The feeling of being used

Perfect Pretence
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I know that the first few chapters are short, irregular and boring but they are really important to the growth of the story. So please bare withme until everything gets better hopefully.

Naeun got out of the black Cadillac near the bus stop of her college. There was only a small number of students lingering there, compared to the main gate or the parking lot, even in the morning hours in which the most students had the lectures. Given the prestigious status of the college, travelling by their own vehicle or a chauffer driven vehicle was commonplace and taking public transportation was limited to only few students.

Mr.Lee the elderly chauffer turned towards the backseat with a concerned look she is far more familiar with while muttering “Miss.Kwon you know that Mr.Kwon won’t be happy to hear that you’re getting off of the vehicle halfway” which she replied with a practiced “Dad won’t know Mr.Lee. Don’t worry. Remember it’s a secret between you and me”. She winked playfully at the said man.

Mr.Lee was one of the oldest chauffeurs their family had and had been tending to her since like she can remember, making him the partner-of-crime of sorts to Naeun. The old man was there to witness every phase and up and down she went through her life, as he gave her an understanding nod. This habit of her getting off from the vehicle outside of school bothered him so much but nevertheless he let her, since it made her feel good. Naeun was more than thankful for that silent acceptance. If she went in front of the students in that extravagant vehicle it is sure to draw excess attention and it is the last thing Naeun wanted on her.

It has been years since she started to do this every morning to the point it has become her everyday life, avoiding large noisy crowds, and getting as much as small attention possible.

 When she was diagnosed after an illness the doctors called as social anxiety, with mild Agoraphobia or whatever that medical jargon is, after that fateful day at one of her fathers’ parties everything took a turn to worse in her life. They said it was because of the trauma she suffered after an incident where she got lost in a large crowd away from her parents and almost got stomped on, during a carnival at the tiny age of five. When she was diagnosed even she was too young to understand those complex words so she thought she was having a deadly disease hence her fathers’ cold treatment. She never complained although the change in attitude of her father towards her hurt the small heart then. It still does at some points of her life.

Her father who was considered as one of the best economists of the country with a doctorate in actuarial science was shocked to find out that his daughter was suffering from a mental illness, not to mention to have it discovered in an acquaintance party in front of all of his high class political and social associates.

All though the psychiatrists said that it’s a mild case still in the beginning stages and with proper treatment it wouldn’t be a bother to her normal life but according to her mother his father was too busy with the idea that his daughter was a mental patient and that she wouldn’t grow up to be the intellectual daughter he wanted the world to know as his blood and flesh.

Her father who was her ultimate role model and who was once caring and loving towards her turned to a cold and brooding figure in front of her while all of his undivided love went towards her elder sister. She was depressed and wasn’t the once cheerful girl anymore. She was ambitious to change everything, be the girl her father wanted and also to achieve everything her elder sister did and surpass her. It wasn’t any petty rivalry between sisters she loved her very much and was the only person she looked upon to rely on. She even gave up on her favorite subject microbiology and instead took upon economic and statistics, did everything in her power even neglecting her own self being labeled as the nerd.

She sighed at all the overwhelming memories and checked her watch to be informed that if she walked like

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter