2nd Ahh the pleasure

Perfect Pretence
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Check the A/n for your daily dose of KJI :)

Jongin watched in pleasure as the victim of his satisfaction, stealthily backed away from the members of the student council who were still giving them weird glances, which he was totally okay with. With the type of personality and status he had in college, it was a given that he is already used to relentless glances thrown his way in a daily basis but he’s not so sure about Kwon Naeun though.

If he looked back at everything that happened today since morning, his institution screamed for bad omen of the morning and right now he’s having a headache. But every pain was thrown out the window as soon as he saw the annoyed expression of his arch enemy, pleasure of his twenty-two year old life; Kwon Naeun having the worst day possible for a college student. It all started when he showed up thirty minutes late to his Mathematical Finance lecture which is very uncharacteristic of him. He is left with nothing but his tardiness to blame for, and of course his love affair with his bed. He was tired to his nails because of all the dancing practices and late night cramming lessons he had from one of his seniors for the upcoming in-class test, he wanted only five more minutes of sleep. It wasn’t his fault that the alarm was so freaking loud and annoying more than any other day that made him want to throw it at the wall. It resulted in neatly shattered halves of the innocent object and also he ended up sleeping for another twenty minutes. Right now he couldn’t think straight because of the intensifying ache in his head but he think he got out of the wrong side of the bed in all his clumsy marathon to the bathroom earlier, hence the bad omen. On top of that his mom thought that he would drop dead on the road if he skipped breakfast for once and that’s a story to tell at another time.  

He had to skip the first lecture, and then he came face to face with Mrs. Im the overly curious professor of the lecture when he was called for the Dean’s office for a reason unknown. He uttered some smooth lies about traffic and weather to the said middle aged woman paired with his signature smile and of course she agreed right away. After all he was her favorite student.

The situation inside the Dean’s office was nothing better, far much worse to be honest. He did a quick scan of the room Mr.Insung their Dean with furrowed eyebrows and imposing aura; not so good, Mrs. Yuri their ballet coach with a stoic expression; bad, and lastly his girlfriend Sooyoung looking a bit more nervous than his liking; really bad. As soon as his girlfriend came into his view red lights went off in his head, all the people in the room as a whole wasn’t a healthy combination to be put together at all, given the conversation he had with his girlfriend yesterday.

“Come take a sit Jongin. We have something we need clarification about. Something Miss. Sooyoung here said to us” The dean beckoned him towards the seat next to Sooyoung which he took cautiously, while assembling his mind for the best choice of answers for the possible questions.

“Our Sooyoung here got selected to the Swalonskis’ and it’s one of the best in the ballet scene right now. They have this quiet strict policy of background checks, bonds and all since they only need the best. Unfortunately only one day, after I got the call from the academy regarding the acceptance of my student” Mrs. Yuri glanced at Sooyoung and continued in her professional tone “and then yesterday I got another call from them telling that they are not so sure about the decision anymore. Apparently someone not happy about my student being in the team tipped them off about Mr. Jongin and Miss. Sooyoungs’ relationship which is quiet popular that is concerning.”

Jongin remained silent looking straight at Mrs. Yuri, until their Dean started his turn to ramble.

“This is the thing Jongin, I don’t care if you date or not and honestly I can’t with your age, I mean you are adults now. I think it’s okay given that both of you are outstanding model students of this college and you two are loved as a pair by the whole university. But since this is concerning a great chance for Sooyoung to achieve her lifelong dream and of course our ballet team to widen it’s span, and that has turned into this now, we’re so worried”

Jongin took a deep breath while looking subtly at Sooyoung for confirmation as they have already prepared a good comeback for those questions.

“Mr. Insung if the thing you’re worried about is me dating Sooyoung then don’t be. I mean we called it an end last week between us, since she’s so busy with practice and all. It can’t work that way” he said while signaling between him and Sooyou

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter