One

12 Mafia Princes

Chapter 1

 


"." I cursed under my breath when I heard them shout after me. They were getting fairly close to me, this might be the time I really die while running away from debt collectors.

This all started when my dear mother ran away from home; her perfect princess life because of some 'freedom issues'. In Shanghai, she met a man named Liu, he was a tall, muscular man who looked like he could beat the hell out of anyone. However, he was tender when it came to treating my mother, which was also the reason why he managed to 'convince' her into being the guarantee of his loan.

Liu thought it would be nice to leave the both us with his huge debt, which was obviously not what we expected from a man that could have became my second father. I swore I abhor him with all my guts and pores, it was extreme hate that I felt towards him. My mother's death only made the problem worse, for years we have been running and hiding but still they found us wherever we went. 

"Get her!" His gruff voice brought me out of my thoughts and I realised that I ran into a dead alley. 

His goons started to charge forward and they threw every punch they had and every kick that they could muster up. I must say that I was seriously impressed by my ability to survive that long, I would die without regrets but at least not before I put up a fight. I have been itching to punch someone in their gut for the longest time possible. Throughout all this 10 years, I learnt more than I should in school. I mastered martial skills by hiding behind the wall staring at gang fights, sneaking a peak at the taekwondo students in the training center in the city.

I swiftly ducked when a kick was directed at me. I swear I heard him grumble some incoherent words, most likely curses. His mates continued to attack me with punches and hits until I ended up on the rough ground. My head was bleeding and my knee was scarred by the small pebbles littered on the ground. I closed my eyes when I caught sight of one of them picked up a brick from a nearby pile. That's the end.

"Stop immediately!" A deep voice hollered, my eyes fluttered open and I saw that the fierce men in front of me was surrounded by guards in suits. The guards were all holding pistols and directing it at the collectors. In the middle of it, were an old man and me. He gave me a soft, heart warming smile when he saw me.

"Haneul, is that you? Song Haneul!" He said excitedly. Not many knew my korean name, the last time I checked only my mother knew about it. He must be someone my mother know, now that he was closer to me, he looked strangely familiar.

"Grandpa?" I blurted out in disbelief. The person that I thought I would never see again ended up appearing in front of me in front of such chaos. 

"Yes, sweetheart." Grandpa said as he pulled me along with him into a black sedan. I was slightly amazed by the interior of this luxury car, it looked much bigger than it seemed outside.

 


Those thoughts from a week ago got knocked out of my head when the chauffeur took my Louis Vuitton carry all from me and loaded it in the Mercedes. He gave me a small smile which I returned with a shy smile, I guess all these years of running also made me rusty to the luxury life I was supposed to own. It took Grandpa one whole week to make me get used to the life he was living, which is also the reason why the both of us only returned to Seoul today.

"I have something to do. Tiffany will let you know what to do." Grandpa said before leaving in another car. I gave him a small wave and slid in the Mercedes with Tiffany following right behind me. She was a middle aged lady that looked no more than her forties, probably only 32 years old. 

Tiffany pushed her glasses up her nose bridge and handed me a folder filled with papers that seemed like a interview form. A small rectangular photo was attached to every paper, below it was filled with tons of lines. My eyes almost dropped out of its sockets when I read their information. Tiffany seemed to notice my reaction and gave me a comforting pat on the shoulder.

For the rest of the journey, instead of having a quick rest in the comfortable car, I was gulping at those papers every now and then. None of those words seem to make sense to me at least not when I read it for the first, second and third time. It took me four freaking tries to realise that this is true and it is not a fake identity that they made up.

Tiffany was glancing at me occasionally with a worried look, but when I looked at her, she would smile and turn away. I would let out a gasp so frequently that even the driver have stopped turning around to look at me. Was it the tenth time that I gasped or was it the fifteenth time? I lost count at my responses.

 


  Author's Note-

So EXO is not present in this chapter but fret not because they will be included in the second chapter! Please endure with my terrible english and grammar >_< 


 

 PREVIEW

"Goodbye, Haneul ssi."

"It's fine, dying is no big deal." I whispered... 

 

"He just called me 'sister'."