Chapter 3

Forgiveness Ain't That Easy

SYASYA'S POV

As promise by this kind hearted soul, those two idiots are just adding fuel into the fire. Getting what they deserved, one of the guys was about to give a punch but with a very good fighting technique my rescuer managed to block it and landed his strong fist on the other guy's face and gave a deserving kick to to the previous guy's crouch.

Guys with big mouth always end up with deserving consequences. A few minutes later, those guys were and cursing on the ground enduring the excruciating pain that they were being presented. My eyes was glued to those two bastards when out of a sudden, I was being pulled away.

 


"Come on, it's not safe here,"

 

We ran and ran without turning back till we felt that it was safe, we finally stop and panted for breath. Up till now, I still do not know who in the world actually safe me since it was so dark to recognise the features that easily when the moment that I had been waiting for happened.

 

"You alright....erm you are?" he asked 

"Syasya, just call me Sya will do," I told him

"Right, got it. I'm Youngbae by the way," he introduced

Tae%252520Yang%252520-%252520NBA%252520-

I was slightly disappointed thinking that it was not someone whom I've expected.  I managed a small smile. An awkward atmosphere was evolving between us.

 

"Ermm, thanks for saving me. I think I should get going. It's late," 

"I'll send you then. Who knows those scumbags might be tailing you home," he suggested

 

I have no clue on what to reply since whatever he just said could be true. 

 

*stomach growling*

 

"Oh? You must be hungry eh? Let's get something to eat," he offered

"Well.....," I contemplated 

"Come on, it's time for me to save your stomach now. I've not eaten my dinner yet anyways so why not?" 

 

With that, I gave an agreeing nod and we went to the nearest food stall that met our eyes and ordered our food. Honestly, I felt bad going out alone with a guy whom I've do not know at all. I felt like I was in a way cheating behind-----Aiish!! No! Jay cheated on me so why should I feel bad about it? Just treat this 'accompanying for dinner thingy' as a way of repaying him after saving me. The aroma of the spicy rice cake and chicken ramyun was enveloping my nostrils the moment it was being served.

 

"Bon appetit!" he exclaimed cheerfully an attack the plate of spicy rice cake

 

Putting my personal feelings aside, I distracted my mind by eating and thinking about the delicious taste of it even though I know it does not help at all. I sense that Jay could be anywhere around here, monitoring me. Haiz... Was it just my hallucination?

superthumb.png

"Why do you look so sad? Like as if you're missing someone," he guessed

"Huh? No I'm not. This is just my exhausted face," I lied

"Ah I see. So are you still schooling or working?" he asked

 

Quite a chatty person he was eh? But by the end of his sentences most of the time he would turn it into a joke. I guessed it's time for basic getting-to-know each other session now.

Jay's POV

My song was half way done and I could not stop myelf from yawning. It has been more than ten times and the cool breeze from the wind was just not helping me at all.  I shut down my laptop, packed up all of my things and went to start the engine of my bike.

As I put on my helmet for safety purposes, I thought of those moments where she was struggling to buckle up her helmet that I used to for being like a kid. I got on my bike and paused imgaining her warm, securing arms surrounding my waist with her head leaning against my back. My eyes turned glassy but try not to think about it too much.

 

"Hold on tight sweetheart," I reminded, imagining that she was on the bike with me

 

Without fial when I stepped foot in my apartment, sense of hollowness and emptiness occupied me physically, emotionally and mentally. Karma sure was a .

 

SYASYA'S POV

"Thanks for walking me home Youngbae," I thanked him knowing that we were only a distance away from my house

"Nah, small matter. So do have a boyfriend?" he daringly ask

 

It was the most simplest question but yet it was very hard to give him the perfect answer to it. What should I say? The thought of not answering it was so overwhelming but it woud be rude if I ignore it. Suddenly, those hurtful memories of how I was being treated by the guy I loved kept bombarding my mind causing my heart to feel like as if sharp thorns were piercing through it, killing me slowly inside. 

