fin

4TH GIFT

At six pm in the Christmas evening baekhyun just finished his shower. He comes out from the shower with a fresh feeling mentally and physically, he keep smiling to his reflection in the mirror as he dry his hair, thanking to whoever up there to give him such a curvy hips that his boyfriend loves so much. Still smiling to his reflection he hums jingle bells song as he mentally praising his beautiful features happily, how he wait the whole year for this day to come.

 

Chanyeol asked him out to spend the whole Christmas Eve and Christmas just the two of them. Chanyeol is his four years long boyfriend if you count this year too. He’s the stupidest boyfriend ever, he has this weird habit of twitching his eyes whenever he laugh too hard but weirdly even, baekhyun find that twitching eyes endearing. Chanyeol also has this weird body proportion where his body is too tall almost a giant like but he’s too lanky to be a giant, and his dumb wide ears that stick out make him look more stupid, chanyeol is stupid, but chanyeol is the bestest boyfriend he could ever ask. Chanyeol is… chanyeol is everything, he’s nice, he’s handsome, he has a deep y voice, he has a cute laugh that sounds nice in his ears, and he loves chanyeol so much. Don’t ask him how much he loves the giant, he loves him so much that sometimes he forgot to love him self. But loving himself become didn’t matter anymore since he has chanyeol to loves him.  

Chanyeol and him always spent their Christmas together, only the two of them spending every single magical hour in Christmas. Since they start got together in the Christmas too, they made Christmas as their own things, their time of the year, and the remainder of the birthday of their young beautiful relationship. Every year Chanyeol surprisingly always brought unexpected christmas gift for him, and each year some how the gift are like the symbols of how serious their relationship is, the gift are the symbol of how every year their relationship would take another step to the next more serious level.

At their first christmas after a whole year together, baekhyun was a , he never once let just any man touch him, but at his first anniversary he let chanyeol take him, he let his ity taken away as his own gift for Christmas from his boyfriend, chanyeol.

At their second year, chanyeol asked him to moved in together with him, and baekhyun nods too embarrassingly eager at chanyeol request because he already imagine since long ago how is life under the same roof with the man he love, how he’d wake up everyday in the arms of the man he love, but what he cant imagine is waking up one day with chanyeol in no sight like he never been there before, but chanyeol is there so its okay.

 

And now, as baekhyun excitedly walking and humming jingle bells song towards his cabinet to find his best outfit, he cant wait for what chanyeol might give this christmas, he has something in mind of what chanyeol might give to him this year, but he know the best to not get his hopes high.

 

But baekhyun still cant get the imagine of chanyeol, knee on the ground, handing him a velvet box.

 

How every night of this year baekhyun keeps imagine that image, about how chanyeol proposing him. He already imagine any possible way chanyeol would propose to him, its either in a romantic way, in an awkward way seeing his boyfriend is an awkward giant, and sometimes he cant help it and imagine the worst.

Baekhyun loves chanyeol very much, he would love to spent the rest of his life together with chanyeol, he would give up on anything in life if that means he can spent his life with chanyeol, the owner of his beating heart. If his boyfriend ever asks him to marry him, he will never ever give a second thought, and of course he will screams yes! in joy.

 

Baekhyun doesn’t need to waste a long hour to change his outfit like he always do since he already prepare for this day since a whole month ago. He had already preparing himself for this day to come, his clothes cost more than his one-month salary, but he’s fine with it, anything the best for the lovely giant.

He puts on eyeliner in the best way he could do and smirk to himself as he rember how chanyeol always told him that his eyes looks y in eyeliner, glossing his pouty lips with a sheer lip gloss that taste like watermelons, because his giant of boyfriend always love the watermelons taste on his lips.

 

He grab his phone in the nightstand and look at the time, 06.35 PM its showed. He should get going now, because he doesn’t want to be late for this date, this yearly date with chanyeol. He put on his boyfriend’s too large jacket that smell just like his boyfriend on and go out of his apartment, their apartment and heading out to their meeting place.

 

Chanyeol promised to meet him in the small park across the ice cream booth, only a couple blocks away from their apartment.

 

Baekhyun walk softly, enjoying the sight the little snow falls on chanyeol’s jacket and suddenly melts then disappear. He was never the fan of cold weather, but chanyeol is there, he helped him to stand up from embarrassingly slipped in the slippery dark alley in the cold night December a couple of years ago, he was there standing nervously on his too lanky legs and asked him out in the cold night December, he was there hugging him tight in his warm embrace that soon turns to be baekhyun’s home in only a couple of years, and that’s all to make baekhyun loves the cold weather in the December night.

