Sawajiri, Erika

Way to Eternity

I wasn't sure of who I was, but I had a record to remember every single day. Erika. 15 years of existence. Japanese. Speaks Korean fluently. No parents, but has a guardian. Currently got no idea of where I was going.

Now that I've finished my daily routine, I had to find out who my guardian was. Is he a boy, or a girl? Or perhaps I falsely stated my memories and just thought that I had a guardian. But this notebook couldn't lie to me. It was the only thing that made me alive. And it was the only thing that I would never forget, because the contents tell me of who I was.

I crossed in a silent, dim street and saw three shadows.

"Oh, look who's here." 

Humans. They were laughing, drinking. Sort of having fun. They harm people who walked in their territory. So does that mean that they're going to harm me? But no. They couldn't. I know they can't.

"How old are you, little princess?" 

I was wearing a white, sleveless dress. Barefooted. And my long, black hair was loose; strands fondling my stripped shoulders.

"15." I distantly replied, as I felt his fingers touched my chin.

They circled around me, and asked questions that I can't understand. 

"You poor girl, wandering around by yourself."

They were touching every part of my body, and I didn't like it. Were they evildoers? 

Yes they are.

My spine ached, feeling it cracking through my senses. Something was going to come out, but my mind was telling me not to. It was dangerous. A killer.

My whole body heated up, as black stripes slowly and painfully devour my body. I screamed, but I wasn't able to hear it. I saw my dress ripped up; thorns shielded the black stripes.

"M-monster!" I heard them cried as they tried to run away but they were caught.

I curled up, as the thing in my spine finally escaped. My wings fluttered open; a feeling of relief came to me.

Now I know who I am. I was born a thousand of years ago, to bestow destruction upon the world. But someone sealed me, and I wasn't able to do my will. I was defeated.

That can't be. I know how powerful I am. I reigned the world once, how come I AM DEFEATED?

My anger burst out, and I saw blood spilled from the three men. I killed them. 

"nesvijest!"

Someone came. It was a man. And he had power over me. 

My strength gradually weaken, as my inner body sealed my wings again. My human features returned. All because of him.