 

"Ermm so yes or ....no?" his voice distracted me

"Hmm? Oh I'm sorry," I apologised

 

Anger and frustrations were building up in me to the point that I am unconcisouly aware of what I am about to say. A few seconds of thought, I decided to answer,

 

"Nope, I don't have a boyfriend. Single," 

"Alright cool. Sorry for asking cause you know, if you do have he might be around here somewhere and may misunderstood," he said

"Hah, how I wish, bet he won't even have the time to," I accidentally raised my voice venging my anger towards Jay when I noticed Youngbae giving me some sort of a suspicious look

a177ea972363a1a12638073ff654039b.jpg

"What I meant was, in the future if ever I have one, hope he woud not be like that," I quicky back myself up

"Hahah, you're one of a kind. If ever I have one, I would never ever neglect her. I would treat her right because she deserve it. What's the point of being in a relationship if you only be with them when you need them," 

"Exactly," I agreed automatically

"Can we hang out again? I mean I would like to be your friend," he asked

"Sure, wh----Ahh!

 

I tripped over a medium size rock due to not paying attention to the ground but before my body could land on the hard ground, he surrounded his arms around my waist.

 

"Gotcha! Be careful next time lovely ahahha. You are clumsy aren't you," he adviced while stablizing my body posture

"Thank you. Continuing from what I said earlier, we coud hang out together again,"

"Awesome! Ok, have a great night and when you shower do bathe with warm water since it's cold at night. Not good for the bones. Nice meeting you,"  he wished, being so caring all of a sudden

"You too. Thanks for everything,"

bki-20130328094542-35533263.jpg

He turned around, showed me his cheerful grin, followed by a wink and waved goodbye.

***

It almost midnight and I had been texting Youngbae for 2 hours continuously. Surprisingly, he was such an interesting fella to talk to and he have great sense of humor. His name was continuously appearing on my phone when at one point of time, the name that had not been popping out finally appeared.

My feelings drained down tremendously. I clicked opened that particular message.

Jay:

Hey, babe. How are you love?

Haiz... T_T T_T T_T

I missed you so badly ;'(;'(

Part of me felt like crying and wanted to really call him but another part of me just felt so annoyed to do so. The emotions was too hard for me to handle that I clicked on his display picture of me and him and using my finger to gently brush against his face.

 

"I'm so confused now. I'm sorry Jay....T_T T_T T_T,"

-THE NEXT DAY IN THE AFTERNOON-

I woke up from my nap from a terrible nightmare about between me and Jay. I heaved a sigh of fatigue, went to the kitchen to get myself a glass of ice cold water. As I was doing so, my phone rang and it was Youngbae. 

 

"Hey," I answered

"Hello lovely!" he said, which kind of make me feel uncomfortable frankly speaking but I just tried to conditioned myself to it

"Yes?"

"Let's have dinner tonight? I know a good restaurant," he told me, expecting a positive answer from the way his tone is

"Why so sudden? I mean we could just have dinner at some place cheap. Fast food or something?" I told him because I am not a big fan of restaurant food

"Tonight is special, I'll meet you there at 8pm ok? I'll text you the address. Be there ok? See ya," and he hunged up

"Wait but ----

 

Ok, this was extremely weird. We were not even close friends yet and he wanted to treat me to a retaurant? Woah he must be loaded with cash. Well, think positive and treat this as a once in a lifetime opportunity Sya. 

***

I reached the restaurant punctually at 8pm and was being welcome by the waiter at the front counter.

 

"Table for 2 please," I requested

"Sure, this way miss," he escorted me to the seats

 

Since Youngbae  has not arrived yet, I shall wait for him then.

One Hours Later....

I send a text to Youngbae ater every 15 minutes that passed and unfortunately I received nothing back. Not even an apologetic text telling me the reason why he is late or update me. An hour had already passed and I've gulp down a couple glass of water till I think I would be full to order dinner. Impossible if he forgets about it since he was the one who planned this dinner.

My level of irritation was almost on the verge to just walked out from this restaurant but he was lucky my level of patience was not off limit yet. Being as understanding as possible, I decided to wait.

