L.Joe

Way to Eternity

I was with my best friend Hyuna. She told me about her audition and how she passed it. We decided to cut classes so we could hang-out in our favorite coffee shop. 

And while I was listening to her story, the kiss was still running through my head. I looked horrible and shamed a while ago. But why would she do that? Was she in love with me? 

No. That can't be. Her ultimate crush was a soccer player, Choi Minho. Her day won't be complete without talking about him. We had met him in person, but we hadn't talked at all. He was stoic, and a snob.

So yeah, she was just happy. That was it.

 

"I'll be working at Cube entertainment, with girls who also passed the audition. They haven't told us the name of the group, but I know it will be unique."

"Well good luck for that. You won't be able to go to school anymore aren't you?" I asked as she pouted.

"That's the sad thing. I won't be able to spend a lot of time with you too."

"Haha. Don't worry, I won't forget to send your lunch. Or perhaps I could be your driver."

"Aww, that's sweet." She giggled and drank her warmed coffee.

 

I glanced out the window and kept quiet, letting her savor her cappuccino. 

I saw a girl standing beside a lampstand. It was freezing cold outside, and she wasn't even wearing a jacket.

Her black, sleeveless dress was exposing her legs as the breeze streamed. She was even barefooted. 

My eyes followed her as she stepped, and stepped another till I lost sight of her.

"Hyuna. I- I have to buy something in the market. I'll be right back okay?"

"I'll come with you!" She protested.

"No, it's cold outside. Just stay here. I'll be fast."

I didn't bother to hear her another complain and just ran out to find the girl. 

Fortunately, I could still see her -- walking down the road slowly.