Chapter 3

Crushed By Crush

[Taeyeon’s POV]

I’m not sure why but I’ve been feeling like I’m being watched by someone. Weirdly, I only got that feeling when I spend time with Jessica alone, like right now.

“Hey, instead of zoning out, you seem pretty fidgety these days. Anything’s wrong?” Jessica asked while she put the watering can on a chair.

Today, Mr. Kang came to ask me to water the plants again and guess what? This time I managed to take Jessica with me. Can you imagine, you and your crush, alone in the garden? Moreover it’s a indoor garden! But I can’t seem to enjoy the moment because of that feeling of being watched. I kept turning my head around to make sure there will be no ert popped out and tried to touch my precious Jessica.

“Uh.. Don’t you feel it?” I said nervously.

“Feel what?” She raised one of her eyebrows questioningly.

Man, I know she’s quite dense in reading people and situation but I couldn’t believe she’s this dense! I mean, how could she ignored or missed this kind of feeling? It’s like someone has been staring at you intensely. Like really really intense.

“Sica, you really don’t feel anything?” Unconciously I blurted out the nickname I’ve been using in mind. I turned around and clasped my mouth, trying to hide my shocked face.

“I don’t, so could you explain it to me? You know I’m quite dense.”

She didn’t notice the nickname… Somehow I felt a little relieved and a little disappointed.

“So, you do know you’re dense.” I teased back while putting stupid big fake smile.

“Yah! Just tell me what is it already?” she while making a thearthening gesture. Like ‘if you won’t tell me, I’ll hit you with this watering can’.

“Nothing, it’s nothing, probably just my imagination.”, I grinned, “Let’s head back to class, recess time is about to end.”

“You know, you keep too much secrets.” She said nonchalantly.

“You’re not one to say that.” I shot back.

I knew we both know that she kept way more secrets than me and I would like to become the person she could confide to when those secrets take a toll on her. Of course I’ve never said that out loud or I’m sure she’ll start avoiding me instead.

“So, what should I call you from now on?”

“Hm? What do you mean?” My eyebrows met in the middle of my big forehead.

“You gave me a nickname. I should give you one too.” She grinned proudly.

My heart skipped a beat. She did notice!!

“What do you want to call me?” I asked. Keeping a cool face.

“Well, your name is Kim Taeyeon. K…T. I know! I’ll call you Kitty! It’s sounds like KT.”

I bursted out laughing.

“A..are you be..ing seri..ous?” I said between my laughter.

“Of course why wouldn’t I?” She pouted.

“Please don’t call me that.” I said after I regained my composure.

“Your face is red.” She said, coming closed to cup my face.

Out of reflex, I stepped back. I was not the type that like skinship but right now, I feel like slapping myself. Jessica wanted to touch you!! WHY the hell I stepped back?!! Stupid Kim Taeyeon!!

“It’s because I have sensitive skin. Blood rushes to my face when I laugh.” Despite the war going on in my mind, I kept smiling at her.

“I’m jealous of your fair skin, Tae.” She said while my arm.

‘MY HEART!!’ I screamed in my mind. Not only that, she called me ‘Tae’!!

“Huh? You’re quite fair yourself and for your information, I’m the most tanned one in my family.”

“What the? What did your family eat to be like that?”

For the first time in my life, I found someone’s shocked face cute.

“We eat stones, maybe you should try some.” I said.

She bursted into a big high-pitched laughter while slapping my arm. Well, our ‘sweet moments’ has come to end since we already reached our class. I wish I could spent more time (alone) with her. As soon as we stepped in the class, Tiffany Hwang franctically rushed her way to Jessica.

“Jessi! Where have you been? I’ve been searching for you.”

I rolled my eyes at her exaggerated response. She hated me. I hated her. And we never try to hide that. Everyone in class know it. Well, except the super dense ice princess.

“I went to the garder with, Tae.”

“Tae?” Tiffany furrowed her brows in disgust.

I freaking want to punch her face.

“Yes, Tae. Taeyeon.” Jessica explained patiently.

“Like there’s another ‘Tae’ in our class.” I casually joined the conversation.

Tiffany glared at me. I let out a winning sinister smile.

“Could you let me through?”

A deep voice came from behind me. Since we all were standing in the entrance of class, we stepped aside to let the anonymous in. Strangely, I felt chills ran through my spines when he spoke. I swear it felt freaking familiar. I stared hard at him. He turn his head a little and I could catch a glimpse of his face. It’s Daesung. Our eyes met and I feel the chills. Now I’m 100% sure, without any doubt, he was the one watching me and Jessica all this time… But why? I was about to turn on my dectetive mode but my chemistry teacher already standing by the door. Signaling us to go back to our reprective seats.

“What’s your face?” Yuri who sits beside me asked.

“What?”

“Your face looks like you’re ready to kill anyone.”

“Shut up, Yuri. I don’t have the energy to argue with you.”

“You never do anyway.”

I glared at her. She usually never talk to me unless she needs something from me. If your’re wondering why, I did tell you that she betrayed me years ago right? It left a big scar in my heart to the point I decided to kill all my emotions and facial expressions. ‘Never show your weakness to anyone’ was the moral I got from that incident. People still see us as best friends since we do talk to each other and she was the only girl that dared to hit me or take my notes casually.

“Chill bro.” She said. She knew I’m not in the mood to joke around.

I have a big question mark to solve here. Why would Daesung, the boy who always fail the class no matter how hard he study, stalked me and Jessica.

“I’m serious. You better save whatever you’re thinking about for later. Even the teacher is afraid of your face.” Yuri nudged me with her elbow.

I looked up at the teacher and he threw me a worried look as if asking me ‘what’s wrong’. I shook my head and smiled at him, sending him the message ‘It’s nothing’. Our chemistry teacher is my favorite teacher in high school and he treated me like his own daughter. Maybe I should really save those thoughts for later.

But then, when I looked at Daesung’s seat which is four seats behind me. I saw him look at Jessica with somewhat troubled face. Another question mark arise in my head. ‘What’s with him?’. He never really stood out because he’s dense, doesn’t have good looks, also no good academically. I have never pay any attention to him before. The looks in his face when he looked at Jessica somehow really bothered me.

“What now? You like Daesung?” Yuri teased.

“If you still want to be alive tommorrow, please just pay attention to the white board.” I growled.

Yuri shrunk in defeat. There’s only one thing in my mind right now. I MUST find out what’s going on.

 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Sorry for the grammar errors~

Please do leave your COMMENTS about the chapter~

Enjoy~

-author-