Chapter 1

It Happened In New York

It was the first day of spring. The birds were chirping, the air had a different pep to it and people were smiling. Seoul had a whole new atmosphere but although Nahla Nagasaki loved spring, she had no time to think about it. One of her closest friends was getting married in a few weeks time. Not only did her friend ask her to design and sew a wedding dress but she also asked her to design and sew bridesmaid dresses. Nahla was offered to be a bridesmaid but she just couldn't. Her work schedule wouldn't allow her to. Nahla had other commitments. She had so many other wedding dresses that needed her attention, but she was used to all this bustle. Spring was her busiest time, weddings every weekend. She was thankful she worked from home, no official bridal store to add to her stresses. She did have her assistant Morgan. Morgan was beautiful. Tall.  Slender. The dream of every man. She had just broken it off with boyfriend number thirteen if Nahla remembers correctly. But Morgan was desperate for a job,  she was in a terrible state when Nahla hired her. Her car was repossessed and she was barely surviving.

"I'll be in New York for the weekend of the wedding. I'll be flying back on Monday morning." Nahla and Morgan were going through their schedules. At a nearby cafe.

"Everything will be taken care of until I get back." Nahla continued. She wouldn't admit it to herself but she was terrified leaving Morgan alone. Nahla knee Morgan was just not cut out for the life of a working woman. Leaving her alone to run the business was like asking a scientist to run a liquor store. Possible but a daring task.

"When I get back, we'll at least have a few days rest before we have to get back to work. My next appointment is a week after the wedding." Nahla rested her pen that sat comfortably in her hand for the last thirty minutes. She gently ran her long and delicate fingers through her long ombre shaded hair.

"Great. While you're away, a girlfriend of mine got me invited to Choi Siwon's birthday bash. I am so excited." She beamed. Nahla looked at this clueless woman with irritation.

"That is great." Nahla added sarcastically.

"If I don't meet a rich guy there then I honestly don't know anymore." Morgan has been trying her luck to find a man that would make her comfortable. Although Nahla is trying to help her out, she can't help but disagree with her tactics. Nahla believed in hard work and independence as a woman. For Morgan however, independence didn't really fit in her vocabulary. Along with many other things like hard work or love.

"I need to be going to check up on the factory. I will give you a call if I need anything else." Nahla snapped her planner closed, closed her pen and shoved the pen and planner into her bag.

"Okay boss. I'll see you soon." Nahla smiled and left. Nahla didn't have time for this, if she didn't have a soft spot, she would have gotten rid of Morgan a long time ago.

 

***Okay so this is the first chapter and it is a bit short, I do apologize for that. I hope you all enjoy the first chapter! ^^***