9:45PM

I was engrossed with my phone that now my phone battery was left with only 5%.  As I lifted up my head, still no sign of Youngbae. I kept sighing when a waiter came to me.

 

"Excuse me ma'am, are you going to order anything because the restaurant is closing in 15 minutes time," he told me

"No thanks. I'm leaving now. Sorry for the trouble," I apologised and stompped out of the restaurant

 

GREAT!!! Youngbae stood me up!!! I shouldn't have UGH!!!!!!! Should have not judge a book by it's cover! God damn it Sya! What a fool am I? If ever I come face to face with that idiot, he better be prepared for his consequences. Guys, they are all the same. Nothing but a bunch of pathetic liars and always making empty promises.

Remembering that this place was near my friend's workplace, I decided to stop by her bar to pay her a visit at the club she was working in. I reached after a few minutes walk and was welcomed by loud blasting R&B music with all the party people enjoying themselves to the max. I was scanning the place for my friend when maybe luck was on my side today that my eyes came across someone who was supossed to be having with me earlier tonight.

That son of a ! My anger now was totally formidable and a wave of rage swept over me. This bastard stood me up for being here? INVALID reason ever!!! Daringly, I stomped my way up to him till I'm directly a few centimetres away from him. Due to my presence, I could see his automatic panic reaction. 

 

"Why? Shock to see me here?" I asked sarcastically 

"Ayy Youngbae sorry we're late. Oh? hey it's her," one guy accompanied by another one came towards Youngbae which made me wanna do something crazy upon recognising those two idiots who once intended to harm me on that one particular night  

687474703a2f2f693739312e70686f746f627563

They are friends???!!! WOAH!!!! Things are just getting better and better don't they? It seemed like the scene where I was being dragged and threatened was all a prank after all.

469698_1365537686257_245_335.jpg

"Hahaha, what's new. First thing you got to know about Youngbae, he loved to tease girls and love setting high hopes for them. He is just playing around got it?!" one of the guy with pink highligted hair informed me

 

Youngbae smirked rudely when he heard that. HOW DARE HE???!!!! PLAYING AROUND WITH PEOPLE'S FEELINGS!!! 

 

"You bastards! All of you! So that night, you pretend not to know them huh? What a good actor you are Youngbae! What's your motive of doing that? Pfft, what did you say, you would always treat a girl right? Bull!" I raged

"It's only a prank alright? Why must you make such a big fuss about it? Aish girls...so what did you have for dinner? Air? Hahahaha," he laughed followed by his friends

tumblr_m5u2j07V5T1r6pt6no1_250.jpg

My face had turned to the colour of molten lava and my eyes flashed bolts of lightning. I stared with eyes filled with anger and hatred that were beyond description that without thinking straight, I grabbed the glass of beer next to me and splashed it harshly on his face. Their laughter came to a stop as Youngbae furiously stared back with eyes of a predator.

Unexpectedly, he slapped me and that gave me an utter shock. Out of nowhere, a random guy came and punched him hardly on the face causing Youngbae to land a few distance away from me.

 

"How dare you lay a finger on her you !!!" that familiar voice yelled

 

When I turned my vision to that person, I froze. Our eyes met and the urge to tell him how much I've missed his presence was extremely tempting. Only God knows how much I wanted to embrace him and cry on his shoulder but only my heart was secretly doing the talking right now.   

large.png

"I missed you babe :(:(:(:( honestly, wish we could spent time together again but

by me forgiving you, is it the right thing to do?"

Jay's POV

After not seeing her for so long, I felt like relief was flooding through my blood knowing that she was standing right before me. I wanted to think that it was a dream but it was actually real. I wished I could hug and kiss her but deep down I knew she would pushed me away. If only she could hear what my heart was saying now.  

 

CR_HW5gXAAEKJep.jpg

"Finally you're right in front of my eyes. My world was being light up once again, hopefully forever.

Will you still give me a chance to redeem my mistakes?

Will you come back to me?"