"Caramel, candy cane, sweeter than sugarcane" The Isley Brothers

Throw Away (All the Prejudice)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Baekhyun is still in daze the next morning. He nearly falls down the stair in his dorm building and almost gets run over by a car when he tries to cross the street on the red light to buy his coffee. It's really a miracle when he makes it to his class without spilling his mocha all over himself or other people, so when he finally takes his usual seat at the back of the classroom, only then he relaxes. 

 

The class starts and he finds himself looking outside the window, thoughts almost immediately filled with his wolf. He feels confused, a bit scared and attached. He wats to see it again, talk to it and touch it. He wants it back.

 

The sky is clear and the day is warm, just like yesterday. The crown of the trees on the campus are already becoming yellow, a nice saffrom colour crepping from the edges of the leaves to the inside, scaring off the emerald green he loves. Below them, students are wandering and laughing, but Baekhyun's attention is elsewhere until he sees a particular group of people. 

 

Wu Kris, Do Kyungsoo, Oh Sehun, Kim Jongin, Kim Jongdae and Park Chanyeol are sitting on the grass under one of the trees, talking. Whole student body knows them, Baekhyun is no exeption, despite his lack of anyone to gossip with. They're a closed clique, only close with one another, although being nice to everyone. Not the high school kinka type, though. Popular thanks to their flawless GPAs and good looks, liked because of their kindness. The circle is closed, however, no matter how hard people try to join it.

 

Baekhyun watches as Kyungsoo, slightly shorter than the rest of them, with doe eyes and a heart-shaped, full lips, takes out his lunch and shares it with them, glaring at Jonging, tan-skinnes blonde with a devilsh smirk, when the latter tries to feed him. And ahh, right, Park Chanyeol.

 

Baekhyun never really considered himself gay before noticing te guy for the first time. During both middle school and high school he focused mainly on studying and his books, but it wasn't a shock to him to find another male attractive, all his favourite book characters being boys. But then again, it's hard not to feel attracted to Chanyeol - a tall, lean man with a handsome face and cat-like eyes. His smile is what Baekhyun likes the most about him, it's either easy and warm or just pure y. A strong ten he was, indeed.

 

As if feeling Baekhyun's eyes oh him, Chanyeol looks up and their gazes lock through the glass of the window. Chanyeol seems curious before be smiles a little and goes back to conversing with his friends.

 

Baekhyun let's out a breath he's been holding.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

He stands in front of his locker, not opening it as he's deep in his own thoughts. Dire wolves are supposed to be extinct for thousands of years, yet he's sure that he's seen one, touched one. Not even one, but 6 of them, his wolf included. How is is possible? Did they live so deep into the woods that no one has seen them? Can they even grow this big? Did they-

 

"Aah-!" his face slams against the lockers when he's pushed from behind. He turns around to glare at the culprit. "Lee ing Donghan can you get lost for the rest of my life?" 

 

The guy smirks, standing nonchalantly and glancing at Baekhyun is a provocative manner. " You told me to come back when I grow a ? Wanna blow me to make sure it's there?"

 

Baekhyun's about to ing strangle him when a voice cuts him off.

 

"Hey!" a deep yell blooms in the nearly-empty corridor and holy Baekhyun knows that voice. "Is there a problem?"

 

Park Chanyeol is right there, saving him like a knight on a white horse minus the horse. Dressed casually in a pair of washed jeans, a white wifebeater and a navy ed shirt thrown over his broad shoulders, hands hidden in his front pockets and brown hair pushed back to uncover his forehead, he still looks like a greek god and Baekhyun is jealous.

 

"You got lucky, Byun." Donghan snides before making his way the opposite direction to Chanyeol as the other approaches Baekhyun.

 

"You okay, Baekhyun?"

 

Holy , he knows Baekhyun?

 

"Y-yeah, thanks. How do know my name?" it just slips, what can he say.

 

Chanyeol seems bashful for a moment, tugging his left hand out of his pocket to scratch his nape. Baekhyun wants to coo.

 

"I attended your class once, last year." it's a lie, Baekhyun'd remember having a class with Park Perfection Chanyeol. "I'm glad you're fine though, the guy seemed like a ."

 

"He is. Thank you." he hugs the book he's holding to himself and he can't pull his gaze off Chanyeol.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter