Chapter 23

His Mistress

He is devastated. He is not happy with all of this. He despises this.

How the hell Minhee and Mark can get along?

Jimin swears, he doesn’t even want to admit it but they seem so close, they seem so needing each other and he can hear the customers’ words like

Oh how cute..’

‘Such a cute couple’

Or

‘Didn’t the girl was with the orange head before?’

Yes, it is hurts. He knew this is Taehyung’s work. He knew it. Taehyung is the only person who connected so firmly with both Mark and Minhee. He is the one who made all of this. And Jimin never felt so unlucky to have Taehyung as his best friend.

“Hey Jimin, are you okay? You look like a lost puppy,” Namjoon asked interestingly – too much for Jimin’s liking.

“Nothing, Namjoon hyung.” He replied – don’t want to ruin the good relationship between Namjoon and him. The guy is great, but he is not in his mood to talk with anyone.

Namjoon shrugged. “That’s good. You seem a little bit stressed,” He commented. “Anyway, what do you think of Mark? He is a really good dude. He is kind and respecting. And he is really being a sweetheart towards me and your Jin hyung without giving us – you know, ‘that’ look,” He said. Although it’s already 21st century, people still unaware and seem hard to accept LGBT community, which he and Jin rolling into. If they go out together and holding hands, they will receive nothing but awful glances and bad mouthing.

Jimin take a deep breath. Great. Now everybody love Mark. “Sure he is. Where is Yoongi hyung and Hoseok hyung?” He asked – wanting to run from the current subject.  He’s sick of that guy – for goodness sake!

“Yoongi is taking a break – well, since 2 hours ago and Hoseok helping Jin clean the café. Its almost 6 p.m.” Namjoon lined his words after a moment of thinking. “Me and Jin hyung planning to catch a movie tonight – want to join?”

“I’m quite lazy –“

“Are you sure? The others want to go with us,” Namjoon shrugged.

Jimin’s brows furrowed. “Who? Taehyung, Minhee, Yoongi hyung and Hoseok hyung also coming?”

“And Mark and Jungkook. Taehyung asked Jungkook earlier and he didn’t want to be left out – you know, teenager.” Namjoon said with a fatherly smile as he looks out to the beach. Ah, it must be great to get married and have kids. His life and Jin would be totally amazing. “Anyway, are you coming? You better tag along,”

“Wait, why Mark joining our hang out? Aren’t you all awkward with each other? I mean – this is your first time meeting each other and he wants join us?”

“Why not? Taehyung asked him to come with us. And we don’t mind. He is a good guy, Jimin. Don’t worry too much. And his friend – Youngjae? Might join us too.” Namjoon transformed the information. “Why? You usually welcomed everyone with an open heart. What’s with you, Jimin?”

I welcomed someone that bring no harm to me, of course! He bites his lips. “Nothing, I just curious…” he put up an excuse. “I will join you all,”

Namjoon patted Jimin’s back. “Great. Jin will pick you guys at – 8 p.m. sharp?” He confirmed and went inside the café, leave Jimin alone at the back of the café.

Jimin lets out a sigh. Wow, the ‘new’ Mark is so charming – he can win his friends’ hearts.

It is not impossible to Minhee love him too.

I hope he didn’t fall in love with Minhee. God, please don’t make that happen..

Please.

_____________________________________________________________

“I’m really looking forward for tonight,” Mark happily said while folding his apron neatly. Today was fun. He never thought working at café would be that fun! And when Jin invited him to their night hang out, he never felt that welcomed. They just met and the others are kind to him, it is great.

Minhee smiled at his happiness. “Is that really? Good for you,” She replied with a soft tone. “But first warning, my friends are so loud. They can be annoying at some times,” She laughed at her own words. It’s true. Not all people can handle Taehyung and Hoseok. They are incredibly loud, but to her, they are fun people who always brighten others’ day.

Mark nodded. “Ah, how about your daughter? I mean, she’d come with us?” He asked. His eyes twinkling. He loves Tuna. Although their encounter is countable, mark personally feel that the girl is somehow connected to him. And he is more fluttered when Taehyung confirmed that Tuna likes him too because of she always welcomed him to take her into his embrace despite he is a stranger.

Isn’t that incredible?

The girl softened as she watched how Mark’s eyes shining as he mentioned her daughter in their conversation. Minhee quickly returned to her sense. “I actually work at a nursery slash kindergarten, and the owner will take care of her tonight,”

Mark nodded at the information. “Aren’t you exhausted? Working with kids on weekdays and working here on weekends, isn’t that too much for a person?” He asked, curious. He himself feels like he’d kill himself every time he have to do his job. He quite hating his job. It is so not fun. His eyes hurt from reading paper works and be on computer screen all days long. “I can’t even handle my work in office,”

Wait, what? Where is the enjoy-work Mark? Mark that she remember never hates his work. Mark that she used to is the one who will leave everything for his work. “I’m getting used to this. And I love it, anyway.”

“Oh-“

“Mark, Minhee? Minhee, we have to go home now.”

The both of them startled when Jimin’s voice echoed. The latter smile apologetically to Mark. “Sorry Mark, but I have to take Minhee home now.”

“It’s okay. Meet you two tonight,"

“Sure thing.” Minhee replied with a soft smile drawn on her face. She bids him goodbye and turn to Jimin. “Jimin, why?” she asked when she realized Jimin’s expression are cold and full with dislike-ness. “Are you okay?”

“What were you two talked about?” He asked with his moody voice that he only showed after he cried watching some old dramas in the evening.

“What-?”

“What were you two talking about?” He snapped. He is losing his mind, he can feel the changes. Why Minhee act nice? Why just can she hates him? Mark practically ruined his life. Why would she still be a kind person? Why she treat him like he is innocent?

Minhee sighed. She put her palm on Jimin’s shoulder. “Look, I don’t know what have gotten into you but this is wrong. I don’t think that I deserve that, but its okay. Maybe you are stressed or something,” She concluded before walking away from Jimin.

“Hey – Minhee! I’m sorry!” Jimin said softly – just enough to caught Minhee’s ear. “I don’t want him to hurt you again,”

“I understand. But I am grown up lady, Jimin and plus, I am a mother. I can take care of myself pretty well. I can guarantee that,” She said. She get Jimin. She was hurt badly because of Mark, and as a friend, Jimin can be protective over her sometimes. “So, please do not worry much about me and thanks, by the way.” She pressed her lips into a thin line.

Jimin hadn't got any answers to reply, so he just look at Minhee’s back walking away from him. Minhee doesn’t understand. She doesn’t understand that he feel sick every time he saw her with someone that have chances to steal her from him. She is his everything, perhaps she doesn’t even noticed how he feels about her. To him, she is the goddess.

But this is not all about her beautiful. He feels this because how she acts. Her appearance is a big bonus for him.

He sighed in defeat. What will make her to notice me? I am sincerely in love with her..

___________________________________________________

“Thank you for taking care of her tonight, Jessica!”

Minhee thanked as she rubs her hand on Jessica’s shoulder. Jessica is her coworker and will take care of Mina tonight. The girl is a sweetheart. She helped her when she started working until now.

Jessica nodded. “Believe me, it is nothing hard. Anyway, you look stunning,” she praised with a soft smile.

“You’re just being too nice, Jess.” Minhee replied. She’s wearing a skinny jeans with loose top, it’s far from whatever Jessica said to her. “Anyway, I will go now. They wait me – look at Jin. He’s getting impatient,” Minhee declared as she ducked her lips to Jin’s direction.

“Okay. Have fun!” Jessica chirped.

Minhee just respond that with a nod and heads to Jin’s car quickly, wanting to make Jin mad no more. “Sorry I’m late. Was having a good chit-chat time with Jess.” She informed as she hopped in the back seat.

“It’s alright,” Jin said and the car hits the road. Namjoon with Jin in front seat, Taehyung and Jungkook sit on the back and she and Jimin in the middle. Jimin seem tired – of course with works he had in the café earlier.

“You look nice,” Jimin complimented while flashing a kind smile. “That top rocks,”

“Thanks. I like your leather jacket. Is that brand new?” She asked with an interested tone as she looks at the shining leather jacket. It is a perfect fit for Jimin. “You look really good in it!”

“Nah, I just rummaged through my wardrobe and saw this. Anyway, is it confirmed that Mark and Youngjae would come with us?” Jimin tilted his head forward to look at Namjoon and Jin.

“Of course they are,” Namjoon answered before turn off his phone. “Sorry babe, that was a friend,” He said to Jin – he knew how the elder hates him to play with his phone every time they hanging out together.

Jin nodded. “It’s fine. I know you, Joon – ah,” He cutely sang, making the younger lets out a chuckle.

“GUYS STOP YOU MAKE ME WANT TO PUKE!!”

“Just admit that you’re jealous, Tae!” Jin remarked as he smirks.

Minhee smiled at the family actions. She never felt left out before, and she is so thankful that none of them holding any unpleasant feelings for her. “So…where is Yoongi and Hoseok?”

“They will ride their own car – together. I always knew there are something between them,” Jungkook commented. “You know, Yoongi hyung really take care of Hoseok hyung a lot.”

“Don’t bullting here. We all know they are straight as !”

“Taehyung! Do not swearing, and what your proofs?” Jin hissed as he scolds the younger. He always taught them to not swear.

“Sorry. But – Hoseok hyung is basically maniac, and Yoongi hyung is totally into girls.” Taehyung shrugged. It’s true. Hoseok does love .

“You guys, please don’t talk about in front of Minhee and Jungkook. Minhee is a lady and Jeon Jungkook is freaking 19 years old,” Jin shifted his gaze to Taehyung through the rear view.

“Because I am 19 I can hear it,” he paused for a moment. “And I am illegal to watc-“

“NO!”

Minhee chuckles as all of them spluttered ‘no’ in the same time. This ride will be the long ride, just like usual.

______________________________________________________

Mark runs his fingers through his black locks as he watchs the clock ticking by. “Hey Youngjae! Please hurry up. We don’t want to make them wait. It is not polite,”

Youngjae huffed before he glares at Mark violently. “I never agree to tag along. Anyway, it just 7:30. We got 20 minutes to spare. The mall is 10 minutes away from here, Mark.” He chortled.

“Whatever,” Mark replied. He gritted his teeth before get up again, checking himself in the mirror. He’s wearing a cute oversized donut hoodie and a pair of jeans. Not too fancy.

“You’re looking good,” Youngjae applied; knowing Mark is worried about his attire. “But you will stand out. Yellow is a really bright color, you know.”

“Is that bad?”

“Uh – uh, standing out is great.”

“Fantastic. Can we go now?”

Youngjae rolled his eyes out of annoyance. “Of course, Mark. Let’s go.”

Mark grins before quickly slide his feet into his white vans. “Let’s hit the road!”

__________________________________________________________

Author Note :

I am currently annoyed by myself. I am so tired. It's 1- something am already.

and here i am filling myself with coffee. 

See you guys in next chapter ~