V

Same Old Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Song for the chapter: Rap Monster and Jungkook cover of 'Fools' (original by Troye Sivan) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LwVbCIA1hgc

"Irene." he says and I look at him. His eyes were puffy and red and the dark circles around his eyes didn't help at all, he was a lot more skinnier and he looks like he hasn't shave for a while now. I continue to look at him, not saying a word.

 

"Irene." I look past Ilhoon to see Tae looking at us confused. Looking at both of us, soon he realised what's going on. "You want me to leave you alone ?"

"No."

"Yes." we say in unison and Tae looks at me and I know that he wait for my answer again.

 

I look at Ilhoon as slowly pull my hand out of his. He looks hurt as I do this so my eyes quickly moved down, looking at the floor as I take a little step back from him. 

 

"Baby..." he whispers and I swallow the tears that threat to come.

"No. Don't call me like that." I say, still looking down. "Can we go, please ?" I look at Tae and he nods after looking at us and sighs.

 

Tae walks beside me and put his arm on my back as we turn to walk outside of the coffee shop. We take a few steps as I try my hard not to cry. When did I became such a wuss ? For the past months I cried more than I did in my entire life.

 

"Are you ok ?" Tae asks quietly and I shrug my shoulders.

"I'm not sure." I reply as quietly.

"IRENE WAIT !" I hear Ilhoon yell after me and I stop in my tracks.

"You should talk to him." Tae says and I scoff.

"Yeah...and let him explain why he left me while I look like a helpless person ? So he can see how bad he hurt me ?"

"Yeah." he surprise me with his answer. "Talk to him. Believe me, nothing hurt more than seeing the love one hurt because of you. He has his reason and you need you hear it. Not for his sake but for yours. No matter how much you try to look ok, we both know you're not and you're still hurting. So do it for yourself." he says and I look at him, still not knowing what to do. 

 

I sigh and nod my head. He's right. I'm not doing this for him, I do this for my sake so I can finally move on.

 

"I'll go back at the coffee shop. Good luck." he says, kissing my forehead then walk back to the coffee shop. He walks past Ilhoon who looks at him, probably thinking what's the deal between us.

 

He looks at me and walks beside me. For a few minutes we just stay in an awkward silence, not knowing how to start this talk. He takes a deep breath and opens his mouth to talk.

 

"Want to go somewhere and talk ? It's a little cold and I know you're not a fan of being cold." he says, smiling a little and I nod my head. We both walked inside a fast-food place and we sat at a table placed in one of the corners of the place, having more privacity.

"So..." he starts and I look at him, not saying a word. He tries to speak a few times but he couldn't find the right words. I sat there quietly, looking at him. Looking at how he changed. It hurts my heart to see him in this state but it's his fault, not mine. He sighs and talks.

"I'm sorry." he says looking in my eyes.

"Why ?" I ask and he knows what I mean.

"It's stupid."

"Well, I want to hear it." I say and he sighs again.

"That night when I came at your place. I tried to make you forgive me... like always." he says, lowering his voice at the last part as he looks down. "And you did but... I saw what I did to you. When you opened that door and I saw you... I felt guilty. You looked so tired and so done with my but still... you let me in. That night, I woke up in the middle of the night and see you sleep. I felt so guilty for making everything hard for you. You gave up so much for my sake and all I did was hurting you and acting like some idiot kid who drunks, then picks up fights without reason. I saw how tired you were and I realised how selfish I was all this time. I thought that was the best thing I could do... to leave you alone. I was so selfish all these years and not once think about your feelings and how tired you were but that night it hit me and I knew you would be happy without me. So...I left. I went to Minhyuk's place and told him everything. I also made him promise that he wouldn't tell you about all this. I thought that if I left quietly then you'll f

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter