Chapter 24

His Mistress

The atmosphere is comforting, Minhee would say. All of them are sitting on a bench, well besides Yoongi and Hoseok who apparently late because Yoongi slept too much again.

The guy always sleeping.

“So, we will watch a Thailand movie, right?” Taehyung chirped happily. “Yes! I’ve been waiting for all my life for a movie night!”

“We do that every freaking week, Tae!” Jin hissed before tilts his head towards Youngjae’s face. “So… why are you so quiet?”

“Excuse me?” Youngjae’s eyebrows knitted. “Uh, sorry. I’m not being rude – just asking,” He quickly apologize for his tone.

“Ah, it is nothing. Are you always this quiet? My boys right here can’t stop talking.” Jin squeezed his fingers together to reduce the cold before his hands captured slowly by Namjoon’s. Both of them simply smile to each other.

“Oh hyung, he is uncomfortable because you and Namjoon act like that in front of him!” Taehyung huffed and Jin shot him with a sharp glare.

“Eh, no. I am not uncomfortable.” Youngjae denied Taehyung’s statement. He has nothing against the couple in fact, he thinks they are cute and match each other.

“Youngjae never quiet. He is so noisy,” Mark added, grinning. “We are not bothering – right?”

“You aren’t! We are happy having you with us. Since Mark spent his whole day helped me, this is my way to repay you. It is on me, tonight!” Jin said. “Youngjae, please be comfortable.”

Youngjae nodded. He looks at Minhee who deep in conversation with Jungkook and Jimin. Seem like they are so close to each other.

“We should buy tickets,” Namjoon said. “Let’s buy the tickets,” He looked at Jin.

“But Yoongi hyung and Hoseok hyung haven’t arrived yet.” Jimin chortled. “You don’t want to wait for them?”

“We can just buy for them,” Taehyung huffed, nudging his best friend. “Will we watch the horror movie?” He smirked, knowing Jimin is definitely not a fan of it.

“Taehyung!!” The shorter groaned. He hates horror movie. I don’t want to piss myself in the cinema, in front of Minhee especially. “Please! I don’t want to watch the horror movie!” He turned to Jin, arms crossing over his chest.

Jin shakes his head at the view. His younger brother really doesn’t change since forever. He’s still that little Jimin from years ago. Only his body change to holy trinity. “Jimin, you are 22 years old. Nothing wrong with some horror, it’s not like the ghost would jump to you. It is just a movie,” He rolled his eyes.

“Please buy the tickets for horror movie,” Taehyung teased. He yelped in pain when Jimin slapped his chest.

Minhee chuckles at them and shifted her gaze towards Mark. He’s laughing. His sweet voice struck her, the feeling is magical. Youngjae trying so hard to hide his laughter, Minhee can see that.

“Let me buy the tickets,” Jimin stepped up. He will buy the Thailand movie but the romance one. He heard that Thailand really not joking with their horror movie and honestly Jimin wants to live longer.

Taehyung shakes his head. “No! No! No!” He said. “I will go! I will go!” He knew Jimin’s evil intention. He won’t make it happen.

“Actually, we already got it.”

The bickering stopped when Hoseok suddenly popped between them, waving tickets in front of their faces.

“We knew you guys will be some sweethearts by waiting for us before buying the tickets.” He said with a wide smile.

“This supposed to be my treat,” Jin said with a pout.

“Well, ever heard of paying back?” Yoongi lazily pointed out as he crossed his arms. He actually really lazy to join them, but Hoseok had been persuaded him in the way he can’t refuse.

Hoseok hits Yoongi’s shoulder. “Ah hyung!” He hissed. “It’s nothing, Jin hyung! But please make a pizza cake for me!”

“That would be my pleasure, Hoseok – ah!” He chirped. He looks at pouting Yoongi. Although the younger always have harsh remarks, Jin knew he is nothing but a lazy sunshine. They practically grew up together. He is only older than Yoongi by one year. “And Yoongi, I know you want the pizza cake too,”

Yoongi’s frown deepened. “Whatever. Let’s go to the movie. Our cinema opened.” He said – pointing at the numbers displayed before the stairs heading to the cinema rooms.

Jimin, Taehyung and Hoseok run to the cinema, living the others behind. Minhee shakes her head at the scene.

“Hey… the tickets. Why there’s only 7 of it?” Jin said. He looks at the tickets remained in his hands. “Yoongi??”

“Perhaps Hoseok forgot about it. He is quite old, you know. I wasn’t there when he buy the tickets.” Yoongi shrugged mindlessly. “I am so sorry about this. You guys buy some for you all, okay?” He took out his wallet from his jacket pocket and hands $50 to Mark.

