Sick

☾Gyoon | A Collection of Oneshots☽
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Daesung oppa, how is he?" she asked, swiftly taking off her large overcoat. She glanced around the living room that the doorway lead to for any signs of her boyfriend. Concern was evident in her voice, as she had been worried for a couple days now. 

 

"He's getting better, although the doctor suggests that he rests for a little longer." He lifted the bags of groceries the girl had bought, and walked over to the kitchen. The latter followed steadily behind. As she entered, she found herself unaware of the changes that had occurred since the last time she visited. She quietly observed the room, taking in the random opened cabinets, and the island scattered with toppled pill bottles. Sickness and despair seemed to surround the atmosphere, and all she could do was stand there uncomfortably. 

 

"Yoona, you should probably go check on him. I have to go pick up his medication from the pharmacy. There's a recipe for soup on the counter you should make when he wakes," Daesung said, breaking the pregnant silence. She looked at him, and then towards the door of the bedroom. It seemed to await her entrance, coaxing her to come closer. Yoona nodded hesitantly, walking over to the closed room that had housed the sick boy for hours now. A gulp passed through , as the sound of the front door indicated Daesung had left. When she entered the room, the sight caught her off guard. Her boyfriend, who was known to be strong and confident, was now lying in bed resembling a weak and fragile piece of china. She stifled a gasp, while placing herself at the edge of the bed. She watched his stomach rise and fall at a constant pace. Cold sweats dabbled across his face, reflecting the sun light seeping through the window, and illuminating his face. His head laid across a soaked pillow, and his arms were buried under the sheets. His hair was tousled all over the place, with a couple of damp strands here and there. His usual red tinted lips was now replaced by crackly skin that protruded outwards. Yoona always had a liking for people with carved faces, but seeing the bones under his skin sent a shiver up her spine. Her hand found itself touching his forehead that was radiating the hottest heat possible. 

 

"Pabo-yah, you said you would take care of yourself," Yoona sighed, combing back his hair, away from his forehead. She silently admired his features that seemed to be more prominent. Shocking he still looked just as handsome as if he was perfectly fine. Her eyes trailed slightly down to his uncovered shoulder that was peeking out. Under the comforter, was his body that was only covered by a white t-shirt. 

 

"Tsk. No wonder you're getting sick," she scoffed as if he could hear. She got up and dug through his closet for a more suitable shirt for a sick patient. A rolled up black top from the corner of his dresser caught her eye, and she pulled out the long sleeve to examine the length. 

 

"This should be good," she whispered, careful not to wake up her sound asleep boyfriend. Her toes tiptoed back, and she looked down at the sleeping boy. Placing the shirt on a nearby night stand, she gently pulled back the covers to his legs, and reached for the hem of his shirt. Instantly, he seemed to sense the lost of warmth and he trembled, feeling the cold winter air swallow him up.   She moved closer to him, hoping she could share her body heat, warming him up. His trembling softened to a small quiver, and she noticed that she herself had been shaking. Remaining in her current position, Yoona slowly peeled the shirt up, exposing his navel and chest. She looked away for a second, before coming back to watch her progress. Her hands stopped every couple of seconds to make sure she hadn't awaken him. Then she would continue. When she felt his collarbone, she inhaled deeply and lifted his head with one hand. With the other, she gradually and anxiously removed his shirt. Wet stains were sprawled across the back, as Yoona held it between her two fingers. She released a breath, realizing she had been holding it in while walking to his hamper. After ensuring that the shirt would get a thorough wash, she headed back towards him. As she was mumbling about his lack of care towards his health, she paused when she caught the eyes of her now awake boyfriend. He was sitting up against the headboard, ruffling his hair and locking eyes with the girl. 

 

"Yoona?" he asked, causing the girl to snap from her shock. 

 

"Oh! Jiyong. You're awake." She felt a heat rush to her cheeks, probably emphasizing her embarrassment. 

 

"Yeah, just now. Was that my shir-"

 

"I'm going to go work on that soup now," she interrupted, wanting to avoid the confrontation. She hurriedly rushed out the room, resting her back against the closed door as soon as she exited. An inward sigh escaped , while she swiped her palm across her forehead, wiping the noticeable sweat that had formed.

 

Ten minutes had passed since she saw him. She was cutting the vegetables for the soup when she heard the bedroom door open and close. Not wanting him to sense her embarrassment, she kept her eyes locked on the knife and potato she had been dicing. Yoona felt a pair of eyes watching her from a distance, and she finally looked up. Jiyong was leaning against the corner of the wall, with a mask covering the lowe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter