Chapter 7

It Happened In New York

The ceremony went on without a hitch, everything was perfect. Just the way Anna wanted it. The reception took place at a nearby hotel and it was even more beautiful than Nahla expected. It was huge inside the hall, of course it had to be in order to fit over 100 people.  There were white and purple roses everywhere and the decorations were out of this world. Nahla knew no one but she wasn't really worried because she was a friendly person. Before finding her seat, Nahla went to the bar. She glided through the over crowded room until she got there.

"Can I please get an apple martini." She took a seat at the bar and waited for her martini.

"Nahla?" The voice sounded familiar but she couldn't put a finger on it.  She looked next to her and found T.O.P leaning against the bar counter. Looking shocked as though he's seen a ghost.

"Hi." She couldn't help but blush and smile. Here she was again with T.O.P, imagine that!

"Uhm how have you been?" He took the empty seat next to her.

"Can I please get a shot of bourbon." He asked the bartender when Nahla's martini arrived.

"Stressed but good. Thanks for asking." She took a light sip. She just couldn't believe that she was at a wedding, at a bar and having a conversation with a celebrity.

"And yourself?" This time she turned to look at him.

"Exhausted." He chuckled.

"I can imagine. I hardly slept last night and add that to jet lag and waking up early this morning."

"Which table are you at?" He asked.

"I think it's 15."

"Great. Me too. I would like to continue this conversation." Seung Hyun helped Nahla off the high bar chair and led her to table 15. For the rest of the night, they were uninterested in what was happening around them and they were rather engulfed in their own little bubble. The first dance came and went, food came and went and the party carried on without them but they didn't care. They were happy just as is.

"Wow is that the time?" Nahla glanced at her phone and realized it was passed midnight.

"I should probably get going. It was really fun getting to know you a little." She collected her clutch bag.

"Wait. I'll uhm accompany you to your hotel. Just to make sure you get there safely. Uhm it's late and you shouldn't be alone." Nahla chuckled. He was so cute!

"Alright then. Let's go." They walked side by side until they were outside. Seung Hyun hailed a cab and before they knew it, they were at their destination. 
They jumped out of the cab and stood in front of the hotel. 
Nahla still couldn't believe the night she had. It was more than amazing.

"Thank you for an amazing night."

"It was wasn't it?" Seung Hyun looked into her eyes. He felt comfortable with her and all this time he never thought he would see her again.

"I guess I'll see you back in Korea?" He asked.

"Maybe." She teased.

"I know people, finding out where you live or where you work won't be a problem." He bragged.

"Stalker." She joked.

"Thank you once again T.O.P."

"It's Seung Hyun."

"Good night."

"Good night." She turned around and walked inside. She didn't want to leave and she didn't want the night to end but like all things, it had to come to an end. She had the best night of her life, who knew he was this smart or this amazing in person? She just couldn't believe the night she had. It was whimsical, almost like a dream. Seung Hyun felt the exact same way she did. They just clicked, they could talk about anything and what made her more attractive is that she had a sense of humor.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

A few days later, back in Korea, life carried on for Nahla. She hadn't bragged about her amazing night with Seung Hyun nor did she mention a word to anyone.

"Morgan, I need you to please cancel all my appointments for today. I have an urgent family matter to sort out. My planner is on my desk, there's just a few errands you need to run." Nahla had got a call from her mother saying that her aunt had a heart attack and she is now in the hospital. Nahla called Morgan immediately and told her to come to her apartment. There was some important things Morgan had to do while Nahla rushed to the hospital.

"No problem." Morgan kept her replies short, it was obvious that Nahla wasn't 
in a good mood. 
There was a faint knock on the door just then.

"I'll get it." Morgan said.

"No it's okay. I'll get it." Nahla walked to the door and opened it and much to her surprise, she saw Seung Hyun standing and looking ever so radiant.

"What are you doing here?" Nahla asked in shock.

"I told you I'd find out where you live."
Nahla chuckled and even in her stressed state, he managed to calm her down with just that few words.

"Come in."

"This is Morgan." She introduced the two. 
For a while Seung Hyun stood and stared at Morgan. She was absolutely perfect. From her face to her body.

"I really really have to get going. Morgan will you please lock up my apartment? I'll fetch my keys later." Morgan broke her eye contact with Seung Hyun to nod at Nahla. Nahla left the two alone, this was Morgan's chance. She knew she couldn't waste this opportunity. She eyed Seung Hyun like how a lioness would eye it's prey. This was the man she waited for. This was it.

"So how do you know Nahla?" He asked. He found her stunning, collected, everything he needed and best of all, she could fit well into his lifestyle.

"I started working for her a few months ago."

"This is going to sound a bit out of hand but are you busy later? Maybe we could go out for dinner." He was love struck. He wouldn't even think straight and construct a proper sentence.

"I've done the whole 'dating a famous person' thing and I'm done with that." She lied. Obviously but she knew she had to deny him. There was no woman that said no to him and her saying no would make him think that she's a genuine lady looking for more than a famous actor.

"But you haven't been out with me. I'm different." He almost pleaded.

"Nahla knows me. I'm the perfect gentleman." He said with a tone of proudness.

"Just dinner?" Her voice was angelic, her looks were insane. She was the envy of most women and he was determined to make her his.

"Just dinner. I promise."

"Alright. Just dinner." He didn't know it yet but he just signed a deal with the devil.