 

He arrives at the park a little before 7 pm, he sits himself quietly and make himself comfortable on the bench that come to be the witness of their love story this past years. He smiles softly at nothing as he remembers that it’s always him who waits, and it’s always his boyfriend who’s late.

 

Baekhyun waits in silent keep humming the jingle bells that always chanyeol sang out loud from the beginning of December. In the morning of first December chanyeol would always wake him up with his loud booming voice singing jingle bells and forcing baekhyun limp body to stand and jump in joy as they sing happily to jingle bells, chanyeol always love that song, and until now baekhyun doesn’t know why. But find it cute, chanyeol and the kid song are a cute combination because his boyfriend is simply cute as that.

 

 

 

 

He knows that his dumb of boyfriend is always late but its 7.45 but the stupid too large ears are nowhere to be seen. He was about to stand up to look for his boyfriend because he feels really worried to his boyfriend whereabouts. Maybe he was stuck in traffic? But then its Christmas eve, chanyeol wouldn’t be stuck in traffic. Or maybe he forgets the way to reach the park? It’s been a year since the last time they were here right? Yeah maybe he forgot, so he should stand up now and look for his lovely dumb boyfriend and guide him back to the park right?

 

But before he can take another step, there he is, his tall lanky boyfriend in all his glory with a smile too bright that can light up the whole block. And its crazy how the whole years they spent their life together but the smile of his boyfriend still can realise the whole zoo in his stomach, makes him feel the twisting and turning inside his tummy. He feel a little dizzy, but it’s a good dizzy, because right now he feels like falling in love all over again at chanyeol.

 

“Forgive me to keep you waiting baek”

 

chanyeol said as he trap baekhyun in his big embrace that make baekhyun lean on it. Baekhyun doesn’t know why but he feel like being clingy to chanyeol this whole night, whatever chanyeol is his boyfriend after all, so its all up to him if he want to be clingy to chanyeol or not.

Baekhyun only nods signalling an its okay then buried his face back in chanyeol chest, feeling the soft fabric of chanyeol jacket that smell too much like him against his flushed red cheeks. Chanyeol chuckled as he gives baekhyun feather kisses on top of his head.

 

“Come on babe we should warm you out a bit”

 

chanyeol said as he guide baekhyun that keep clinging on him to the nearest café to buy some hot chocolate for his petite boyfriend. They walk together in an awkward position, as baekhyun has his arms securely around chanyeol waist with his cheek pushed into chanyeol left chest, but he don’t want to let go, and chanyeol doesn’t even let go.

 

They back to the bench that they left a half hour ago, feeling a bit warmer than erlier. They sit in silent as baekhyun keep clinging in to his boyfriend, refuse to let go. But he’s okay with the silent because he can hear chanyeol’s heartbeat so it’s more than okay.

 

The snow is falling, despite it’s a bit dark already there’s e view of people around, there’s a couple of children running away from their mother hold as they make their way to the park. He smiles at the sight.

 

Suddenly chanyeol is standing up, startling him a bit. He looks up at his tall boyfriend, his eyes are nervously looking anything but him. But still, he can still see the sparkle in his eyes, how his eyes always glimmering when it looks on his.

He waits patiently for his boyfriend to finally break the silent because he’s sure that his boyfriend has something to tell, so he waits.

 

 

 

And suddenly the moment where baekhyun already imagines this whole year come. Chanyeol kneeled in front of him, and baekhyun feel like he wants to explode.

 

Please please please

 

He chants like a mantra in his head, eyes red preventing himself from crying.

 

“byun baekhyun, would you marry me?”

 

Okay so its not in a romantic way baekhyun had always imagine the most, and its also not in awkward way he sometimes imagine, it’s the simpleset way that he never even imagine but nevertheless, his boyfriend is proposing, the time he waits the most finally come, the time he cherish the most finally happen.

 

He looks down and let the tears fall down he eyes, wets the flushed red cheek of him to his chin.

 

 

 

 

 

 

“oppa why are you crying ?”

 

A cute little voice snap him out of his trace, the little girl in front of him wears a little cute pink jacket. She looks up at him with confused expression as she tugs at baekhyun hand with her pretty little hands.

 

 

And that when he realize,

 

 

 

chanyeol is a year late.

 

 

Chanyeol never came for their third anniversary, he never there for their third Christmas, he never make it.

 

 

And he will never be here for their fourth Christmas, he will never make it. He’s a year late after all.

 

 

 

After the realization hits him, all his surrounding becomes dark. He lost his consciousness as he realizes his boyfriend is dead a whole year ago; never make it to propose to him.

 

 

 

 


again...

im sorry if the story . i know its cliche... but i love it :D

by the way, its my fanart up there lol

comment please ^^