing heavy eyeliner introduced himself as the school’s vice president. He said the president was some guy name Kyungsoo and Junmyeon (they got equal votes on the elections, so they decided to share the position), and later throughout the year became friends with Kyungsoo too.

Baekhyun and Kyungsoo were also seniors and shared some classes together.

Baekhyun was known as the major diva throughout the school. Which is why he refused to call Luhan ‘hyung’ even though he’s younger.

Everyone was scared of him because of a fight he had with one of the strongest guy in the school. He didn’t physically fight, no Baekhyun was too weak for that, but he was good with words. He made the poor boy cry in 5 minutes with half the school watching him. It happened because he accidentally pushed Baekhyun’s arm when he was applying his eyeliner; Luhan will never forget that day.

If his boyfriend wasn’t there in time, the boy would have probably peed his pants.

Chanyeol, that was Baekhyun’s boyfriend name. They’ve been together since freshman year and was known as the SC (school’s couple). Everyone adored them; students, teachers, even the head mistress adored them.

Then there was Kyungsoo. Innocent, little, Kyungsoo.

He is probably one of the nicest person Luhan has ever met, most likely why he was elected president. He had amazing grades, he was polite, obedient, and really sweet (but his inner diva could get loose sometimes). There was no one in this school who doesn’t fanboy over Kyungsoo, Baekhyun wasn’t an exception. Kyungsoo would’ve been eaten alive by now if it wasn’t for his ‘bodyguard’ Jongin.

Jongin wasn’t really Kyungsoo’s bodyguard. Even though he was a grade below them, he claimed Kyungsoo on the first day of school, even before Kyungsoo could protest. They weren’t an official couple, but everyone knew they liked each other.

Jongin was the complete opposite of Kyungsoo.

Trouble maker, messy dyed-blonde hair, crooked tie.

President of the Student Council, nicely combed black hair, neatly tied tie.

They were like water and fire, but they still manage. Not like Luhan was jealous or anything.

“Didn’t you hear? I’m getting a roommate this year,” Luhan whines.

“That’s not so bad, you could get some really hot guy and you’ll end up falling in love and sharing the same bed,” Baekhyun starts fantasising.

“It’s not that simple Baek, I already told you, true love isn’t easy to find.”

Luhan had already told his them about his ability and they seemed to believe him. Jongin didn’t at first but Kyungsoo managed to get him to change his mind somehow. Baekhyun was squealing like a girl when he found out because he always believed in these sorts of magical myths.

“I know, red string of faith, blah, blah, blah. But hyung, maybe this will be your guy!”

“Maybe.”

 

~*~

 

“Class listen up,” Mr. Lee says as he walks into the classroom. “For all the single roomers in this class, I’ve placed your roommate lists  outside. Please check them out before leaving to your other classes.”

Luhan looks up unenthusiastically.

“Lulu! Go check it out,” Baekhyun nudges Luhan’s side.

“Whatever,” Luhan says before lazily dragging himself towards the bulletin board outside the class.

Baek Soo Min - Park Bae Hyun

Kim Min Soo - Lee Dong Hae

Kim Rae In - Jung Hong lee

Lee Min Ho - Kim Baek jin

Lu Han - Oh Se Hun

Lee Jung Seuk - Kim Woo Bin

Park Jin-

Wait.

Wait.

What!? MY ROOMMATE IS OH FREAKING SEHUN?!

Calm down Luhan, calm down it might be another Oh Sehun. I mean they're so many Ohs out there! Um, well you only know one... But that doesn't matter! There are many people in Korea, I’m pretty sure this is another Oh Sehun.

Luhan walks back to his desk looking like a mad man. He walked into a million other students and tables, eyes casted down on the floor while dragging himself back to his desk; a dark aura following behind him.

He pulls out his chair and sat down. Luhan couldn’t believe what was going on. It wasn’t possible. Even if it was his Sehun, more like Tao’s, why would he move here? He was perfectly fine at his old school. Not like Luhan was stalking him or anything but-

“What’s wrong? You look like you’ve just seen a ghost,” Baekhyun says worriedly.

He swats Baekhyun’s hands away from his face. “N-Nothing, it’s nothing.”

 

~*~


After the last bell goes off, Luhan hurries to keep his stuff and runs back to his room. He was hoping that he would arrive before Sehun did, and if it was really the same Sehun then he wanted to be there so he could take everything in instead of having a mental breakdown.

Luckily, he arrices before his new roommate did, which made Luhan way more relieved than ever. He went into the bathroom to wash his face, not hearing the sound of the door opening then closing.

Luhan draps a towel over his shoulder and wipes his face softly as he walks out of the bathroom. He notice someone sitting back towards him on the couch and his eyes widen in fear.

The stranger glances back before quickly standing up and turning to look at Luhan.

Hyung.”