“I will use my own –“

“No! Buy with this.” Jin said – glaring at Yoongi. “I am so sorry, Youngjae, Mark. My friend here is not in his right mind.” He points at Yoongi who frowns annoyingly. “Meet you guys inside, okay?”

“Sure.” Minhee answered. Ugh, she should buy the tickets at the first place. Youngjae noticed the awkwardness lingers in the air so he quickly offers himself to buy the tickets and leave Minhee and Mark on their own.

“Have you watch any Thailand movie?” Mark asked, brows twitched. He is quite taken aback when he saw how stunning Minhee looks. Her usually face pampered by some products today. Her eyelashes seem longer and noticeable and her lips glisten with a light shade of pink lip gloss.

Minhee nodded. “Jin always invites all of us for movie night at his house, so we pretty much watch all movies that can be found on the internet.” She said, smiling.

“Cool. I have no time. Sometimes, I watch them in my office, after I locked my door of course. Work can be really stressing.” He exclaimed with a little pout. He wants to have a nice hang out but haven’t got any chances to do that because of his heavy works.

“It is.” Minhee agreed.

“Guys! Here, I got the tickets!” Youngjae runs to them with a wide grin on his face. “And snacks!!”

“Thanks! I always want to eat every time I watch movie,” Mark admitted – looking at Minhee. “Do you want coke or orange soda?”

“I’d take what left,” She replied. She doesn’t care about drinks, actually. Minhee is not a picky person when it comes to food and drinks.

Mark shrugged and handed Minhee the orange soda. “I prefer coke. You’re okay with orange soda, right?”

“Not a problem,” She responded quickly.

“Let’s go guys, the movie’s starting,” Youngjae said right before he drags his feet to the entrance, followed by the two.

__________________________________________________

“Jimin, what are you doing? Focus on the movie!”

All of them have lost count at how many times Jin whispered that words to the latter beside him. Jimin keeps turning his back, looking at the closed door. Where is Minhee? It’s been 20 minutes since the movie started.

“But they –“

“Just – let’s watch the movie, okay?” He muttered before filling his mouth with the popcorn in his palm.

________________________________________________

Jo Minhee isn’t the type who always swear, but,

, , , .

.

It turned out that Youngjae bought wrong tickets. Apparently there’s two different Thailand movie playing right now, and Youngjae chose the rom – com one beside the horror one.

She sits  beside Mark - Mark is in between Youngjae and her. At first, three of them were really confused when the seven seats in front of them are not their friends, but a bunch of teenage couples.

But, the whole thing isn’t that stupid because the movie is quite nice. Minhee can feel her heart beating increase rapidly every time Mark’s lips blowing hot air on her ear when he comments about the movie like how cheesy and cringe worthy it was.

After halfway through the movie, discomfort hits her. She’s cold – her thin layer of clothing isn’t helping at all. She clasped her hands together and blowing on them before she put them on her lap.

“Here,”

The girl flinched when she can feel hot hands holding hers. It was Mark’s. Mark have this magic body that he can feel cold, but his palm would stay warm. It never changed. It’s like those nights they would spend hours hugging each other. A small smile crept on her face.

She misses this.

She misses them.

_____________________________________________________

After the rom com movie ended, Youngjae, Mark and Minhee decided to wait for the others at the restaurant in front the cinema. Although the movie they watch started at the same time, the horror movie end 40 minutes late than the other one.

“Guys, I will go make the order. What do you want?” Mark asked as he running his fingers through his locks.

“I will have Set C,” Youngjae said after he examined the menu board hanging on the wall.

“I want Set D,” Minhee smiled at Mark. He really looks good with black hair. And the hoodie he’s wearing is cute.

Mark nodded and walk to the counter. Youngjae and Minhee change gaze between each other.

“You miss him?”

Youngjae broke the silence lingers between them.

Minhee nod. She will not going to lie. “Every time I look at Mina, I always remember him. The two look like twins,” She said, corner of her lips stretched at the thoughts of the little girl.

“It must be hard, I know. But, his memory won’t come back,”

Minhee’s brows furrowed. “Excuse me? No, of course it will not. Memories will never fade away. He chose to pretend, I knew it.”

“No! He lost his memory. Don’t you realize?” Youngjae’s voice hardened. Is this girl stupid or what? How can she thoughts that Mark’s acting? “He got into a huge accident, he lost his memory!”

“Are… you kidding me?” Her voice came out shaky, her fingers trembling. Youngjae’s face show that he is not kidding.

“Here come the food!!”

She quickly tilts her head. That’s explain everything. His changed behavior, his happy goofy liked smile.

He lost his memories.

_____________________________________

Author's Note :

So, the truth revealed!