amusingmurdermachine

❄ LIGHTSABER ONESHOP ❄ (OPEN, HIRING)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

TITLE: GOODBYES ARE NOT FOREVER
BY: BULOUP

PROMPT: THOUGH CLOSE, THE TERM BEST FRIEND IS NOT USED OFTEN. WHEN JONGIN HAS TO MOVE ACROSS TO ANOTHER COUNTRY IN SEARCH OF WORK, JONGIN REALISES THAT MAYBE HE DOESN'T TELL CHANYEOL HOW MUCH HE MEANS TO HIM ENOUGH.
PAIRING(S): CHANKAI
GENRES: BROMANCE, SLIGHT ANGST

 

Jongin buzzes on Chanyeol’s doorbell looking sombre, the night sky shadowing his face and making his eyes seem dull in the moonlight. “Can you come down for a moment?” he mumbles into the microphone. Chanyeol doesn’t open the door immediately, though maybe Jongin expected too much of him. 

The truth is that Jongin is really going to miss Chanyeol and, although he doesn’t like to admit this to anybody — not himself, and especially not Chanyeol as he’d never hear the end of it if he did — Chanyeol is the only person he had really been sticking around for. 

But finally, an opportunity had arisen and it was one that Jongin couldn’t turn down. Maybe a few months ago he would have stayed here, in his familiar hometown with everything else comforting, but nowadays, Jongin had found himself feeling lost no matter which street he ended up on. 

Just when Jongin is about to turn away, to forget completely what he cycled eleven blocks to tell Chanyeol, the door opens to find the latter standing in the hallway of his apartment building wearing a dressing gown and fluffy slippers. 

Chanyeol laughs, his chuckles broken between a stifled yawn. “I thought that was you over the intercom. What’s up?” 

“I’m moving to England. I’ve been offered a job as a translator for a major corporation and… the amount of money they’re offering me is insane, and you know how much I’ve always wanted to travel abroad…” Jongin can’t stop himself from rambling, but he finds that he can’t stop looking at Chanyeol, whose face is blank and serene.

Jongin only manages to take his eyes off of Chanyeol for a second to scan the neighbourhood behind him. Everything seemed to peaceful, yet to Jongin, it was like the whole wor

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter