T-U. 2

Trumped-Up

*Give me some energy guys, I feel down these past days, but I shouldn't spread this negative aura so I'll try to think more of happy memories, like the upcoming comeback of winner.

*You know I love you guys, even though I'm socially awkward and I don't respond to comments, please forgive this dim author. I'm not a gamer myself so, forgive me if some info seems wrong. (-_-)v

*Enjoy!

 

t.u. 2

 

“You’re trying to join a game by a game developer who creates such stuff and sells those to the black market? Isn’t that dangerous?”

“Are you kidding me? I’ve always been a gamer, and the worst thing that could happen to you for playing is a rumbling stomach or an agonized bladder. A simple video game won’t kill you.”

It’s still a few minutes before the start of their first class, thus Sungjae decided to bother Ilhoon just to get some info regarding one of the ways they could get enough money to help them through for the next month. And it’s just a video game, it could mean them no harm, he suppose. He was sitting two rows ahead of the gamer yet he bribed the guy’s seatmate to exchange seat with him for this period just to accomplish his goal. But he’s starting to worry already after hearing just a few words of the game’s background and the company where it was born from.

He could even imagine his brother scolding him for taking such measure to earn money.

But then, he has always been the rule-breaker and naughty of the two when they were kids, that changed because he admired his brother so much after being saved from the bigger and stronger bullies making him the obedient and more calm-headed sibling that he is now.

“But what if you get caught? Isn’t being involved with them dangerous? And-”

If it was an animated scene, he’ll probably see veins bulging from Ilhoon’s head out of irritation. He’s sure this guy might look cold and his smile seems sinister but he’s a good person who’s willing to help those in need, in ways that might seem forceful and not genuine. They’ve been friends long enough though to know, that the smaller guy beside him has a big heart that is just forced to be wrapped within a small figure.

“Seriously Sungjae? Are you trying to imitate my sister by trying to talk to me towards quitting it? You need money right? All you have to do is pass the demo game, and voila, you have the money to help yourself and your brother. If you’re really interested to join, then stop blurting such things you’ve said earlier or I won’t help you pass the audition.”

Bowing his head down, he knows he had lost. He’ll just find a better way to make it sound not that bad or illegal once he explain it to Sungjong, and crossing his fingers that it won’t bring them more problems than they are bearing right now.

“Okay, for starters once again since you’ve interrupted me earlier.”

“Sorry…”

Ilhoon, feeling apologetic for making Sungjae feel down than he already is, quickly took hold of the other’s cheeks to make him look at him while listening, smiling genuinely to erase the frown on the taller one’s lips. He might not be the reason to make his bestfriend feel happy and forget those problems for awhile, but he’ll make sure to help him feel at ease, in any ways he could help him.

“Hmm. The game developer is Black Bunny TM, but the owner of the game is the Zhang clan. It is rumored that the idea and game design were made by them, and they personally requested for the BB to make it into reality for them, no matter how much the price is. It is rare for them to accept such job opportunities, since they never had any connections with any other game developer or affiliated companies. They do as they want, so there might be something that’s too interesting with that game to make them agree.”

“Then we could be sure that it would be really hard to pass that one.”

“We’ll never know until we try, right? And ever since I started to be a gamer, I told myself that I’ll never back out from any chance of trying every single video game created by men.”

“Do you have any idea what kind of game it is?”

“I’m betting it’s an RPG, short for role-playing game, for a newbie like you. We are given the freedom to choose our own characters, and we will be given tasks to accomplish all throughout the game. That kind of game takes days, even months until you reach the top level. But since they expect us to accomplish the new game within a day, they might be up for something. Or maybe they just want us to reach a definite level to say that we passed, since it’s just a sample after all.”

“Perhaps, could it be something that’s related to sports? Or a boardgame? Or a puzzle?”

“Really? You expect them to do such intricate actions just for those simple ideas? Of course not! I have once played a space game made by the Black Bunny through a friend of mine who bought one console. It was an experience to remember. The graphics was too detailed, there were many surprises, and the ending story was priceless. With this in mind, I’ll expect something bigger from them through this game.”

Before he could ask for more, the bell rang signaling the start of the first class. Hearing the teacher’s voice doing a roll-call, Sungjae realized how his attention was all given to his best friend that he hadn’t noticed Mr. Choi, their English professor, already placing his books on the table in front.

And the morning started with his head flying towards the idea of playing the game, winning, and getting the prize at the end.

--

“Two Black Forest gateau and café au lait.”

“Is that all sir?”

Just a nod and the man wearing casual jeans and plain black shirt returned his attention to the woman wearing formal blue dress topped with black coat, grinning widely, making the other squirm on her seat.She can feel the lady staffs of the café they are in checking out the young guy in front of him.

If you know the real him, you would not even dare take a look at him. You’re all lucky to not see a single damn thing.

“We should have just-”

“Aw common Bom-ie, you always formulate boring plans, make that idea factory of yours go wild sometimes.”

Slamming her hand on the table, Bom tried to look as intimidating as possible, though the other just laughed at her thinking that he’s the pro when it comes to scaring people and the lady in front doesn’t even have a bit of chance to scare him out of his wits.

“You know that it’s the name of my family that’ll be on the verge once this don’t work. Why can’t you stay on the sidelines as always and rip those souls or pull them into your great offers like you’ve always did?”

“But I’m seriously bored. It took me hundreds of years before another man lured me into another contract. And I’ve been following your father’s wishes for months now, so I’ll do what I want since he agreed to it. He’s my actual master and not you, a loveless daughter who’s tied to his parets’ name. Such a sad tale isn’t it?”

She knows that no matter how much she disagrees with this man, she couldn’t go against her father’s words and wishes. But with her family’s name on the line, she could not bear to just keep her silent and go with the demon’s ways.

“Don’t think for any ways to make me pull back with my own plans. I’ve given what your family wants, and followed your father’s orders like an obedient demon I am, but you see, once in a while I want to do my own fun ways of getting souls, like fooling them and playing with their lives. If you’re worried, then you should get those you think would be able to pass the game without going to my side. But I doubt you’ll be able to get those kinds of people. Isn’t this a fun competition?”

Without thinking twice, she pulled money from her wallet and left it on the table, quickly moving out of the café not minding the weird looks given to her. The demon remained still and ate the cake once it arrived as if no argument just happened, making the staffs look at him dreamily without noticing the black smoke already emerging from his back.

He might be smiling but he’s still irritated that he couldn’t get that lady’s soul just because he’s still tied to a contract that won’t allow him to take advantage of those that belong to his master’s direct bloodline.

That’s right; let me see you fail Bom, that would be so much fun.

--

Sungjong’s hands felt numb. Seeing his aunt enter the café he’s working on, he quickly asked for one of his coworker to take over his place as the cashier for awhile, just until the lady clad in white leave the establishment. He couldn’t bear to look at her right now; knowing that he might lose control and shout at her right there and then, for it might affect his boss’ business.

Seeing the panicked look in his face, Minseok guided him towards the staffroom and tapped his shoulder to calm the younger male.

“Sungjong, if you don’t feel well you know you could always approach me and ask for a break. I don’t mind since it’s not busy this hour, but you ending up with flu would be bad for business. So, stay here for a while and don’t work until I say so.”

“Thank you hyung.”

“No need to thank me. Amber noticed first that-”

“Sir sorry for barging in but, Sungjong-ah, someone’s looking for you.’

Understanding the situation, Minseok signaled Sungjong to stay on his seat and he’ll be the one handling the prolem. After all, they’ve been like brothers as well. Sungjong just thought about how lucky that Luhan guy is to have Minseok as the person who likes him. It’ll be hard to find someone as caring and helping as him.

Mentally-slapping his self for admiring his boss that way, he just slouched and decided to sleep for a while.

He would never tell his brother about this, no matter what, they’ll be able to make it without having any more debts that would take forever to pay back.

--

“Aren’t you interested with me as well? You’ve even been accepting my gifts to you! What happened Ilhoon oppa?!”

“Ouch, your voice is too shrill it hurt my eardrum.”

Sungjae feeling the tension between Ilhoon and his admirer who has always been throwing herself at him despite of constant no by the male, slowly backed out to walk towards the café alone. It has been just a week since Ilhoon stopped pushing her away and decided to accept the gifts which always end up in Sungjae’s hands, which the latter will never say to avoid receiving the wrath of his bestfriend’s fan.

“What happened, tell me! Why-”

“Shut up. You’re attitude doesn’t fit your pretty face, tsk tsk. Well you see, that guy,” pointing to Sungjae who stopped on his track and eyes them with fear, crossing his arms to emphasize that Ilhoon is saying a lie, “is the right match for me. Don’t you always see me sending him home everyday?”

Now fuming with anger, she stomped her feet and threw the box of cake on the ground then walked towards Sungjae who just closed his eyes and waited for the slap that never came. Opening one, he noticed the raised arm held by Ilhoon to a halt.

“Haven’t you heard me clearly? He’s my only match, and don’t you dare put a scratch on his face or I wouldn’t mind forgetting that you actually belong to the female specie.”

“Aaargh! So you’re both I see. Then if you’re that proud of each other, you wouldn’t mind hearing the students’ comments tomorrow once the news leak right? Let’s see if you’ll still defend that guy once your reputation is destroyed.”

Making sure that the fan was already out of hearing range, Sungjae quickly hit Ilhoon’s head for lying and standing up for him without minding what would happen to his self.

“Don’t you realize that you just make yourself open to the predators of this school!? I’m not even strong enough to defend you once they start bullying you as well, why did you even tell her that lie?!”

“Who said I was lying?”

“Huh?”

“Never mind. And stop thinking about me, think about what would happen to a weakling like you first once they see you on the hallways without me.”

Without waiting for Sungjae, Ilhoon kept his pace and walked further, breaking into a run making the taller one huff in annoyance.

I hate it that you’re too naïve to understand. Blah, whatever. I’ll defend you no matter what, let them try hurting you and I wouldn’t mind fighting back.

 

 

*Sigh,it took me so long to update, but thanks for passing by to read this chapter. I can't help but write some Iljae moments, I love that pairing as well, but I think they will be minimal for the coming chapters, so mianhae.

*Let's spread the kpop love, okay?

*New year, new beginning for us.

#fighting!