Three

12 Mafia Princes

 Chapter 3

 


Haneul was getting confused as the clock ticked. After their seemingly short introduction, Haneul felt like she just got brainwashed. She heards names that she never heard before which made her wonder if she is even in the right house.

"I don't remember reading about Lay, Suho, Tao, Chen, Xiumin, Kai, D.O and Kris." Haneul said which earned a series of awkward laugh from them. Most of them were trying to send a short message to each other using eye contacts, making them look weirder from Haneul's point of view.

"If you are wondering if I have read about your identity, I did." Haneul blurted out like it was nothing to her. Suho faked coughed when he realised that all previous efforts to break their identites to her in a more polite way was useless. 

Sehun was busy staring at her, trying to find a bit of fear in her eyes but those dark orbs reflected nothing. Absolutely nothing. He was sure that his friends were taken aback by her calm reaction. That is a first.

"But can I still use your real names?" She asked. Tao was the first one who shot a friendly smile followed by the rest who nodded their head. All except Lay was responding to her.

The kid looked like he was lost. He was physically here but he seem elsewhere mentally. It creeped Haneul out that very moment but she have to give it to him for being able to space out in a short 5 minute introduction. He looked to adorable to be a pyschopath.

"Sorry, but what are you guys talking about?" Lay asked as he eyes his friends. 

"It's nothing, Yixing ssi." Haneul chuckled. Yixing smiled and turned away from his friends. Her smile got wiped off her face when she realised that they were all looking at her, seemingly intriuged.

There was a minute of silence before Kris broke it, "We will show you to your room." His friends trailed behind him as he lead the way to Haneul's room. Most of them were busy chattering with Haneul, not even bothering when Chanyeol tried explaining the house concept.

 


I slipped into my tight fitting crop top and buckled my distressed denim shorts. It have been one good unpacking session and I managed to fall asleep on the soft comfy bed after a warm shower. Jongin came in earlier to wake me up also to tell me about the dinner outing which is also why I am standing in front of the mirror.

I took one good look at myself, to make sure that everything looked okay before I made my way down the flight of marble stairs. My room was in the middle of the hallway, on the second floor. Beside my spacious room was Luhan and Lay, who somehow got the room because of a bet, at least that was what Kyungsoo told me when we were on our way to check out my room. 

"Xiumin, where's my trainers?" I asked while scanning through the pile of shoes near the door. Xiumin was to help out with my shoes during the unpacking process earlier. I really did pity him because my shoe collection did grow after Grandpa insist that we buy every shoe he deem as fit. 

"Not wearing those?" It was not Xiumin who replied, instead it was Chen who was pointing to a pair of Louboutins standing at a corner. 

I frowned at the pair of sky high heels and shook my head like a little kid when I turned to look at them. During our little unpacking process earlier, they have also managed to make me drop the '-ssi' whenever I said their name.

Chanyeol was insisting that it would sound more personal and less strict without the '-ssi' and his best friend Baekhyun was eagerly nodding along. In the end, the both of them managed to convince me into dropping the formalities. Chanyeol did have his way of words and Baekhyun was really a supportive friend.

I caught Luhan say something like "weird but that's good", which made some of them chuckle. I looked at them weirdly, trying to figure out what they were talking about but their conversation soon became a hunt for my Nike trainers. 

Xiumin defended himself by saying he kept it near the Louboutins while the others claimed to have not seen it anywhere. Sehun even said that he would flip the house inside out when he was just sitting there looking for my shoes literally. I scoffed at the sight of him sitting Indian style on the cold white tiles and literally looking for my shoes with his  moving of eyeball.

"Oops." I heard Sehun say. Everyone was looking at him and most importantly at the tiny shoe he was wearing. The shoe did not even cover half of his freaking gigantic leg and the pair of black and white Nikes looked really familiar.

"What the hell, Sehun!" I hollered as I marched over to him and plucked my shoe off his big foot and slipped it into mine. I swear that they looked just like a bunch of immature adults if only I did not know about their true identity.

The others shot him a dry look in which he responded with a cheeky smile. I slung my Michael Korrs across my torso and trailed behind Luhan. We reached the parking space where a series of cars ranging from Porsche to Audi was parked. 

"Let's go." Tao said as he pulled me along to his red Lamborghini. My hands were encased in his, it have been a long time since someone last held my hand like this. It felt really comforting and cosy. 

He opened the door and lead me into the car. He jogged to the other side and joined me as well. Everything felt so normal until he sped off from the mansion. The feeling did felt really great, the speed and excitement but it was shockingly terrible when he first step on the gas pedal. It felt like I was going to fly away if not for the safety belt.

"We're here." Tao said softly as he pulled away the seatbelt and help unfastened mine. 

 


 

 

"-ssi" : By adding this to a person name when you call for them, it shows respect and this is normally used when you are addressing a senior